Blazing Star MVS

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You're the buyer, you purchased off eBay, you have a lot of rights.

Raise a Paypal dispute through eBay that the item is not as described, place all of that information (correspondence, etc) in the Paypal logs. Paypal will most likely resolve the issue in your favour.

afs189

n00b
And more:

Dear coinopstore,

I do not intend to return the item. I plan to press the issue with ebay to receive the $40 refund we agreed to.

- afs189

Dear afs189,

I never agreed to any $40 refund. We discussed the possibility and I eventually decided against it. Please turn the game for full refund.

Dear coinopstore,

Yes you did. Me: As for the refund, you tell me what you think is reasonable. You: I think $30 is fair. What do you think? Me: I was thinking 50, so why don't we split it at 40? You: That's fine I'll do 40.

Dear afs189,

Not giving you a discount you were rude and insulting. you call me a liar and a fraud. keep the game or ship it back forrefund Not negotiable

-----------------------------------------

There doesn't appear to be anything else I can do. My options are close the case, return the item, or keep going around in circles with this guy until June, when the case closes automatically. I don't see a way to contact ebay about this.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
And more:

Dear coinopstore,

I do not intend to return the item. I plan to press the issue with ebay to receive the $40 refund we agreed to.

- afs189

Dear afs189,

I never agreed to any $40 refund. We discussed the possibility and I eventually decided against it. Please turn the game for full refund.

Dear coinopstore,

Yes you did. Me: As for the refund, you tell me what you think is reasonable. You: I think $30 is fair. What do you think? Me: I was thinking 50, so why don't we split it at 40? You: That's fine I'll do 40.

Dear afs189,

Not giving you a discount you were rude and insulting. you call me a liar and a fraud. keep the game or ship it back forrefund Not negotiable

-----------------------------------------

There doesn't appear to be anything else I can do. My options are close the case, return the item, or keep going around in circles with this guy until June, when the case closes automatically. I don't see a way to contact ebay about this.

Wow that sucks man, sorry to hear it. At this point I'd probably just eat the $6 return shipping and get the full refund.

I have a hard time believing all of coinopstore's carts are transplants. For example, I picked up a Shougi cart from him for $10 (including shipping, since I got another $20 cart off him too). How is it worth anyone's time to transplant all of those chips for a few bucks?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
damn bro that sucks! I would love to pick up the cart from you if you want to wash your hands of it!

afs189

n00b
Wow that sucks man, sorry to hear it. At this point I'd probably just eat the $6 return shipping and get the full refund.

I have a hard time believing all of coinopstore's carts are transplants. For example, I picked up a Shougi cart from him for $10 (including shipping, since I got another $20 cart off him too). How is it worth anyone's time to transplant all of those chips for a few bucks?

Oh, some might well be legit. I didn't mean to imply they were all transplants. Obviously, there's no way for me to know that.

If I were you, though, I'd check the boards against scans online, if you haven't already. This guy is simply not trustworthy.

afs189

n00b
damn bro that sucks! I would love to pick up the cart from you if you want to wash your hands of it!

I paid 85 for it. I can pay the 6 bucks to ship it back to him and get 79 back. Knowing it's not real, I doubt it would be worth that much to you. I might be interested in trade, though.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
PM me and lets see if we can strike a deal! I dont care about legitness, the vault needs more bootlegs, conversions, transplants, and drakon modded crap! I scoop up stuff like this to help get it off the streets and not let others pass it off as 100%!

afs189

n00b
And more:

Dear afs189,

At this point I would just prefer that you send the game back so I can sell it to someone else for full price will appreciate the fact that it's a real cart. I feel like the way you handled this has been unnecessarily rude and inappropriate. If you don't want to send it back and just keep it and enjoy it, it works perfect because it's a real cart. I bought it from Japan.

Dear coinopstore,

Twice now I've sent you the scans of the original board and pics of the board you sent me. It's not original. I'm not sending it back to you so you can scam someone else. First, you told me "According to everything I've ever been told the boards I sell are 100% legit." Then, later you said, "I've sold 10,000 these boards and two people have said they are fake." So, which is it? Am I the first or the second? You have no right to be offended when I accuse you of dishonesty. You already have a reputation amongst the neo geo forums for being a liar, and a scammer. I am not the first person to tell you the boards are not legit, you've given out several partial refunds already, and you lied when you told me otherwise. I quote from the forum: "The guy is a crook and a liar. He knowingly ships junk on ebay and then tries to do payouts to settle the dispute..So he still makes money AND gets rid of not as described, or simply broken, merchandise." Not to mention that cab group buy.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Calling him out for everything. This is how we roll at N-G.com

Let Paypal take care of the rest.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That won't do anything. Ebay will say to send the cart back to get the refund less shipping. It's up to the seller to agree to a partial refund in the resolution center or ask for the cart back for a refund. Either way, you are going to have to send it back to him unless he agrees to a partial refund when you open the case.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just send it back and get your refund from the dispute. No point wasting more time with the seller.

Better be fast about it, too. The window for raising a dispute is within 45 days from the date of purchase. You don't want the seller to stall any more time.

DPsx7

Banned
Geez, you guys are harsh if these are simply repairs. My first 2 games came from him (with crappy labels that I'll likely replace once I get a collection going) and they work fine. I've not opened them to compare to anything though. I understand the disappointment about being misled of course. I guess I just feel a little different about games that may not be 100% original. Right now I'll take anything that looks clean and works as all of my gaming collection has been bought for entertainment instead of as an investment.

