Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm: from KOF Developers a new fighting game for PC

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
This is out today on Steam- I will post my impressions of playing to soon!

I've been dying to play this, any version of it. Ive been waiting for a console release for as long as I can remember (I'd even settle for the Vita version they mentioned 2 years ago!) I wonder if my bottom-of-the-line laptop will be able to run it :lolz:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I've been dying to play this, any version of it. Ive been waiting for a console release for as long as I can remember (I'd even settle for the Vita version they mentioned 2 years ago!) I wonder if my bottom-of-the-line laptop will be able to run it :lolz:

I think you can run it ;)

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: Must support 640x480 resolution. Certain laptops and onboard video cards may have compatibility issues.
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible Sound Card
Additional Notes: Windows 8 is not yet officially supported, but Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm has been tested without problems on Win 8 laptops and desktops.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I think you can run it ;)

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: Must support 640x480 resolution. Certain laptops and onboard video cards may have compatibility issues.
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible Sound Card
Additional Notes: Windows 8 is not yet officially supported, but Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm has been tested without problems on Win 8 laptops and desktops.

thanx for that Reb, my laptop is the cheapest current dell they had on amazon, it's windows 8 so I might just try and see what happens, guess I'll need a pc stick too.

looking forward to your impressions.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Don't ps3 sticks work on PC bro? I heard this game was great.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Oh! I didn't know about this game... already released uh? hmmmmmmmmmm will have to check Steam later at home...

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
My PS3 Madcatz SFIVTE stick works perfectly with it. Also, I tried a old wired Xbox pad and it worked as well. I did have to do a key config from the title menu, however. As far as the game goes - it plays very familiar and easy to pick up, similar to SFIII. It's a 4 attack button system, LP/HP/LK/HK, with high and low parries, command normals, and a two button throw. It's also got 'hops' ala King of Fighters.

I found movelists online here for reference: http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Yatagarasu

Also found this tutorial vid:

The character roster is varied and interesting, and the game looks and sounds fantastic. My only slight criticism is that some of the more abstract, painted-looking backgrounds don't mesh very well with the sprites, which resemble those in Mark of the Wolves, IMO. Others, like Hanzo's stage blend wonderfully. There's a funny commentator feature, where you basically pick a guy who talks trash for you. There is a robust practice mode, and the netcode seemed to work without any debilitating lag, when I played. Lots of options in regards to the matching, ranking, creating/joining teams, and tournaments. Ultimately this is really a great value for $15, and a game it seems was made for the appreciation of us old-heads!

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Had to do a bit of work to get my stick working. : p

The game is pretty good to play against others, too bad that Arcade mode is basically shit. The endings are shit, as is the dialogue between characters.

Still, the gameplay is solid.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
The game is pretty good to play against others, too bad that Arcade mode is basically shit. The endings are shit, as is the dialogue between characters.

Still, the gameplay is solid.

I agree - the overall presentation - the menus, dialogue, intro, story scenes, etc have a very low-budget appearance. Would have been nice to see all of these fleshed out nicer if they could have spent more resources on it.