Who is the best manager in the PL right now?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Rodgers
Martinez
Pelligrini
Wenger
Mourinho

Personally, I think it could be Rodgers, followed by Pelligrini.

Rodgers has galvanized a Liverpool that was pegged for mid table and made them look like title challengers for the first time since Rafa had hair.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
For the budget Martinez is on at Everton he gets my vote, I just wonder how well he will do once Lukaku and Barrys loan spells end at the club?

Doing a better job already than David Moyes did anyway at Everton and basically he is a poor manager with poor transfer signings, Fellaini for £24m was a poor signing by him.

Last edited:

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Id have to go with Rodgers, he made the right moves in letting Carrol, Downing and Shelvy go and recruited well

Im becoming a believer also they they could be a serious top 4 threat

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
For the budget Martinez is on at Everton he gets my vote, I just wonder how well he will do once Lukaku and Barrys loan spells end at the club?

Doing a better job already than David Moyes did anyway at Everton and basically he is a poor manager with poor transfer signings, Fellaini for £24m was a poor signing by him.

Yeah I know what you mean. Lukaku is huge. Barry is playing really well there too. Without them, all they have is a left back and a goalkeeper.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Vote for the best manger 2016 in all leagues.
My vote Claudio Ranieri.....

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Wenger for me, because he gives the AFC his all while still dealing with biweekly implosions, protests and much more.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Has to be the tinkerman himself for 2016 - Mr Ranieri. Hats off to him and what his team has achieved this year. Now if only Man Utd could make the champions league qual position my season would be complete :)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
well i suppose when they start winning he have lot to say as usual.
anybody watch the liverpool game

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Claudio Ranieri, named as the World Manager of the Year. Did he deserve it or should Zinedine Zidane won it for his effort on claiming the Champion league title.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Claudio Ranieri, named as the World Manager of the Year. Did he deserve it or should Zinedine Zidane won it for his effort on claiming the Champion league title.

Ranieri hands down. Zidane doesn't do shit. The last two brain cells he had were destroyed after an Italian accused his mom and sister of being whores.

Right now it's Pochetino or Conte.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Right now for me Conte is straight up... in the future maybe Karanka will take the leader

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Jose Mourinho lost some of his aura?in the PL

Lost his aura is an understatement. This is a man who has won multiple champions league medals, and topped leagues all over Europe. I think it's time now he packed it in. He's gone downhill fast. Players don't seem to trust him, and he's become inconsistent. That's not to say United isn't winning games. But he steered Chelsea into a melt down last season. And United have had a few hidings of their own. Plus a real drop in quality on their European nights. I think maybe Jose needs a year off.

Best manager this year so far though. It's a tough call. Conte has been good, but one could argue that being out of Europe has helped Chelsea immensely. Raneieri has really shown what a flash in the pan Leicester was last year. Klopp, he's really taking on all comers and doing it well. Arsene is as usual; 4th or bust, don't play to win, play not to lose shit. Guardiola i dont think knew what he was getting into. This isn't Spain where you have shitty teams to destroy with the worlds best front line every weekend.

Pochettino though, he looks impressive. Making all of his players a threat, getting everyone to try for goal. This is a guy who clearly studies film after film, and is really working on a game plan. Honestly: as much as I hate Spurs, I think Mauricio is doing one hell of a job keeping them going. By now they'd have normally sold their best players, bought some shit fuck boys, and called it "reconstruction" but it really seems like they're holding their own and definite title challengers. They're going to win the league soon. Maybe this year, maybe next, but that work is going to pay off.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The silly thing is while their teams are winning... the Press call them GREAT MANAGERS...

As soon as a bad run of form hits... expect any of the PL managers to come under pressure...

It's such a high pressured job now... I'd be surprised if they reach retirement age...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's worse in Spain. Madrid lose one game after 40 unbeaten, and the press complains that the goalkeeper isn't good enough.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's worse in Spain. Madrid lose one game after 40 unbeaten, and the press complains that the goalkeeper isn't good enough.

Man... Barcelona and Real Madrid have such high standards... it's almost impossible to keep your job...

Win the League fine... lose in the Champions league... you're out...

It's silly... also look at the players... don't perform... you're out... don't suit the image of the club... you're out...

Evade Taxes... No problems:D

xROTx

Naika

Street Hoop Star
No Pochettino? No Klopp? Then I'd go with Wenger... the most stable, even in regards to his flaws. Supports British players & brings the pound sterling home. Every club's dream.

Agree completely. The only one left who knows his hands ain't clean, but still keeps on ticking, still performs and still gives the Prem magical football. Only manager who can redeem the financial juggernaut of the Prem.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No Pochettino? No Klopp? Then I'd go with Wenger... the most stable, even in regards to his flaws. Supports British players & brings the pound sterling home. Every club's dream.

That post was from 2013 man.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
That post was from 2013 man.

Maybe one of you mod folks can update this sub forum a bit. When you look at it from unrelated it says stuff like "discuss euro 2008" among other things. Not much to discuss there. Spain killed it, David villa was on fire, and its 8 years gone now.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Agree completely. The only one left who knows his hands ain't clean, but still keeps on ticking, still performs and still gives the Prem magical football. Only manager who can redeem the financial juggernaut of the Prem.

d'oh