PS Vita TV

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong forum but I looked at every single one and figured this was the best.

I have always been a buyer of Japanese Systems until the U.S. became the new release market. Anyway, I'm interested in buying a PSVita TV but I'm wondering if it will work in the U.S. market?

I'm only interested in playing games so I don't see why not. But, before I take the $150 plunge counting shipping I figured I would ask here first.

Thanks!

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong forum but I looked at every single one and figured this was the best.

I have always been a buyer of Japanese Systems until the U.S. became the new release market. Anyway, I'm interested in buying a PSVita TV but I'm wondering if it will work in the U.S. market?

I'm only interested in playing games so I don't see why not. But, before I take the $150 plunge counting shipping I figured I would ask here first.

Thanks!

I was also looking into it lol. the good part is Japan and US are both NSTC so there is no issues with the TV. I know PS vita games are region free(or should be so double check on that). And if you do get it remember you would either need a compatible power supply or a stepdown transformer so the japanese PSU can work on a US outlet(if it requires 100V in)

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
From what I've read, you can't access the US PSN store with it, so anything in your digital account would be inaccessible.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm sorry, they should have just made a cable for the vita. The tech is even there and they were going to do that, it's bullshit they want me to buy another accessory to play my games on a tv. I won't fall for this.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
This is supposed to be a console version of Vita, not an accessory. Like how the TG-16 is the console version of the TurboExpress.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
The Vita TV is next to worthless right now, unless you only care about playing downloaded PSP games. Those are all compatible, but less than half of the Vita library is supported at the moment, and mostly the crappy games.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
If it had a physical UMD drive I might have considered it. As it is...no thanks.

TSXGuy

New Challenger
The Vita TV is next to worthless right now, unless you only care about playing downloaded PSP games. Those are all compatible, but less than half of the Vita library is supported at the moment, and mostly the crappy games.

OK...I think you are referring to PSP games correct? I just pulled this and my Vita games can play. But, if only half of the games work then it's probably not worth buying. Anyway, here's what I found:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-sony-announces-playstation-vita-tv-device

Also, maybe someone will hack this to make it totally region free? I know that won't help us download games but if you can put games on USB then I can see this system playing every handheld game that Sony has ever made.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It would be pretty difficult to emulate the touch screen controls if you were playing with a Dualshock controller.

Seems interesting, but I think it is sony admitting the Vita isnt that great as portable and wants the public to buy vita games at any costs. It will not work with US PSN accounts, only japanese but you will have access to a TON of games for PSP, PSone classics, and the like.

However, if this thing fails miserably, then sold copies might go the way of the N64DD and soar in value. Weirder shit has happened.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just wait for a revision that address the problems. Early adopters will be used as beta testers.

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Vita TV.
I'm a little disappointed that the JP release doesn't support US PSN accounts, and that there's no US release announced yet, but anyhow.

Since it supports
a) some/most Vita games, especially those that don't use the front/rear touchscreen
b) the use of a SixAxis, DualShock3 or DualShock4
my goal would be to rig up a mini arcade stick with a SixAxis PCB, and use the Vita TV as a semi-portable fighting game station with SFxT, UMvC3, MK, DoA5+.

I mean, it's not like I'll be able to play anywhere[/u], but let's say I'm heading on a little trip (can play in the hotel room), or over to the in-laws; I'd be able to plug it into the TV that's around and play on a big(ger) screen with an arcade stick...