Blazing Star MVS

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Overall how do you feel about coinopostore now? I see a lot of their stuff on eBay

I'm indifferent. The sale has been finalised.

He gave me a partial payment in return and I have a cart that is not 100% original.

I won't be buying from him again, to be honest.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
well shit i wish i'd seen this before buying a few things from him a couple days ago... including a copy of blazing star...

i guess i better open them all up when they arrive... kinda annoyed right now :\

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
got mine today... pretty sure its the same as yours... i didn't think so at first, but like you say that Neo-273 chip isn't right...

IMAG0578_zps83723f62.jpg

IMAG0579_zpsf4cb80ec.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
its facing a different direction on board 2 when compared to the scans

The board he used is different from the one on mvs scans so the orientation is different. For cha256, it's supposed to look like that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The board he used is different from the one on mvs scans so the orientation is different. For cha256, it's supposed to look like that.

Exactly. The dot which indicates pin 1 is in the right spot. On MVS scans the board is a 512Y which has the Neo-273 facing the other way.

From my experience with the 512Y is that the Neo-273 has died a lot on them which is strange since the CHA256 I've rarely had the problem. I guess the seller doesn't know how to swap the Neo-273 so he just swapped all the chips over.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Exactly. The dot which indicates pin 1 is in the right spot. On MVS scans the board is a 512Y which has the Neo-273 facing the other way.

From my experience with the 512Y is that the Neo-273 has died a lot on them which is strange since the CHA256 I've rarely had the problem. I guess the seller doesn't know how to swap the Neo-273 so he just swapped all the chips over.

so what would you classify these carts as? repairs? conversions?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

They probably came from a later batch that had lots of defects. Those cha512y boards didn't show up until much later.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Definitely repair. No where near a conversion. I'd buy one if I was looking for BS cart.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
got mine today... pretty sure its the same as yours... i didn't think so at first, but like you say that Neo-273 chip isn't right...

Clearly the same deal as my boards. So, original SNK parts, but not original Blazing Star parts.

100% original like his auction says? No. And he knows this after our dealings.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Clearly the same deal as my boards. So, original SNK parts, but not original Blazing Star parts.

100% original like his auction says? No. And he knows this after our dealings.

Trust me, you're better off with the 256 than the 512Y.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
And he knows this after our dealings.

see you say this, yet he's claimed complete ignorance...

I forwarded your email over to the guy I buy the boards from. I will wait to hear what he has today.

I have been buying and selling these boards for years and Ive never had someone say they werent legit. So im not sure why your information is saying they are. (maybe they are different in Australia?) Hopefully my guy can shed some light.

i never used the word "legit"... i just said they aren't original... and trying to say they're different in Australia... wow...

I ordered a couple of carts from him... however my copy of Cyber-Lip is screwed so trying to get a refund on that

Trust me, you're better off with the 256 than the 512Y.

this does make me happier, but he shouldn't go saying its 100% original when it isn't... to be fair

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The guy is notorious for pleading ignorance.

Do a search on the forums and you'll see.

barrow

n00b
I bought a Blazing Star from coinopstore too recently. It was actually my first MVS cart, the description saying original boards along with a legit looking label was enough for me.

I don't have permissions to view the pictures in the original post but I'm assuming it's the same board I have in mine. Could someone confirm? Here's a pic:

2ng9cf6.jpg

Larger pic:
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2dtu447.jpg

I'm new to the scene, I've been on the lookout for straight up bootlegs but had no idea about these repair jobs using original parts. Assuming it is all original parts, I can live with it.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The mask roms are legit. The board is a transplant like everything else coinopstore sells.

afs189

n00b
Bought Blazing Star from this guy. Wish I would have seen this thread first. IMG_0114.JPG

Sent him an email with photos showing the original board, and the not-original one he sent me. Then opened a case:

"The item was listed as original, but it isn't. I've already contacted the seller with photos that demonstrate this. Furthermore, after some online searching, I've discovered that the seller has previously been made aware that the product is not original several times, and has apparently claimed ignorance each time, and continued to list it as original regardless. See: [link to this thread]"

Curious to see how he responds.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Be sure to update us as the case progresses.

afs189

n00b
[Re-posting to make it easier to read. Sorry about that. Can't edit my original post. :annoyed: If a mod could delete it, I'd appreciate it. :)]

Good God, has it progressed. Here's my correspondence with him thus far (trust me, it's worth reading):

Dear coinopstore,

I recently purchased Blazing Star for the neo geo, which was listed as original, but this is not the case, as you can see from the attached photos (the high quality photo is an original board, the lower quality is the one you sent me).

