What's a good electronics/circuitry book?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm looking to build my first supergun. bit before diving in I would like some basic knowledge on circuits, grounding, wiring switches etc.. is there a standard book that I can pick up? there's so many on amazon and I'm uncertain which is a good one. Even a good website would suffice.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Awesome thank you all so much! I don't want to jump into this blind. I'm looking up parts now. Got my bob roberts harness, and casing. Now I just need the video encoder, PSU, stuff fro my audio attenuation switch, and some odds and ends.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Way to go about the smart way holmes, it can be very fulfilling building/repairing your own stuff.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
perfect timing. I was looking for something like this for a friend. Some of the stuff Tyranix posted looks quite interesting, might read through that over Christmas - thanks! ;)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Dean's Electronics?

Seriously though...I have a ton...want to buy some? I went through an electrical apprenticeship and have a serious amount of electronics books and now teach the class...DC theory is a good place to start.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
You can become totally self taught if you are truly interested in electronics but only if you are willing to learn. I would also suggest you play around with arduino and learn how to use a DSO.