NeoGeo games on Vita

deckardbr

n00b
I'm curious if anyone has checked out how amazing neo geo games look on the Vita's OLED screen. You can buy a few like Magician Lord on the PSN store or if you have one of the homebrew exploits that allow you to use PSP emulators you can use one of those (as long as you own the actual carts right?). For more information on getting emulators to run on vita you can go to wololo.net theres a new one coming up I think (sony updates their firmware often to prevent you running the emulator).

If you got burned on the NeoGeoX I highly recommend it.

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
I have the Samurai Shodown Anthology on it, looks good. Hopefully I can get the Metal slug anthology soon..

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Can anyone who enjoys a dpad for their SNK antics confirm whether the Dpad is good for the job? 96 onward Kyo is always my defacto test to determine such important matters (QCF+C, HCB+C, F+C, [DP+C])

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Can anyone who enjoys a dpad for their SNK antics confirm whether the Dpad is good for the job? 96 onward Kyo is always my defacto test to determine such important matters (QCF+C, HCB+C, F+C, [DP+C])

The D-Pad is a dream compared to the one on the PSP. I've done some heavy playing with it and don't get fatigued as easily.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I say it is. Better then the PSP version for sure

The D-Pad is a dream compared to the one on the PSP. I've done some heavy playing with it and don't get fatigued as easily.

Good to hear. I have Vita owning friends who were genuinely disappointed when Sony dropped the (rough) Vita-like Dpad concept for the new DS4 controller...

346291.jpg

...sounds like they might have had reason to be.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The d-pad on the Vita is excellent. It's the only control on the device that's any good; the face buttons are too small, the shoulder buttons are squishy, and the analog sticks are too short/convex/placed too close to the d-pad down and X button.

They nailed the d-pad, though. By far the best d-pad ever put on a Sony device.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I agree with the D-PAd comment and guess who stepped it up a bit further? God Damn MNicrosoft on the XBOX One, that D-Pad is amazing! Greatest D-PAd ever!

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I'd buy a Dualshock 4 to use as a PC pad if there weren't reports of crippling input lag. The controls are that good.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I just bought this for the Vita. $14.99 at Gameslop. Makes playing fighting games A LOT more comfortable...

1585852_20130303013157.jpg

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'll agree that the Vita has an excellent d-pad. It's sort of clicky, which is usually what you want for accuracy.