- afs189

Dear afs189,

Please return the game for a full refund. All my games are original.
Thanks,

Dear coinopstore,

The first attached photo is an original board, the second is the one you sent me. The board is not original.

Honestly, I'd rather receive a partial refund and keep it, as it does work, but it's not original. And seeing as how that has already been brought to your attention, it's deceptive to list it as original. Actually, I think it might actually qualify as fraud. At any rate, it's definitely against eBay's terms of use.

- afs189

Dear afs189,

According to everything I've ever been told the boards I sell are 100% legit. You can see from my feedback that I've never had a customer say anything different. I will admit I'm not an expert on these boards but the person I purchased them from is and he says they're real.

I don't appreciate you throwing around the word fraud as though I am intentionally trying to mislead people and committing an intentional act.

That being said my only goal on eBay is to keep customers happy, I wouldn't try to mislead you.

What type of discount do you feel would be appropriate? I'll Run it by the owner the company and if she agrees we can move forward.
Thanks,

Dear coinopstore,

From this forum: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...Star-MVS/page2

The issue has been brought to your attention before. According to one user, you messaged him saying "I forwarded your email over to the guy I buy the boards from. I will wait to hear what he has today. I have been buying and selling these boards for years and Ive never had someone say they werent legit. So im not sure why your information is saying they are."

And someone else claims to have settled the same issue with you before even this guy, and another user came in after both of them to complain about this, so for you to say "According to everything I've ever been told the boards I sell are 100% legit" is simply not true. Another user on that thread writes, "100% original like his auction says? No. And he knows this after our dealings," and "The guy is notorious for pleading ignorance. Do a search on the forums and you'll see."

As for the refund, you tell me what you think is reasonable.

- afs189

Dear afs189,

I think $30 is fair.

What do you think?

Dear coinopstore,

I was thinking 50, so why don't we split it at 40?

- afs189

Dear afs189,

That's fine I'll do 40.
Thanks,

Dear coinopstore,

Just to note:

You said: "I don't appreciate you throwing around the word fraud as though I am intentionally trying to mislead people..."

Listing these games as original without caveat when you already know better IS "intentionally trying to mislead people". And it is against eBay's terms of use.

You should really stop doing that.

- afs189

Dear afs189,

I think it would be best if I just refund your purchase, I'll pay for your shipping.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dear coinopstore,

Why?

- afs189

Dear afs189,

Why?

Your calling me a scammer and a liar. It's super offensive. Wouldn't you be offended?

I'm an honest person and I'm a good seller.
Thanks,

Dear coinopstore,

You wrote this to a user: "I forwarded your email over to the guy I buy the boards from. I will wait to hear what he has today. I have been buying and selling these boards for years and Ive never had someone say they werent legit. So im not sure why your information is saying they are."

You keep telling me you've never heard anything about these boards not being original, yet there a quite a few people on the neo geo forums who claim to have gone through this same situation with you, starting from last year. I find it a massive coincidence that they would make up this bizarre story, then I would live it out.

You are not being honest when you say no one has brought this up before. They have.

Now I've brought it up, and you still haven't changed the listings.

- afs189

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll keep you posted.

afs189

n00b
And he replies:

Dear afs189,

I'm not going to change my listing because of one person is claiming my boards are false. I've sold 10,000 these boards and two people have said they are fake. 2. Out of 10,000.

You have not given me any reasons why the board is fake other than your word.

Are the other 10,000 people wrong or are you wrong.

You have insulted me by calling me a liar and a fraud

At this point I will respectfully refuse you the right to continue name-calling. Send back the board and I will refund your money minus shipping. do not try to buy anything from me again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm less concerned about the money now. I'm just pissed off that he can continue screwing people.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wow, glad you called him out like you did. I was far less 'forward' in my correspondence. Make sure you raise a full dispute with Paypal and get that $40 he agreed to.

I settled on $20 if I remember correctly.

Seriously, this just goes to show what kind of character he is.