FS/FT: Custom Built Consolized Gameboy Advance (AKA the GBTV or CGBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
owwww.... what a let down. Now how am I to believe that 'consolized NGPC' is even real? You could've connected your PC to the TV and run an emulator (or photoshopped)... a "case" like that is done up in a few minutes (and should go in here, btw.).

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That's what ngpc games look like on my TV...when my xbox is pumping them out.

Hmmmm...

Cross

n00b
So in order to appease everyone I photoshopped my screen. After that I cut up one of the cases I had made in order to fake a photo. Which now renders the case useless because I can't do this mod. Yes, yes that is exactly it. I went through all that trouble and monetary loss to be cool on an online forum

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
what we're trying to say is we don't like being jerked around. Yes, we come on strong, but with price changes, promises that a mod has been done before then posting on other forums that you need to research it.. all this creates doubt.

the pics were a good step in the right direction though.

Cross

n00b
what we're trying to say is we don't like being jerked around. Yes, we come on strong, but with price changes, promises that a mod has been done before then posting on other forums that you need to research it.. all this creates doubt.

the pics were a good step in the right direction though.

See this I appreciate. A calm discussion, if people wanted to discuss it in this manner I would be more than happy to chat

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
See this I appreciate. A calm discussion, if people wanted to discuss it in this manner I would be more than happy to chat

where are the internal pics and youtube video?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yeah. I just want to see this happen. Put up a vid or some documentation on how you actually pulled the video out of the NGPC and we're good.

//EDIT: broken beat me to it.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

Ok. Explain what you did to convert the video. Put it in layman's terms for the non-engineers.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Right now I'm 50/50 with you atm but since you're new to ng.com I'll explain it simple. This site has a very brutal history of dealing with people who have either ripped off, lied or tried to pull some sneaky shit with this hobby. It's turned a lot of us into doubting old farts if something so much as comes off wrong in the slightest. If you're telling the truth then I welcome the ideas you might have but, if you're even thinking of trying to bullshit people then be warned that this site isn't a bunch of yahoo/AoL teens who think anything and everything is possible in this world.

Be honest, be straight, Don't try and fluff your shit and don't sure as hell try and rip anyone off because you will be found out if you do.

Welcome to Ng.com.~

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Another thing thats confusing.. Why use a female DB15 on it? I assume the customer, or anyone for that matter, would use a regular Neo pad or joystick to play. And Neo sticks have a female connector...

attachment.php

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
NeoGeo Pocket Emulator

edit: next time turn off those 2x graphics filters before you try take screenshots

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Cross:

Serious question? When was the consolized NGPC unit built/shipped to the customer?

Has it been 2 or 3 years now? Cause it looks like your rough cuts on the case for ports and switches have improved since then.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
LOL Rare Gameboy Dev Kit, huh pal? Weird - Nintendo never made shitboxes that look like your work. Looks like you've sold at least 2 of them for a net of $1400 - HOLY SHIT dude, how does fucking people in the ass that hard feel?

Screen shot 2013-12-27 at 6.48.46 PM.png

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
For all the haters, here are the photos I dug out of my email. Guess its impossible to have a bad email search system?

View attachment 9631View attachment 9632
View attachment 9635View attachment 9636
View attachment 9637

Yes it looks a little odd, I always build it how the customer asks

Hey, I can play this game too.

fflN1vb.jpg

This.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Bwahahaha.....

Ok, I've seen enough.

TO THE HYPHEN!

Tacitus

Staff member
The 2nd mission title screen is utterly damning.

It doesn't look that clear on the NGPC natively, it is obviously filtered and emulated.

I love this place.

Tacitus

Staff member
BTW, his 'case' is actually an old external HD case for larger footprint disks.

Im trying to find the exact one online.

The PSU would be in the right neighborhood to drive the internals, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.