Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm: from KOF Developers a new fighting game for PC

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Do you mean waiting until Attack on Cataclysm comes out? I'll play the OG one with ya mugi.

I'd love to play any version, the game looks sweet! However I don't play games on mah computer. I picked up a 3DS with this game in mind when it was announced, then they jumped ship to Vita :(

then I found this in my youtube browsing the other day:

it's coming out on friggin ps4 and Xbone, FFS, just put it in xbl arcade and psn for current gen, this game is already like 3 years old!!:mad:

I also noticed how they changed the name to english. While this doesn't happen as often as it used to (I was surprised Ni no Kuni didn't get changed!) Yatagarasu is a bit of a tongue twister, so I'm not surprised but in this day and age I'm a little dissapointed in it.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
However I don't play games on mah computer.

Why da fuck not? :envy: I think buying an extra piece of hardware to play games that one can mostly play on the computer is kinda silly, and hence why I think the 360 is my last console purchase ever.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Why da fuck not?

I have a pretty old shitty laptop, that can run emulators competently but that's about it. my desk and computer setup is not comfortable/ideal for gaming sessions. I've also never liked the whole upgrading thing with computers to play games on, I realize that a game like this wouldn't exactly need a killer video card or anything, but it's one of the principles of pc gaming that soured me away from it so many years ago. I haven't really played games on a pc since duke nukem 3D lol.

TinaisTina

n00b
This is SUPER AWESOME..
smile.gif

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm Level Up Tournaments and Alpha Access Start This Week!

We are very pleased to announce two exciting developments for Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm coming up this week!

Starting this Thursday (August 21st) and running through December 18th, Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm will stream every Thursday in the 2014 summer and fall tournament seasons of the premier fighting game promoter Level Up’s “The Runback!” show which streams from the New Super Arcade in Walnut, California.

This is a great opportunity see the latest Yatagarasu AoC builds in action for the first time as tournament players will begin playing the Alpha build of Yatagarasu AoC from this Thursday, then upgrade to the Beta and retail builds as they’re released. What’s more, players are competing for $1,000 in cash each season, so we’re in for some exciting high level competitive Yatagarasu play! Don’t miss this!

For full details, see Level Up’s season announcement here: http://www.levelup-series.com/2014-summer-fall-tournament-season/

Level Up tournament players won’t be the only ones to get their hands on the Alpha build of Yatagarasu AoC! Also on August 21st, the same Alpha build to be featured on The Runback will be released to Beta Access qualifying backers from the Yatagarasu AoC IndieGogo campaign! Backer access will be updated to Beta and full retail builds also as they are rolled out over the coming weeks.

Backer access to the new builds will be provided via Steam keys, which will be distributed directly to each backer and everyone will be able to discuss the game via Steam Discussion group which will open this week. More details about the build features, etc. will be announced on Thursday.

Beta Access backers > Expect your Steam key to arrive at the mail address you provided at the IndieGogo campaign on Thursday.

We have many new exciting changes and features to follow in upcoming builds, but in many ways, this week marks the start of the countdown to Yatagarasu AoC’s full release, and everyone at the Yatagarasu dev team and Nyu Media are very excited for people to get their hands on Yatagarasu AoC for the first time!

Watch this space for more updates coming this week!

source: http://yatagarasu-ftg.com/update/ya...tournaments-and-alpha-access-start-this-week/

That's cool but...
When are we going to get a console port of the game? =/

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Pretty sure it came out/is coming out on Vita, and is supposed to be ported to both PS4 and XBone.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Very interested in what the beta looks like.

Hope people post decent vids on youtube. I threw in for this project and I've been waiting so long it seems like vaporware.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Are they going for a console license from the big three?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Thanks for the reminder on this. I read the old thread and forgot all about it. It has been greenlit on Steam, you can 'follow' it to receive announcements as they come in.

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
Can't wait for this. Forgot about it also. I think PS3 or 360 would be the best place for this. I would've done a Dreamcast port also.

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
Pretty sure it came out/is coming out on Vita, and is supposed to be ported to both PS4 and XBone.

The original Yatagarasu is coming out for Vita/PS4/XBONE. It was originally supposed to be ported to 3DS. Nicalis is doing the publishing for that.

Attack on Cataclysm is the upgrade and that and will be PC/Arcade only for now.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Believe it when it happens. Clearly a well made game for what it is. But I don't believe it will garner enough money or interest to make the jump to other more heavily licensed platforms... even tuning/finishing this version seems to be a fairly involved process at this time and level.

Last edited:

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm in the alpha now and it plays pretty damn well. I just wish my damn PS3 Madcatz TE would work with my PC.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
It's a fantastic game, and I hope it gets more a bit more polished. It feels a lot like Garou in a few key ways, and I can't say that about a lot of fighters.

The music also kicks ass.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Why isn't arcade mode on the alpha version available?

WTF

Also, I can't join any of the lobbies.

edit: I can only play arcade mode through the "network play option". Still don't know how to be able to join a lobby. Fucking A.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
This is out today on Steam and the Humble store- I will post my impressions of playing it soon!

Last edited: