New PS3 Shmups in spring 2014

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Oh yes! Raiden IV:OK... that'll do nicely.

Of course, RFA's would be nice also but still very happy to hear about Raiden IV...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Too bad Raiden IV is digital copy.........sigh
Yeah, I know. But at this point, having no 360 to speak of (only PS3) and living in the UK, I'll still take a digital copy at a fair price.

Literally, something is better than nothing...

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Both are worth getting for those who don't have them yet. Caladrius was much better than I was expecting. I would rebuy this version if it has everything unlockable in-game, instead of the gobs of dlc. Raiden IV is much better than III was.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Hopefully Caladrius will be a region free disc and Raiden IV comes to the US PSN......

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Just read this news when it popped up on Joystiq this is great news on the Caladrius front. The PS3 has been import heaven for the past year.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Just read this news when it popped up on Joystiq this is great news on the Caladrius front. The PS3 has been import heaven for the past year.

I'm out of the loop... other than Ketsui, what else would be good to pick up?

Phyeir

Not in the shmup sense, just for me, ps3 been import heavy for me. Project diva, oneechanbara, few others. Been wanting this game and almost finally dropped on an import x360 just to get all the cave games too, but this helps to make that a hit less necessary.

Phyeir

This may have been covered other places, but why did Cave stick so heavily to 360 in JP for publishing, just seems weird seeing how unpopular Xbox is over there.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This may have been covered other places, but why did Cave stick so heavily to 360 in JP for publishing, just seems weird seeing how unpopular Xbox is over there.

Microsoft paid big money to get exclusives.

Phyeir

Figured as much is the case, thanks, even if you are some damn Chinese kid.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante

Call me crazy but I have not done this because murphys law states that shortly after dropping at least half a g on this they would throw all those games up on the PSN for 15.99/ea. I might be dreaming but things like this have happened before...

Phyeir

Call me crazy but I have not done this because murphys law states that shortly after dropping at least half a g on this they would throw all those games up on the PSN for 15.99/ea. I might be dreaming but things like this have happened before...

That does happen, also depends on your views on owning physical vs digital titles.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
That does happen, also depends on your views on owning physical vs digital titles.

Very true indeed. I would definitely rather actually own the game rather than license the use of a digital installation. Still you never know, whatever agreement is in place with M$ could expire one day, and if is feasible for them to do ports to disc they may try and milk the franchises a little...

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Woah what's with all the PS3 shoot'em up love lately !? I take it at this point sony doesn't mind so third parties are free to release them now.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Woah what's with all the PS3 shoot'em up love lately !? I take it at this point sony doesn't mind so third parties are free to release them now.
I think it's a combination of the bottom finally dropping out of the Japanese 360 market and Sony relaxing their PS3 content guidelines towards the end of its life.

We are still getting Ge-Sen Love on the 360 in March (confirmed region free).

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sign me up for Caladrius. My copy of Mamoru-kun is getting lonely.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm

Some say that Sony was opposed to retail releases of non-widescreen low rez arcade ports. Granted, you can play vertical shmups on a horizontal 16:9 screen with over half the screen as wallpaper, and yeah most of the cave ports have HD upgrades but not all.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
shoot hum ups!

But imagine if we lived in a bizarre alternate universe where shooting games were so mainstream in the US that they'd have licensed music in the OSTs?

I guess it would suck.

EDIT: It happened and it did suck (Biometal). I guess I blocked that from my memory because Japan Biometal's OST is one of my SFC all time favorites.
Criminal.

Last edited: