Creature Feature

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Here’s my latest assortment of papier mache sculptures:

groupshot_123113_zps08b48efe.jpg

If you want to learn more, click on any of the animations below to visit the figure's respective page on my web site.

Chimera Lizard (Super Famicom 1996 Wizardry Side Story IV: Throb of the Demon’s Heart)

Ostrelephant (Gameboy Advance 2006 Mother 3)

Makara (Sega Saturn 1997 Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers)

Scare-case [OMFG Series 4 character submission (original artist/designer unknown)]

Cursed Demon (Sony Playstation 1998 Shadow Tower)

Centaur (Super Famicom 1995 Princess Minerva)

groupshot_2013_zps33a1c2e9.jpg

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
good god, the time and effort you put into these is unreal!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Love the Scare-case Figure!

Agreed! my other favories are what I think is some sort of bread thing toward the upper right ( with the two different sized round eyes ) [edit- The Walking Bread . I thought I remembered that one!]and the blob of eyes thing down toward the left( I forget the name for those something-plex?).

edit:not plex jubilex, right?[edit: Spitball Blob,meh it still jubilex with its eyes closed to me]hard to confirm http://www.merzo.net/001art_Dungeons_and_Dragons.htm try clicking its pic, you get sent to duty free smokes or something? the others work though? weird because its not quite a malboro. sorry for drifting...

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Once again M, you impress. Thanks for sharing all of your work, you have serious talent my friend!

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Dude, that scare case is sweet as fugg, don't know where it's from but I dig it!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Really like the little details in each piece, way to go man. Looking forward to more!

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Scare case is my favorite out this bunch, but all look great, good stuff thanks for sharing.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Scare-case is my name for the creature, but I don't know what the original designer dubbed it. The original illustration I based the figure on was an entry for OMFG (Outlandish Mini Figure Guys) Series 4, a Kickstarter-funded toy line, similar to the old M.U.S.C.L.E. and Monsters in my Pocket franchises, where the voters decide which characters actually get produced. Speaking of which, if any of your are interested in seeing one of your original character ideas made into a real toy, October Toys is still taking submissions for series 5 (you don't have to know how to sculpt, drawings/sketches are also acceptable):

http://www.octobertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12686

Deadline is January 31st.

@Karou: As a serious D&D geek, I'm very familiar with Jubilex (I have many megabytes of 1st-4th Edition D&D Monster Manuals, Fiend Folios, saved on my hard drive at home). Anyway, that guy's artwork in the link you provided has some very nice renditions of D&D demons/devils, but, yeah, I got the duty free cigarettes thing too when I clicked on the Jubilex image. It only does that with Jubilex too, not with the other demons, strange, eh? Maybe Jubilex wants us all to die from lung cancer?