3 Count Bout how do you rate this one?

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hello Folks

Ive been playing 3 count on my AES for the last few days, Im pretty rubbish at it. I cant seem to get in to it at all.
Im fairly good at fighting games, but with 3 count it just seems like button mashing.

Is this just a really poor game, or does it have steep learning curve

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It would be great to have a good wrestling game on the Neo, but we are stuck with this. Shit game, shit controls, shit game mechanics.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
playing against the com is boring but if you play against friends, especially those who arent good at fighting games it can be a lot of fun.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
One of the worst titles on the Neo and it get's difficult very quickly in the single player game.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I rank it above Legend of Success Joe but below Power Spikes II

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Great graphics and presenation but unfortunately it's awful to play. Maybe it's fun in 2 player, anyone tried it?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
My boys (6 and 8) enjoy it, perfect for that crowd. It isn't going to inspire you to try and 1CC, there's just nothing appealing in that regard, but for a game to mash and have a non-traditional fighter, it's perfect. For $15, def. worth it.

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
It get's on my tits... third fight in and the guy stomps all over me every time.
Fun 2p game, shite 1p. But for teh price can't argue.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Good to know its not me then LOL :) Well I didn't pay much for it luckily. Yeah graphically looks decent to me but the controls are so bad. I'll give it a bash in 2P mode though.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
For the price it costs, I don't see the why there's such a locomotion!

The only complain I have for that game, is that the sticks are pretty much graveyard-ready
after a few matches.
Either you get a modded buttons stick or a turbo ( Hori like ) one.
I have a brand new Neo Geo stick I never used because when I restarted collecting for the Neo Geo,
3 Count Bout was my first game... It still remains untouched to this day!

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
It get's on my tits... third fight in and the guy stomps all over me every time.
Fun 2p game, shite 1p. But for teh price can't argue.

I recently got the game too, and the same thing happens to me too! Red Dragon spams his poison mist move constantly, and runs circles around your character. It's sickening that the difficulty is so sudden.

Just curious with the game: is anyone playing it on the normal difficulty?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Great graphics and presenation

That's how I got suckered into it. I looked at the back of the box and thought I was going to get something along the lines of "Saturday Night Slam Masters". I was sorely disappointed.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
My 3 Count Bout was a Yaton cart that had about a pound of clay, gravel, and other shit in there. Spent hours cleaning it and looking forward to finally playing it. Should have just left it caked in dirt.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Yeah same thing here got to 3rd match against red dragon even on easy I cant beat him or be arsed to anymore, maybe this game is bearable in to 2P mode but as single player game this sucks. The game mechanics are poor.
The best thing about this is the shiny box it came in :)

valgalder

Kula's Candy
I was hoping it would be more like Saturnday Night Slam Masters... not so much.. just not very fun at all.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
3 Count Bout is a decent game burdened with the most impossibly brutal AI opponents on the Neo outside of KotM2 and AoF2. It needs to be played against another human.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I actually kinda like LOSJ. But 3 count bout is one of those games I couldn't even justify owning. Even if someone offered it to me for free, with one condition being I could never sell it, I would pass. It's a disgrace to the Neo, and it would be a disgrace having it in the same house as good video games. It's way too hard even for me, and down-right wretched all around.

I'm just going to throw this out there... but F!%K 3 Count Bout!!

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I really, REALLY wanted to like this game. I love 80's wrestling and thought it had a similar feel...I love the huge charaters, I'm actually ok with the stiff controls, but wow...after 4 rounds my hands are tired from button mashing. If somebody was able to hack the game and ease up on the section where you have to mash the hell out of the buttons to win a grapple, this game would actually be fun...

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I really, REALLY wanted to like this game. I love 80's wrestling and thought it had a similar feel...I love the huge charaters, I'm actually ok with the stiff controls, but wow...after 4 rounds my hands are tired from button mashing. If somebody was able to hack the game and ease up on the section where you have to mash the hell out of the buttons to win a grapple, this game would actually be fun...

Agreed! Even if you're winning against the computer to do a slam (totally overwhelm the AI), somehow the AI wins, and now the game discourages the player from ever trying it out.

Looks like the strategy here is memorization the opponent, spamming the clothesline move, and do submission moves. Such a damn shame, because I landed a power bomb on a wrestler, and it was so awesome!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At least collectors will have no problem finding a 3 Count Bout homecart in mint condition.