Anyone know about fixing nanao monitors?

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Been helping out a bit at the Heart of Gaming arcade in london and we've got a few nanao ms9 monitors that need fixing. Before sending them all off and paying tons to fix them, we were hoping there were a few things that we could try first. Sooo, basically the two that i've been told about both seem to have the same problem, in that they're shutting down or not powering on all the time. One of them has just had a new cap kit, but still isn't powering on. everything i've been able to find out so far, seems to point at the automatic shut down circuit tripping off, possibly because the B+ voltage is too high. So my question is, how do I test this. Can't remember the full id of the chassis, but think they're all ms9-29 something. I was hoping someone could tell me where exactly to put the test probes and what voltage to look for, since this is the information I haven't been able to find. Many thanks to anyone who can answer this, and if there's any other relatively easy things to check, I'd be very grateful for a heads up. Thanks

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
It doesn't seem like there's much documentation or scans of stuff for those, I did a quick search and no one seems to work on them. I'd second the recommendation to go to Otaku. Good luck.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Ta again, i've posted a message over there, will just have to wait a bit I recon, as everyone's probably pretty busy this time of year.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
he's got a repair website too , can't recall the url though..