NG:Dev Team - Latest MVS Status Updates?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'm surprised they still didn't finish selling the Neo XYX homecarts. You'd think the resellers would have grabbed them all by now.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Last Hope Pink Bullets NEO GEO AES Limited Edtion [LE] is up for preorder now.

Missile

Another Striker
I like the Gauntlet idea too. I hope NGDevteam are watching.

Reading back, people were saying that the Neo Geo puts strain on the 68K with it's sprite system. Maybe it does but when you're getting huge sprites drawn and scaled for free surely it's not that bad having a whole 12Mhz 68k to switch sprite priorities and organise the drawing? PowerDrift on the Saturn ran at 30 frames per sec and Outrun in the arcade I think did too. (the Saturn version is 60 fps) So there's also the option to take a smoothness hit for increased detail as well.

I think if you took an Amiga (with it's < 8mhz 68000 CPU), got rid of all it's custom chips (along with it's 8 tiny unscaleable sprites), screen buffer and gave it 380 sprites, the Amiga people would be making super-scalar games for free.

I must admit in the past I had ideas to write a game that was a sort of cross between robotron and gauntlet..

You should def make that game Razoola. Have you made any Neo Geo games before? You must know your way around the console very well by now.

I'd rather see NG DEV TEAM focus what they are good at, SHMUP, the 2-3 man operation has limited resources. Ideally they could get other developers to make games of other genres and publish them

I agree but does make me wonder why they never get fed up of making schmups. There is also a worry if they did make a fighter and didn't know what they were doing then they could end up making this :

Body_Blows-2.png

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'm surprised they still didn't finish selling the Neo XYX homecarts. You'd think the resellers would have grabbed them all by now.

These sold out mid-day on the 14th. Regarding resellers, Timm has it built that you can't order more than 1 per time and they review each order before processing - as I understand it they won't ship more than 1 cart to the same person or address.

LHPB AES is limited to 50 copies; so it will be gone soon, i'm sure. It's been up less than 48 hours and i'm guessing they'll be gone tonight.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Interesting. Hopefully that means we won't be seeing neoayato/gaijingame or tokyotoyfactory trying to flip these for triple price on ebay then.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I agree but does make me wonder why they never get fed up of making schmups. There is also a worry if they did make a fighter and didn't know what they were doing then they could end up making this :

View attachment 13123

what is this game. can't believe I've never seen it before. looks fascinating.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Holy crud.

I used to play Body Blows on PC, crazyyyy. Havent thought about that game in years. Wave of nostalgia, too much.

Missile

Another Striker
Body Blows is one of those games that was great for the Amiga but if it was on Neo Geo it wouldn't be good enough. A good Western beat em up in other words. Team 17 did some good Amiga games though. esp. Alien Breed

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Heh, you're not far off with that presumption. It's Body Blows for the Amiga:

"The best beat-em up money can buy" - 91% - CU Amiga[3]
"Not as good as the console sf2, but it's a very close thing" - 87% - Amiga Format[4]
"If you thought Streetfighter II was the business, think again" - 92% - The One[5]
"A true corker of a game with undeniable influences" - 89% - Amiga Power[6]

Lol

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It looks like a masterpiece compared to the Amiga SFII port.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I dunno I think the animations still look better on SF2 even on the amiga and even though they are choppy. The music of body blows kicks ass!

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
It looks like a masterpiece compared to the Amiga SFII port.
Agreed.

I dunno I think the animations still look better on SF2 even on the amiga and even though they are choppy.
The animations, unfortunately, are absolutely horrible. Mainly because, anyone who knows anything about SFII, will notice plenty of stupid animation recycling right off the bat.

Like, the Shoryuken mainly contains animations from the uc st.HP combined with a static frame of the Dragon Punch itself. Not to mention the j.MK is a copy paste of the cr.MK.

Had to love the 4x rolls in Kens throw with K though. IIRC, Guile's double sweep hits for 2...?