Your XRGB-Mini settings?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
[edit] broken beat me to it. Sorry, forgot about that. Maybe a Time Base Corrector would help at that rate.

I'm getting to the synch level option, but it's not letting me adjust it. ugh

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
boo. So do you think I could fool it by going into a rgb source and switching back to the svideo, or will it not make a difference?

I'm thinking about going to the store and getting a composite to usb capture dongle and being done with it, Xmas is looming and I've got 10 hours of tapes to get through lol.

Edit: That was a stupid question, I just went ahead and did it. It seems to be playing through now. It was set at 9 and I put it up to 12.

Edit 2: Nevermind, It's still messing up.

Last edited:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
So I was just trying to play Castlevania Symphony of the night on my Saturn via scart and everytime I press the button for the map it seems to lose signal for a few seconds and when I leave the map screen it does it again for like 5 seconds. It makes it very frustrating to play, anyone know of this issue and hopefully a fix?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Adjust the sync level up a couple notches.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I've had an issue only with the Wii U where when I turn the Wii U on via HDMI, and switch over to that input, the Mini can't pick up the signal from the Wii U. Shows static instead...after fiddling a bit by jumping around inputs I can eventually get the signal. I've had it happen with both HDMI inputs, but the Wii U is the only HDMI system I have this issue with. PS3 and PS4 have never had this problem. Plugging directly into the TV also does not have this problem. Sync issue?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I think the sync adjustment only applies to the RGB input.

No sure about the HDMI input issue.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
If you haven't already, upgrade to the latest firmware which has a fix for allowing true HDMI pass-through... unless you're wanting to scanline your Wii games or something. ;)

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
If you haven't already, upgrade to the latest firmware which has a fix for allowing true HDMI pass-through... unless you're wanting to scanline your Wii games or something. ;)

Thanks pal, I will have to upgrade later.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've always had my U connected through the mini and never had those issues, but I've got the latest firmware which seemed to fix a lot of the hdmi silliness.

And Teddy, scanlines are awesome for the vc games and emulators. The only thing is you have to switch the u to 480p first.

sammargh

n00b
240p RGB consoles:
meister mode (I like scanlines)
32 H_WIDTH
32 V_WIDTH
9 Sync level
720p output

Omega CMVS:
meister mode
33 H_WIDTH
33 V_WIDTH
720p output
For some reason MVS syncs to 241p on my XRGB mini so by upping both those numbers by 1 it fixes the weird scanline issue where they don't appear uniform.

480p sources:
1080p output
Smart X2
Standard

You lose the scanlines but by going to 1080p you're able to mathematically scale a 480p image better which nets a far better result using the x2 output.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Dear god I need one of these. I hooked up my saturn, psone, ps2 to my HD TV and the pictures looked like shit.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Also, if you're using scanlines, I've found I need to go to Visual_Set, V_Width and change it from 32 to 33. Otherwise, it'll double up on a couple of the scan lines vs. any other console I have running through the mini (everything else looks fine on 32).

Necrobump. Found this very helpful today. Also, thanks shadow for the quick delivery on the scart cable.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Thought I would share this here: Viletim's NES-Rgb board in Meister mode
f6b787fe-0110-4626-af94-29f07c723de5_zps72e66a2d.jpg

{edit} I'm pretty sure even with the cost of the xrgb mini this was still cheaper than the NT.

Last edited:

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
So I was just trying to play Castlevania Symphony of the night on my Saturn via scart and everytime I press the button for the map it seems to lose signal for a few seconds and when I leave the map screen it does it again for like 5 seconds. It makes it very frustrating to play, anyone know of this issue and hopefully a fix?

I get the same problem and i think it because the main inventory screen is in 480i and the rest is in 240p . The framemeister does a signal drop when the signal changes and it detecting what the new signal is. Very annoying.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, several Saturn games do that when it switches resolution. Very annoying.

barrow

n00b
I'm an asshole.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the sync level correct for my Omega. The absolute best picture I could get still had some flickering. Just when I was about to give up last night and accept that it's the best I'll achieve I decided to try out another TV in my house...PERFECT SYNC.

Just wanted to post this cautionary tale for someone else who might have the same issue, I know I searched around for people with similar sync issues. Not sure what processing on that TV could be causing the issue (it's already set to game mode). Doesn't matter though as I only had it hooked up there for some quick testing, the main panel I'd use is the one that does sync up perfectly.

venchia3

n00b
I'm an asshole.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the sync level correct for my Omega. The absolute best picture I could get still had some flickering. Just when I was about to give up last night and accept that it's the best I'll achieve I decided to try out another TV in my house...PERFECT SYNC.

Just wanted to post this cautionary tale for someone else who might have the same issue, I know I searched around for people with similar sync issues. Not sure what processing on that TV could be causing the issue (it's already set to game mode). Doesn't matter though as I only had it hooked up there for some quick testing, the main panel I'd use is the one that does sync up perfectly.

I'm an asshole too! I was having the same problems with an LG HDTV + Omega CMVS (I mean random flickering and even sometimes lose of sync), when I read your post I moved the only other TV I have in my home, a tiny 19 inch Panasonic HDTV, and played for a couple of hours without issues :)

Time to buy a new HDTV set :) As for my settings with the Omega:

Zoom Setting: Normal 2 (to preserve the source's pixel ratio)
Processing mode: Picture (probably the best for 240p signals)
Brightness: 20
A/D level: 140
Sync: ON (to avoid the stutter and lock the Omega to the native 59.18hz refresh rate)
Sync level: 19
720p60

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
NEcrobumpers in da house!
=>THANKS for the tip with 32 on the Scanlines, interestingly, I had that problem only with the AI CMVS, not the AES with the same settings....

Any option to get rid of the border around the picture? Zoom didn't work too well for me...

XC-3730C

War Room Troll
Slightly off topic, but is anyone here using one of these with a CRT display and can comment on the quality of video?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Slightly off topic, but is anyone here using one of these with a CRT display and can comment on the quality of video?

I'm curious, why would you hook this up to a CRT? The whole purpose of this product is to emulate what it would look like on a CRT.

XC-3730C

War Room Troll
@Kid Panda,

I am still not convinced this device will make any source look as good as a true RGB CRT monitor.

@GothanX,

Some Sony CRT WEGA's/XBR's have DVI so you could conceivably use an HDMI to DVI cable.

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
@Kid Panda,

I am still not convinced this device will make any source look as good as a true RGB CRT monitor.

@GothanX,

Some Sony CRT WEGA's/XBR's have DVI so you could conceivably use an HDMI to DVI cable.

Only way to see for yourself is to buy one or borrow one.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I am still not convinced this device will make any source look as good as a true RGB CRT monitor

It doesn't, and I don't think anyone it's saying it is, but it's the next best thing.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I've never seen a crt with hdmi.

I have a Sony Trinitron with HDMI, I think it was the last model of their CRT TV's.
I also have another Trinitron that looks similar to it but no HDMI, maybe came out a few years before, but both looks about the same picture wise.
I wondered what the games would look like upscaled to HD on those things but i have the big boys and don't care to move them but i bet they would look top notch.