Your XRGB-Mini settings?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I thought I would start a thread about sharing your XRGB-Mini settings. Namely ones for color, scanlines etc. I was happy using Meister mode until recently when I found out that it sometimes causes errors in games. Can any of you share your settings for:

PCBS
CPS2
CONSOLES
ETC

Would be very helpful!

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
NeoGeo MVS - auto sync off, sync level 12, Meister mode, 720p 60 hz, default scan lines.

Everything else I'm happy with auto sync and Meister mode to be honest. Works fine and looks great on the PS1, SNES and mega drive.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
For the Omega I used these settings on my friend's panasonic lcd.

Standard mode
Sync off
Sync level 19
480p

On the tv, I turned on game mode and turned off every setting that looks like it did image processing.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
For the Omega I used these settings on my friend's panasonic lcd.

Standard mode
Sync off
Sync level 19
480p

On the tv, I turned on game mode and turned off every setting that looks like it did image processing.

Also, if you're using scanlines, I've found I need to go to Visual_Set, V_Width and change it from 32 to 33. Otherwise, it'll double up on a couple of the scan lines vs. any other console I have running through the mini (everything else looks fine on 32).

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Also, if you're using scanlines, I've found I need to go to Visual_Set, V_Width and change it from 32 to 33. Otherwise, it'll double up on a couple of the scan lines vs. any other console I have running through the mini (everything else looks fine on 32).

I did notice that using meister mode on his tv resulted in some of the scanlines being twice as thick. We both got tired of trying to figure it out and just went with standard mode. Looked great sitting on the couch even without the scanlines.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I did notice that using meister mode on his tv resulted in some of the scanlines being twice as thick. We both got tired of trying to figure it out and just went with standard mode. Looked great sitting on the couch even without the scanlines.

Oh, and I mentioned this to you already but the component hook up from the Omega to the d-terminal/component dongle is hit or miss at best. The RGB Scart is a must. ;)

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Oh, and I mentioned this to you already but the component hook up from the Omega to the d-terminal/component dongle is hit or miss at best. The RGB Scart is a must. ;)

I get similar dodgy results with other component devices as well. The xrgb's in general were designed with RGB in mind. Component seems like an after thought.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Just in case anyone else (like me) had been sleeping for a couple weeks, v.1.10 firmware was released. It adds zoom features (ie. those blue, red, green & yellow buttons do stuff now) and HDMI passthrough.

1080p scanlines are located correctly, but still too light for the full effect.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Just in case anyone else (like me) had been sleeping for a couple weeks, v.1.10 firmware was released. It adds zoom features (ie. those blue, red, green & yellow buttons do stuff now) and HDMI passthrough.

1080p scanlines are located correctly, but still too light for the full effect.

Good to know about the firmware update. Been waiting for that HDMI pass through.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
By the way, the new firmware has an option for "HDMI DIRECT" for those of us hooking newer systems to the thing. What this does is simply pass through an unaltered HDMI signal if you don't want any processing, previously HDMI looked like crap. I do this for the Wii U, as I like setting the system for 480p with scanlines for Virtual Console stuff and using no processing for regular HD stuff.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member

Great tip, those two "double" scanlines were a bother in some games. Setting the v width to 33 completely corrects it for the neo geo.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Great tip, those two "double" scanlines were a bother in some games. Setting the v width to 33 completely corrects it for the neo geo.

I still don't understand why Micomsoft hasn't added the ability to have profiles. Those colored buttons at the bottom of the remote would have been perfect for 4 different profiles. That way instead of going in and making time consuming adjustments for different situations, you can just press a button and you are good to go.

Instead we get useless zoom features.
:oh_no:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
You know what I don't understand. Why doesn't the XRGB have a tate mode where it flips the image? It can't be that hard...

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I still don't understand why Micomsoft hasn't added the ability to have profiles. Those colored buttons at the bottom of the remote would have been perfect for 4 different profiles. That way instead of going in and making time consuming adjustments for different situations, you can just press a button and you are good to go.

Instead we get useless zoom features.
:oh_no:

Agreed, I'd rather see profiles support than the new zoom feature. I haven't bothered updating from
1.08 yet but I might next time I bust out the mega drive. So far it's the only system I could see the zoom feature coming in handy.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Speaking of which, if someone finds some good settings for the zoom feature with the Megadrive/Genesis please post them. I couldn't figure out any setting that I liked that had good scanlines, so I left the zoom off. I don't care about the zoom itself, but cutting off the solid border around most games would be great.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Anybody try using a HDPVR with the Framemeister?

I have some old home movies on 8mm that I can output in S-video to the framemeister and I'm looking to burn them to DVD for a Xmas present. I'm thinking the HDMI out on the XRGB Mini into something like a Hauppage might work, but not sure. Also if anybody knows what the best setting on the Mini would be for an application like 8mm camcorder tapes that would be sweet as well.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Did a test with XRGB-Mini running on Meister mode through a Hauppage HD PVR Rocket. Looks pretty good full screen at 720p

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Couple of noobish questions:

I'm using the Mini to upscale old 8mm home movies and at certain moments the Meister loses picture and goes black for about 5 seconds then comes back on. Any idea of a setting that would prevent that? It seems to independent of takes in the homevideo so I'm kind of stumped.

I'm running FW 1.08, I downloaded the new one above (1.1), but which file out of it all do I put on the micro sd to update the Mini? In other words, what are the steps to updating the XRGB firmware?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Assuming it's not video drop-out in your tapes, the FrameMeister may be losing sync.

Try: (Menu button) Visual_Set -> Sync_Level (last option at very bottom).

Bump it up a notch and play back through to see if it helps.

Couple of noobish questions:

I'm using the Mini to upscale old 8mm home movies and at certain moments the Meister loses picture and goes black for about 5 seconds then comes back on. Any idea of a setting that would prevent that? It seems to independent of takes in the homevideo so I'm kind of stumped.

I'm running FW 1.08, I downloaded the new one above (1.1), but which file out of it all do I put on the micro sd to update the Mini? In other words, what are the steps to updating the XRGB firmware?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I'm getting to the synch level option, but it's not letting me adjust it. ugh

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm getting to the synch level option, but it's not letting me adjust it. ugh

The sync level can only be adjusted for the RGB input.

It can't be adjust for composite or svideo input. Not sure about the component/DTerminal inputs.