japandealer aka Steve aka stv

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Damn crank, you are a little late to the party huh?

I could have used one of those 001 looms as well :mad:

yeah my plan was to bring some 50$ shipped ( or whatever break even price ) 001 looms for ng members... but i got rooked.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Keep spreading the good word, cc! :buttrock:
r1Pq2jK.jpg

Nice bald spot.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
He's sold over $4000 worth of games on ebay since xmas alone, I don't think we are making much of a dent in his racket.

It wouldn't take much to fuck up his ebay account. Use alt accounts to buy his stuff, claim it doesn't work and hammer his feedback and DSR's. Not sure any of us would sink to that level though. Well, I might.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
He's universally hated across all games forums. Not an easy thing to achieve :lolz:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I must have been browsing forums blind as I never knew of any problems with the guy... he was very active on the ArcadeOtaku forum and I always thought he was ok.

As for proxying for YHJ... I have been using Paul at Gamengai for a while now and I cannot fault the service, price and most of all his helpfullness. Paul is a top guy.

I must have been browsing forums blind as I never knew of any problems with the guy... he was very active on the ArcadeOtaku forum and I always thought he was ok.

As for proxying for YHJ... I have been using Paul at Gamengai for a while now and I cannot fault the service, price and most of all his helpfullness. Paul is a top guy.

Pretty sure STV was banned at AO, as well as Shmups.

Thumbs up for GP...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
GP is the man, STV is the whore.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
After reviewing his current stock and sold stock from ebay I've come to the conclusion he needs to be killed. I've seen his stock on his google site previously and that pissed he off...but I didn't know he's buying EVERYTHING now.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's hard to avoid STV when buying from YHJ, he auto bids on most interesting stuff in the last minutes, now he needs to make a profit so wont go too high but still its annoying when he is the only other bidder and driving up the price again and again .

I returned the favour a couple of times bidding against him on stuff I knew he would be interested in and cranking it up a couple of notches but it also bit me in the ass once when I won an art set useless to me :lolz:

I won a DOJ poster 2 weeks ago with added STV tax as usual .

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
He's got a game on ebay I want for exactly twice what I want to pay. I've never really had any interactions with him, just read a lot of stuff on shmups (and now here too).

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fucking arcadetower OF BABEL! I was browsing Japanese region kits on eBay and they were almost all HIS

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
He is a mega fagger. Even without looking at the username, I can always tell his auctions by the pictures alone. It has a "STV" look to it.

Last edited:

supergrafx77

War Room Troll
Pretty sure STV was banned at AO, as well as Shmups.

Thumbs up for GP...

I actually know a way to stop this fool or at least put a serious dent in his business, but it would have to have the support of the mods at AO, shmups and neo, to take this drastic measure:

Anyone, caught buying from STV from a date set forth, would be either temporarily banned or forever banned from the given forums. Although, this is pretty severe, to buy from this guy, it's destroying the market, both in the exports as well as internally in Japan as well. Sometimes drastic measures must be taken. This guy is a plague.

I'm sure this would work. What do you all think?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I actually know a way to stop this fool or at least put a serious dent in his business, but it would have to have the support of the mods at AO, shmups and neo, to take this drastic measure:

Anyone, caught buying from STV from a date set forth, would be either temporarily banned or forever banned from the given forums. Although, this is pretty severe, to buy from this guy, it's destroying the market, both in the exports as well as internally in Japan as well. Sometimes drastic measures must be taken. This guy is a plague.

I'm sure this would work. What do you all think?

It's totalitarian.. and I don't think it would work because it would require policing..

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
It wouldnt work for many reasons. Many collectors do not use those forums, and if it meant getting banned why would anyone publicly claim to have bought anything from STV?

supergrafx77

War Room Troll
I agree w/ LV that it is totalitarian and stating for the record, not my style, but @Shadows: although not a total effect, IMO, it would have an effect to some degree which would ultimately result in STV having less business, even if it was minimal. I guess what I'm saying is, I think most of us who are against buying from STV, may still be tempted here and there if a certain pcb can be gotten from STV but no where else. By putting forum laws in place, an embargo of sorts, may sway a few of us who know right and wrong already, to make the right choice, no matter the temptation. It would require policing which seems easy enough, at least with his ebay sales, putting 1+1 together in order to find out who the buyers are in relation to their ebay screen names. I think a lot of collectors still come here though as well the other sites mentioned, if not to participate in the forums, to still check up on possible deals or even worse, to flip finds.

Quick edit:
why would anyone publicly claim to have bought anything from STV?
we could have moles for this, people talk, some will get turned in, laws will be enforced, I know this sounds fucked up.

Another edit: Ironically, I'm totally against such practices. What I just stated sort of reminds me of the NSA...

Last edited:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I doubt it, Senator McCarthy.
Someone on the shmups forum posted it originally, I believe.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Point of interest - does STV have an account here?