Your XRGB-Mini settings?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I might try the adapter first since it's cheap.

OK, I just got my XRGB Mini last night so I am kind of a dumb ass. I need some help. Need suggestions regarding the following.

1. PC Engine Duo R via Euro RGB - I have horizontal white lines, they just sit in the same position.

2. Xian Xi Supergun via component - whats good for mvs?

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
You need to use RGB for MVS. The component input on the Framemeister is not very good.

soupbones

n00b
I just hooked up my modded MVS Neo Geo to my XRGB Mini for the first time using RGB (it was previously S Video) and the result isn't good. Any scene with light or white color is super blown out. Some screens look fine (like the drug warning, or other darker color screens), but the minute bright colors are introduced, it looks terrible (see below).

Any ideas? I tried a couple of different RGB cables and got the same result. My other consoles (Saturn, DC, Genesis) look great thru the Framemeister.

I also messed around with the color settings on the XRGB, but that does not seem to be the issue at all.

IMG_0464.JPG

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Do you have 75 ohm resistors on your RGB lines (either in the cable or in the MVS somewhere)?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I actually don't know - I bought the cables here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201274671910

Is there anyway I can tell by looking at the cables?

You can tell by unscrewing scart cable part, and taking off the plastic shell cover. If the wires are just connected to the pins, then they probably don't have resistors on them.

I'd ask the seller about it and include the screen shot you posted. I mean, the cable works. But it is as zaneiken said, you do need 75 ohm resistors the R, G, B lines since it's coming from a Jamma signal (either on the cable or on the console's output somewhere). Maybe they can add them to the cable for you, if needed?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That cable shouldn't have resistors on them, as they aren't needed on a home system. The proper way of building a CMVS that uses standard home system cables would be to put the resistors on the inside of the system.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In the meantime, since you're using a mini, go into the A/D setting and turn it down to 90 or 100 or so to see if that helps. It's not perfect but should look a lot better. Don't forget to turn it back up if connecting another system or everything will be too dark.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Anyone cares to share the settings for an AES 3-5 over XRGB mini 2.0a FW, scart cable composite sync?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It all depends on your TV. There are no "right" settings.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Not related, but I learned if you play with the resolution it can fix the white bars you see when looking at light colored areas like large areas of grass.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Anyone know what the options/power_set does before I do a bad thing?

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Ah I see...
It makes it so you can't turn it off.
Useful option, that..

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I just found out the framemeister rolled out firmware update 2.00. The most useful thing about this update is being able to save custom profiles for each system. However, I can't seem to get it to work. My main issue with the framemeister is the way scan lines look on the omega vs the rest of the consoles. The omega requires me to go change the v_width in order to display the scanlines properly in 720p, and change it back when I switch to other systems. This is rather cumbersome to say the least. I thought the firmware 2.00 update allows me to save profiles but after saving my custom profile for omega and other systems, it doesn't seems to load or have any effect at all. Any body else have problems with the save profile function?

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Works fine for me. Did you choose the correct output when loading (RGB/Hdmi/...)?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I just found out the framemeister rolled out firmware update 2.00. The most useful thing about this update is being able to save custom profiles for each system.

Nice! Sounds like I'll need to update soon then. Constantly going into settings to adjust for each console when you want to play it is the most annoying thing about the Framemeister. Per system profiles for the win!

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm having some trouble with psone and my current TV through the framemeister with scart.
The TV is hunting for signal (blank screen) for lengthy periods during menu and loading transitions because it seems that the framemeister is cutting signal at these times.

Firmware is 2.0, and I can't recall if prior firmwares also did this.

I noticed there is a sync time setting (3/10/100) that seems to have a little positive impact on the hunting time at 100, however I haven't managed to digest all the rest of the settings. Has anybody else seen this issue, and is there any helping it? Is it the cable, version of the system, some framemeister setting--or is this just what ps1 is going to do?

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Has anybody else seen this issue, and is there any helping it? Is it the cable, version of the system, some framemeister setting--or is this just what ps1 is going to do?

Does it do this for all PSone games? I imagine it's because the game is switching between 240p/480i for gameplay/menus. Every time it changes, the Framemeister has to go through the HDMI handshake process again.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Does it do this for all PSone games? I imagine it's because the game is switching between 240p/480i for gameplay/menus. Every time it changes, the Framemeister has to go through the HDMI handshake process again.

I would like to know this, as the playstation RGB cables are the last I need. Does the PS2 have these issues as well?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If playing PS1 games, yes. PS2 games stick to 480i with the exception of MMX Collection.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It sounds likely that's what's going on. I don't play much ps1, but the two games I tried (gt2 and colony wars 2) did it pretty badly. Often the screen wasn't locked in before the race started in gt2 and I got into the habit of using the attached monitor for menus as I could mostly get through them by the time the tv locked in. I'll try it on some other games later.

Assuming it's a change in output from the system, why is the framemeister dropping its own signal to my tv while this is going on? I think I vaguely recall seeing the blue framemeister screen trying to figure out signals in previous firmwares, now it's my TV doing the hunting.

Last edited:

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Has anyone connected the xrgb to a computer lcd monitor that has HDMI input? I tried to connect it to a monitor without HDMI using an HDMI -> DVI cable and was having issues. The screen would cut out randomly as if there were sync issues and there was blue pixel fuzz artifacts all over the place.

Update: I think the DVI connector on the monitor was shot. I tried another monitor and it is working fine.

Last edited:

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just got my X-RGB mini and wanted to share my thoughts. This thing is freaking some kind of sorcery. I'm playing on a 720p native set and the picture with scanlines rivals that of an RGB monitor (imo). As far as settings, the only thing that needed adjustment was the Sync level for MVS. I had to set it to 10 because the default value of 9 went haywire. V-Width of 33 as opposed to 32 as well to fix the scanlines. Auto-Sync for all consoles...no problems. The only thing I don't like is that the scanlines seem to be of varying brightness. On bright backgrounds, its especially noticeable when the screen moves. Not sure if there's a way to fix that. The only other thing I don't like is that the picture isn't as fluid as a CRT, movement-wise. I don't know if its the ghosting from the LCD, but games just don't feel or look quite as fluid. I wonder if a Plasma set or one of those 120Hz sets would make a difference.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I use one of these for VGA to HDMI. If you want to use a Framemeister, you'll likely need a sync combiner for your PC's VGA out so you can feed the Framemeister a single composite sync (no separate H/V ins for the mini). This seems like overkill to me given the simplicity of the first option.

I know this is an old post, but what resolutions does that thing accept as input? Could you use it with an old DOS machine? I have been looking for a way to capture old DOS gaming footage without having to use emulation...