Clean Mod Work Thread!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
foto0147.jpg

Cell phone camera doesn't make justice.

Anyway... as I told before, the hard part is the handy work.
Everyone knows a Supergun is an encased PSU with A/V and controller ports.
Still have to get more braces to get it all tidier. I ran ran short of 'em.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
+1 contribution.

I've already opened a thread for this, but it fits better in here!

Dreamcast stick to AES/Supergun/Atomiswave with full DC compatibility intact.

View attachment 22531

View attachment 22532

View attachment 22533

View attachment 22534

And I also built this little adapter to be able to use multiple layouts.

View attachment 22494

Main layout is like the AES stick, with the bottom right button as NG Select / AW 5th button.

With the adapter, it turns into a regular Capcom 3 Punch on top + 3 kicks on the bottom. No coin button for Capcom layout tho.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
In addition to RGB/S-Video modding an NES for DonBurgundy I also installed a d nail vaporizer in it.

ABD7D323-7DA6-49C2-92FF-EADBEABE3704_zpszudkbepj.jpg

C33646B9-565B-4045-BCE3-0E38EA92117F_zpsm9hlu1fd.jpg

F4D5DACC-6E8A-4070-8C90-5873E53404B7_zpsbru6crb2.jpg

that case work...
AD71E47E-E1FC-42CD-B573-89BCBB0B7216_zpsp1hzdjlf.jpg

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
In addition to RGB/S-Video modding an NES for DonBurgundy I also installed a d nail vaporizer in it.

ABD7D323-7DA6-49C2-92FF-EADBEABE3704_zpszudkbepj.jpg

C33646B9-565B-4045-BCE3-0E38EA92117F_zpsm9hlu1fd.jpg

F4D5DACC-6E8A-4070-8C90-5873E53404B7_zpsbru6crb2.jpg

that case work...
AD71E47E-E1FC-42CD-B573-89BCBB0B7216_zpsp1hzdjlf.jpg

I.... CAN'T... WAIT........:tickled:

daff.gif

Matter of fact... I'm not worthy....

we_re_not_worthy_waynes_world_o.gif

Fuck Christoph :-J Kiel's out here running the NESRGB market now :mr_t:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
As a responsible modder it's your duty to test all modwork for full functionality.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Btw, a genesis scart cable has caps in it, they'll throw the brightness of your Turbo off if they aren't removed.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Btw, a genesis scart cable has caps in it, they'll throw the brightness of your Turbo off if they aren't removed.
It's not necessarily the caps inside the cable, it's the resistors inside that will. Broken's RGB amp has 75 ohm resistors on the outputs, and combined with the 75 ohm resistors inside the Genesis cable, you'll get dimmer video.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
aaaaah, that explains things... i had to jack the gamma on the xrgb way up.

thanks guys. I'll just pick up another genny2 cable and remove the resistors

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's not necessarily the caps inside the cable, it's the resistors inside that will. Broken's RGB amp has 75 ohm resistors on the outputs, and combined with the 75 ohm resistors inside the Genesis cable, you'll get dimmer video.
D'oh, that's what I meant.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
so I took out the resistors and caps out. it's pretty bright now, but it started skips frames... until I set the xrgb back to auto sync... odd :/

Last edited:

Voultar

I give zero fucks about my customers
so I took out the resistors and caps out. it's pretty bright now, but it started skips frames... until I set the xrgb back to auto sync... odd :/

Since you're using a Turbo Grafx and have the room on the mini-din, you should tap Y off of the 6260 and use it as your sync source. It's much cleaner, and will typically get along much better with the Framemeister.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
GBA (agb-001) Backlight mod #1 complete! Installed the Deluxe Rainbow "luxury" ribbon cable, the one that allows you to adjust the brightness through 5-levels by holding Select and Pressing the L button.

9UlME5w.jpg

Still working on #2.

72kCNWw.jpg

The most time was spent cutting out the plastic tabs on the inside so the backlight lcd would fit.
SnwWGXc.jpg

PVBXLQI.jpg

This was a pretty easy mod to do, just 3 wires to solder.
F72uA0A.jpg

Now I need to get my hands on a couple of those glass lens covers since mine are a bit scratched up.

Thanks goes out to MuppeT for selling me the donor screens! :multi_co:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
GBA SP's (ags-101). I got a couple broken SP's that I pulled them from.

Spoiler:
2J3p4cT.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sexy. I've been wanting to do this, but lack of parts.

Genki

n00b
I have done many mods such as Atari Lynx 5v mod, SNES jr S-Video support and power LED, PSOne modchip, 2600 S-Video and composite, etc.

but this is the only one I did with photo and details

Duo-R (and all Duo) has only 1 LED for drive activity. I wanted power on LED and I wanted it separate from the existing red LED so I don't get purple glow. Mounting the second LED would have worked but I wanted to leave the exterior looking stock so I had to figure a way to make blue LED come on only when red LED is not on. Simple schematic I found worked:

H2savZm.png

I wired it dead bug style. With total of 4 parts, it wasn't worth wasting pcb. I mounted the LED on top of the transistor so the blue LED would sit about the same height as the red LED. Conveniently the collector and emitter leads of 2n3904 are spaced the same as LED leads so nothing special there.

Kyfp2jd.jpg

Here's a video of it in work:
https://youtu.be/v7awBIm9M3g

When I did the LED mod, I also swapped the stock 5 pin video connector with an 8 pin one so I can add RGB support later. Just need RGB amp, and to build custom cable with sync stripper so it works on Commodore 1084 monitor. (it expects separate sync and likely won't work with straight composite video as composite sync)

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have done many mods such as Atari Lynx 5v mod, SNES jr S-Video support and power LED, PSOne modchip, 2600 S-Video and composite, etc.

but this is the only one I did with photo and details

Duo-R (and all Duo) has only 1 LED for drive activity. I wanted power on LED and I wanted it separate from the existing red LED so I don't get purple glow. Mounting the second LED would have worked but I wanted to leave the exterior looking stock so I had to figure a way to make blue LED come on only when red LED is not on. Simple schematic I found worked:

H2savZm.png

I wired it dead bug style. With total of 4 parts, it wasn't worth wasting pcb. I mounted the LED on top of the transistor so the blue LED would sit about the same height as the red LED. Conveniently the collector and emitter leads of 2n3904 are spaced the same as LED leads so nothing special there.

Kyfp2jd.jpg

Here's a video of it in work:
https://youtu.be/v7awBIm9M3g

When I did the LED mod, I also swapped the stock 5 pin video connector with an 8 pin one so I can add RGB support later. Just need RGB amp, and to build custom cable with sync stripper so it works on Commodore 1084 monitor. (it expects separate sync and likely won't work with straight composite video as composite sync)

Nice. For me I think I'd prefer a pulsing led of the same color when it's showing activity.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Just got done doing this SNES arcade stick NOT clean but it works and this is the first padhack ive ever done.