japandealer aka Steve aka stv

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
so I've bought many things over the years from him, never had a problem. I even defended the guy....

but then this.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d150463221

I asked him to put a bid on all 7 units, there was 1 bid for 1 unit at the time. I never heard back from him. and then he won all 7 units under his 2nd username "nao****" ( his main account his "jas****" )

niiiiiice. then when I called him out on it, he INSTANTLY replied and said my bid was low already, even though there were 6 units left with no bids..

avoid this guy. avoid his web shop.

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
never used him before but i've heard good things. This makes me want to avoid dealing with him.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
What a douche move. And he'll probably upsell all those to you if you ever wanted to get one from him. Fuck this bitch

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Keep spreading the good word, cc! :buttrock:
r1Pq2jK.jpg

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
There have been horror stories like this regarding STV for a long time. I almost purchased from his site about a year ago--until I stumbled upon a thread on shmups with PAGES of stories much like your own.

His prices may SEEM good on the surface compared to what certain PCBs are going for stateside-- but trust me...go through another trusted proxy buyer. You'll save money and won't be funding the death of YAJ.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
or, y'all can just have windy gaming do it for you. :D

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Damn crank, you are a little late to the party huh?

I could have used one of those 001 looms as well :mad:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
An STD is the last thing the shmup community needs.

All he does is jack up the prices on their shit by bidding on everything.

Like cd said: only way to cure this disease is to exercise other options and buy elsewhere.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

That's the thing tho...Steve is a challenging character.

He wins the war of attrition almost every time...against ShoppingMallJapan, other proxies, and in-country forum members.

How the hell did I lose out on *six* different superguns, when my net was cast over four different proxy channels?

HE BOUGHT ALL OF THEM.

Many, at a rediculoid price. (Thru a shill account-no way he eats all of the winning bids that were cast). To what? Spite me and others that don't want to deal w/ him. So he can hoard them then? Hope they give him lead poisoning.

Peace.

Last edited:

Chempop

I'm considering making a kickstarter: SEND CHEMPOP TO JAPAN TO DEAL WITH STV :hammer:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
That's the thing tho...Steve is a challenging character.

He wins the war of attrition almost every time...against ShoppingMallJapan, other proxies, and in-country forum members.

How the hell did I lose out on *six* different superguns, when my net was cast over four different proxy channels?

HE BOUGHT ALL OF THEM.

Many, at a rediculoid price. (Thru a shill account-no way he eats all of the winning bids that were cast). To what? Spite me and others that don't want to deal w/ him. So he can hoard them then? Hope they give him lead poisoning.

Peace.

well then he can eat a dick.

what should be taken away is that once people stop buying from him altogether then he will fall away. he can win the 'war of attrition' in terms of scooping, but he will lose when all he does is buy and no one buys from him.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
This is the reason shmups forums has a stickied thread literally titled: PCBs from Japan - This time with no STV (or other drama)!

The issue is he has so many 2nd and 3rd and 4th accounts on yhj, ebay, forums - it's hard to track him. It's sad - there are plenty of folks more than willing to let a guy make a living being a proxy; this guy is not interested in community or friendships - you need to go in knowing that.

Chempop

He's sold over $4000 worth of games on ebay since xmas alone, I don't think we are making much of a dent in his racket.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
And his ebay name arcadetower

I just clicked on an ebay listing thinking, "Damn, that ain't a bad price.......but that name seems familiar......."

lo and behold.

for fuck's sake.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
I just clicked on an ebay listing thinking, "Damn, that ain't a bad price.......but that name seems familiar......."

lo and behold.

for fuck's sake.

Thats what I thought too. I almost dropped a few hundreds on that sleazeball until I clicked on the link at the bottom of the auction.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Also even on YAJ only newbies bid on his auctions. Most the the regular JP buyers stay away.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Also even on YAJ only newbies bid on his auctions. Most the the regular JP buyers stay away.

fox, pls go back to Japan. I've always preferred giving you my money anyway :D