Newbie Here From Cali!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Congrats. Way to dive on in. Now take that shit apart and fix it up :D

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I took some time to wash off the years of dirt and grime off the sides today. Though I did get a few looks from people passing by. Probably the fact that I'm in my pajamas scrubbing off an arcade cabinet in my cluttered garage. :lolz: The joysticks and buttons work, according to the test menu, so that's good, but I plan to get maybe some IL sticks and buttons. I plan to do some restoring, but I'd like to get it out of the garage. By the way, how do I unlatch the control panel? I didn't get to see it since the guy at the laundromat got the carts out by unscrewing the back panel.

Last edited:

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
By the way, how do I unlatch the control panel?

Welcome to the forum!

You reach up from inside the coin door to unlatch the left and right latches on the back of the control panel. I leave mine unlatched as I like to swap games/systems often.

Hit up the tech support thread to get some help with the screen tint issue and sound issues. I do suggest reading a few of the existing post to get an understanding of what info you should provide if you end up asking for help there. Also, check out YouTube, there are lots of how too videos for common arcade repairs.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
neo cab.jpg
Finally got her in the house! Boy was it hell to do it too...

Welcome to the forum!

You reach up from inside the coin door to unlatch the left and right latches on the back of the control panel. I leave mine unlatched as I like to swap games/systems often.

Hit up the tech support thread to get some help with the screen tint issue and sound issues. I do suggest reading a few of the existing post to get an understanding of what info you should provide if you end up asking for help there. Also, check out YouTube, there are lots of how too videos for common arcade repairs.

I did manage to get it to where it's half-ass decent with the colors. I had someone adjust it while I observed the front. I figured out a couple days ago how to open it up, thanks to the web but I haven't posted in a while. :D The sound appears to work, though there's a few things I need to fix with that. I'm fine with how it is right now. I wish there was an easier way to get to the dip switches, cause using the service credit button SUCKS. :oh_no:

Thinking of trading in my Baseball Stars Professional and Soccer Brawl in. I'm not all that big on sports games (however I love League Bowling). Looking for possibly Waku Waku 7 and definitely the Metal Slug games. I'm guessing I ought to stick around the trading post on the forums. I'm a bit leery about price gougers and bootlegs on ebay...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You can't get rid of Baseball Stars Pro! That game is awesome!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
You can't get rid of Baseball Stars Pro! That game is awesome!

I suppose I ought to hold on to it. I might warm up to it. Though I think I might only save that for 2 player experiences. I heard the game is insanely hard on your own.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Man, I played King of the Monsters 2 the other day. I thought I sucked really bad at it, but upon reading reviews, I see it's VERY absurdly difficult. Constant cheap deaths abound in this! I can tell this was designed to be a quarter-eater from the ground up. :lolz: Would anyone recommend some decent priced games to begin with?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Would anyone recommend some decent priced games to begin with?
I'd say check out Samurai Shodown I+II, early King Of Fighters ('94-'96), Fatal Fury Special, Nam-1975.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'd say check out Samurai Shodown I+II, early King Of Fighters ('94-'96), Fatal Fury Special, Nam-1975.

Oh man, I haven't been on here in a while... But thanks! I'm torn between new MVS games and parts for my '68 Chevy =_= Maybe when I get a decent job I can afford more. XD

Eleanor

Banned
The concert that they offer here is so good. So much good that they offer from it all here. So much great music that they offered for the people here. So glad that they did it.