Newbie Here From Cali!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Hello, I'm from Modesto, California. I made this account a while back but never got around to using it. The 667 is no reference to THAT. Hopefully I can learn the ropes around here. I'm really interested in purchasing a Neo Geo, so I hope to own a Neo cab soon! I'm somewhat of a collector of sorts. I'm just some young adult wanting to actually bring a Neo Geo into my home. I do collect retro games, but I still have yet to venture into SNK territory when it comes to the systems. I'm hoping to be a welcome part in these forums! (though I may not have made a good first impression..)

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Shouldn't an introductory thread at least say something about yourself? All I get from this is that you are a noob from the US that made an account some time ago and has "a large sum of cash"... (btw. this reads like "I'm easy scam bait you guys!").

and what is that # supposed to mean then? Neighbor of the beast or 667 Dark Avenue? WTF?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
People from California, don't say they are from Cali. LL Cool J, tourist, and farmers are the only ones who say that.

Proceed w/ caution.

The neighbor of the Beast is here, has monies, and and has finally activated his one-man sleeper cell.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I have NOT made myself look very good so far... lovely...

Shouldn't an introductory thread at least say something about yourself? All I get from this is that you are a noob from the US that made an account some time ago and has "a large sum of cash"... (btw. this reads like "I'm easy scam bait you guys!").

and what is that # supposed to mean then? Neighbor of the beast or 667 Dark Avenue? WTF?

I fixed the "large sum of cash" thing... Though thanks for letting me know ^^; The number was some random thing and it kinda stuck, even though it gets questioned. A lot.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Go easy on him. Modesto is a fucking shithole. Pity is in order.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Go easy on him. Modesto is a fucking shithole. Pity is in order.

I cannot agree with you more. I'd like to get the hell out of this city.. :oh_no:
Anyway, I have a question while I'm here. I'm looking at possibly purchasing this cab. Is it worth the price? Here's the link: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/clt/4222027007.html
I replied to his post on Craigslist. I hope I can pick this up. I'd rather take a candy cab, but at this point this looks like a good option.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
That CL ad was posted a month ago. If he still has it, I'd certainly try to talk him down. Considering the games that it comes with, $690 certainly isn't a rip-off, but it isn't a sweet scoop, either.

I grew up in Fresno, which is just a larger version of the same kind of shithole. Do as I did, my friend. GET OUT!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
That CL ad was posted a month ago. If he still has it, I'd certainly try to talk him down. Considering the games that it comes with, $690 certainly isn't a rip-off, but it isn't a sweet scoop, either.

I grew up in Fresno, which is just a larger version of the same kind of shithole. Do as I did, my friend. GET OUT!

The guy just sold it tonight. :( Bummer. However, I found an ad with a bunch of Neo Geos and CPS2 machines in Watsonville at the Discount Mall. My buddies and I are thinking of taking a trip there tomorrow. They have at least two 25" Neos for $390 and one 19" for $290. If the latter is a dedicated, I might be looking at a gold cab.

Welcome dude :)

Thanks man!

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Like I said, it wasn't exactly a great deal, so I wouldn't get too bummed about it.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hey noob. Good luck getting a cabinet. Its worth it to be picky, the things are huge. Bay area craigslist seems to have dried up a bit.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It's tomorrow here. Where are the pics?

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Dammit. I knew I was forgetting something... photo 1.JPG Here are the games I got with the cab, however. Blazing Star and KOF '96 were thrown in by the guy as a bonus. I managed to talk the guy down from 500 to 450... It seems as though the sound doesn't really work. Now here's the cab itself. photo (12).JPG I'm gonna buy some sticks and buttons later, but for now, I have locks to replace... Also the monitor seems to have a red tint, but I can fiddle with the settings. The cab's been in my garage for the past day or two...My house is a mess lol. It's a bit scuffed up in places, but I bought some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I swear, those things worked like...magic. :lolz:

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Welcome. Glad to hear you got a cab, looks like it needs some TLC but with the right amount of time and effort it would look sweet. Keep us posted!