If anything this might give me some ammo to bring down the price a little. He does seem to offer a lot and domestic shipping charges are way cheaper than international.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Geez, you guys are harsh if these are simply repairs. My first 2 games came from him (with crappy labels that I'll likely replace once I get a collection going) and they work fine. I've not opened them to compare to anything though. I understand the disappointment about being misled of course. I guess I just feel a little different about games that may not be 100% original. Right now I'll take anything that looks clean and works as all of my gaming collection has been bought for entertainment instead of as an investment.

If anything this might give me some ammo to bring down the price a little. He does seem to offer a lot and domestic shipping charges are way cheaper than international.

You've just answered the reason for whatever 'harsh' attitude you're referring to. We were misled. Also, he is denying facts that are blatantly presented to him. He may have created an established business selling arcade PCB's, cabs, etc. But that doesn't mean he is genuinely looking out for the community. He is a crook in my opinion, and I will not deal with him again.

You'll find that the majority of the community here are looking to play 100% original hardware and expect to receive that when that is what we're led to believe we're purchasing.

These aren't repairs either.

DPsx7

Banned
You've just answered the reason for whatever 'harsh' attitude you're referring to. We were misled. Also, he is denying facts that are blatantly presented to him. He may have created an established business selling arcade PCB's, cabs, etc. But that doesn't mean he is genuinely looking out for the community. He is a crook in my opinion, and I will not deal with him again.

You'll find that the majority of the community here are looking to play 100% original hardware and expect to receive that when that is what we're led to believe we're purchasing.

These aren't repairs either.

They aren't repairs? I'd ask how you could be certain just because they don't match a single cart scan. The chips are legit no?

In any case when hardware gets old I'd prefer to see it repaired and used rather than discarded, so that's why I'd be more forgiving about having 100% original items. Not that it's an excuse to be told it's original for the sake of making a few extra bucks. Oh well.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The bottom line is there is nothing inherently wrong with these carts. Knowingly withholding that they are repaired/refurbished is misleading but not worthy of the To Catch A Neo Predator outcry present in this thread. You didn't get a bootleg cart full of eproms. Either take the discount offered or return the game for a refund.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I would say return it and take the 6 dollar hit. To me this looks to be a repair job of some sort, so it is original in my opinion but repaired. He may not have known it was repaired. I bought a blazing star from him 2 years ago and that was completely original with no repairs. I doubt he bothers to check all his carts, and this one is not exactly a boot. Some carts which are original have configurations that are not on mvs scans, so you cant rely on it for every instance to tell a boot from an original.

Last edited:

DPsx7

Banned
For what it's worth I just checked the games I bought and everything matches up to the scans I saw. I may be new to NG but I know enough about electronics to say nothing looks like it's been tampered with. So maybe it was luck of the draw for this cart. Additionally I saw some carts have more than one set so who's to say you don't have an undocumented one? (Again, new to NG.)

I too have a Blazing Star on the way so I'll check that when it arrives.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
For what it's worth I just checked the games I bought and everything matches up to the scans I saw. I may be new to NG but I know enough about electronics to say nothing looks like it's been tampered with. So maybe it was luck of the draw for this cart. Additionally I saw some carts have more than one set so who's to say you don't have an undocumented one? (Again, new to NG.)

I too have a Blazing Star on the way so I'll check that when it arrives.

The word of the pros (Xian Xi and shadowkn55) carry a lot of weight here, so there is no doubt that at least some of the carts coinopstore sells are repairs. The problem is that he doesn't advertise them as such and when you pay ~$80 for a game most people want to be aware of such things. Especially when you can pick up a non repaired cart of the same game for a similar price.

That said, I have no problems buying dirt cheap games from this guy when he has them available, especially since those ones seem to be less likely to be repairs (little to no money made for the time involved for such work)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If it was only one or two carts, I would agree that they were a repair job, but the fact that it seems as though all of them are the same, they're more of a conversion, and need to be listed as such. As has been mentioned earlier, the original seller to coin op store likely came across a bunch of original Blazing Star roms and has converted them onto boards they had available.

Coin Op Store pleads complete ignorance to this despite being made aware numerous times now, and dishing out partial refund when he's called on it. He just hopes that the majority will not bring it to his attention, which they likely don't, and when they do, he acts as though he has no fucking idea what they're on about.

It's all bullshit lies. Fuck that guy.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
It sucks. Had I bought a cart in that condition, I would have liked to know it was a repair. I think a partial refund would have been in order, but seems like you are at the all or nothing point.

Fight it out on ebay. Worst case you lose nothing and end up where you are now. Best case you get a full refund. Seems like CoinUp Store has more to lose.

If it was only one or two carts, I would agree that they were a repair job, but the fact that it seems as though all of them are the same, they're more of a conversion, and need to be listed as such. As has been mentioned earlier, the original seller to coin op store likely came across a bunch of original Blazing Star roms and has converted them onto boards they had available.

Coin Op Store pleads complete ignorance to this despite being made aware numerous times now, and dishing out partial refund when he's called on it. He just hopes that the majority will not bring it to his attention, which they likely don't, and when they do, he acts as though he has no fucking idea what they're on about.

It's all bullshit lies. Fuck that guy.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It sucks. Had I bought a cart in that condition, I would have liked to know it was a repair. I think a partial refund would have been in order, but seems like you are at the all or nothing point.

Fight it out on ebay. Worst case you lose nothing and end up where you are now. Best case you get a full refund. Seems like CoinUp Store has more to lose.

I think you're aiming this at afs189. I've already gone through with the sale. He gave me a partial refund.