Guerilla War

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Even though it's a run and gun like Ikari Warriors and Shock Troopers, this is a game I remember on the NES. Played it on the computer, then found the NES game, and beat it with a friend.

Any thoughts of the game? Possible revision of it? Even a revamp on the MVS platform? Would it be considered a shmup, despite of the "run and gun" theme?

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Play the arcade original - it's possible for the enemies to kill the POWs, too.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Great game! My dad is a nut for anything military related and liked the arcade version, so when we found out it was ported to the NES he took me to Woolworth and bought it for me.

If only he would have known that you're supposed to be playing as Che and Fidel in the game, lol. He's a rabid anti-communist so he would've probably puked.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
We played the crap out of this game on NES, it was like ikari warriors on steroids. Love the presentation in this game and even on the NES it kind of reminds me of a lower tech NEO game.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Guerilla War was such a great game in general. You had unlimited continues, the levels were long, and it kept your attention until the end.

I didn't even know that there was an arcade version of GW. It's even crazier that the protagonists were Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. This game needs to be revamped for MVS.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
It's a really quality nes game, I just wish it used a checkpoint system for the continues, or limited the number if them. You can always just police yourself and try to 1cc it, but that gets very frustrating.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
It's a really quality nes game, I just wish it used a checkpoint system for the continues, or limited the number if them. You can always just police yourself and try to 1cc it, but that gets very frustrating.

That is true, but I always want to beat it first before I have to restart all over again, so it's a great game to test your wits.

I got my one buddy to tackle the game with me one night. I think we spent 3 hours to try and beat it (granted, we took some short breaks then too). Probably the best co-op game too!