FS/FT: Custom Built Consolized Gameboy Advance (AKA the GBTV or CGBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If you can do this with the NGPC, I think you'll have a market.
Sorry about all the thread highjacking... but yeah!
How do you go about getting the video out of the NGPC? Never figured that part out...

Cross

n00b
Sorry about all the thread highjacking... but yeah!
How do you go about getting the video out of the NGPC? Never figured that part out...

It's long, it's complicated and intricate. It's also been quite some time since I made and sold the one I made, so I have to relearn it first to tell you!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Someone made one and sold it on YahooJP, I think it went for like $400.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I'm surprised they didn't get more. I see CMVS consoles sell for
$700 and they can be easily made at home

$700?! I think I put maybe $300 total into mine. Problem is its worth more to me then what i put into it

Cross

n00b
$700?! I think I put maybe $300 total into mine. Problem is its worth more to me then what i put into it

Haha yep, when I saw them being sold at that price I decided to build my own. Finished mine last night actually

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey remember when I signed up for this place like a week ago and said I had a consolized GBA and was trying to convince the guy who built it to build a consolized NGPC for me?

Hi Cross :D

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh PS: $316 is a completely fine price point and I would be in no question at that level. Email me so I don't keep thread hijacking :D

Cross

n00b
I'll get a move on those NGPTV photos. I have to go through emails through the horrible Go Daddy server email so it will take a little while.

But, uh, anyone want to buy this?

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
By 100% emulation, do you mean this works with GBA flash carts? I know my flash cart will not work with the Game Boy Player for the GC.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'll get a move on those NGPTV photos. I have to go through emails through the horrible Go Daddy server email so it will take a little while.

But, uh, anyone want to buy this?

Can you tell us what method you used to convert the video? This kind of project is not as easy as soldering a GBA TV board to a RGB converter.

When you get those pictures, lets start a thread in Tech Support to discuss the project.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This would be far nicer if it had a standard SNES controller port on the front and the case didn't look like a mid 80's car amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.