Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
What do you guys think? That Goldstar chip makes me suspicious

IMG_3489.JPG
IMG_3490.JPG

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Really? Questioning the authenticity of a board based on a TTL chip? The mask roms are legit though.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I actually don't think it's a bootleg, it just looks odd. I guess there is a lot of variation out there. Picture of the board differs greatly from others I've found on the net. I'm wondering if anyone else has one like this or knows anything about it.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I actually don't think it's a bootleg, it just looks odd. Picture of the board differs greatly from others I've found on the net. I'm wondering if anyone else has one like this or knows anything about it.

It's just a chip label. Don't think about it too hard. It's just whatever SNK got from the supplier at any given time. GS = gold star.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Last edited:

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I suggest you take high res pictures of the front and back of both boards and submit them to mvs-scans in case it is a rarity or oddity

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
All '94 KoF carts that I've seen have been CHA256 boards.

Even the one on MVS board scans is CHA256.

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/File:Kof94_set1_b2_front.jpg

His '94 CHA256B board is, no doubt, legit. Just unusual to be found in a '94 board set.

I'm sure he's wondering what the deal is with it.

If he had an ADK cart, with CHA256B, then I'm sure he wouldn't be asking.

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/File:Aggressors_of_dark_kombat_set1_b2_front.jpg

That's why I tell people to use the scans site as a guideline, not gospel. You gotta look for patterns of what a legit cart should look like and you won't need to consult the page so often. Especially helpful if you can't check internet during a pickup.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
That's why I tell people to use the scans site as a guideline, not gospel. You gotta look for patterns of what a legit cart should look like and you won't need to consult the page so often. Especially helpful if you can't check internet during a pickup.

Definitely, I hear ya on that.