Your XRGB-Mini settings?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The mini can take VGA input from the RGB input as long as the sync is combined. Works great with the Atomiswave at either resolution since it just has composite sync anyway, and the Dreamcast works great if you use a sync combiner. I'd imagine with a sync combining device it would take anything pretty much.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
So I would just need something that took the VGA's hsync and vsync and put it back together, and I could run it through the mini, you think? So the mini doesn't require a 15khz signal, then? VGA starts at 31 khz...

Hmm. If it worked, that would be a better option than the VGA to HDMI deal because it doesn't upscale.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It works for the Dreamcast, either in 15khz or 31 khz modes.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Question.

Testing an AES in component on XRGB. All the colors are saturated to the max (50). Is there a way to adjust colors using component on xrgb? When I go to "menu ==> colors ==> blue -- it is set at max, and I can not lower the saturation. Maybe there is another way I am not familiar with when using component.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Don't use component, it's terrible.

Yeah I know that, but the console was having that black and white issue, so it was for troubleshooting purposes. RGB cables are on the way.

Does that mean there is no way?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think the rgb levels only work in rgb mode. You may want to play with the brightness and gamma, if those are off the colors will look washed out.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think the rgb levels only work in rgb mode. You may want to play with the brightness and gamma, if those are off the colors will look washed out.

This is correct. There are certain settings that only work if you're using RGB. Sync level is another one. Unfortunately, this is a setting that needs to be adjusted for certain TVs. You can still set either Auto Sync or "Off" for the sync, but you can't adjust the level if you are using something like S-video.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm having a problem with my PAL SNES not displaying picture or sound. Not too sure what it is. I'm using a cable I bought from Retro Console Accessories, it's a PAL cable with CSync. On certain games, it will boot fine; Super Mario World, Tetris & Dr. Mario, and on others it won't. If it doesn't boot a game, then it will not boot any other game after that unless I restart the XRGB.

I haven't done a lot of troubleshooting but damn, it's frustrating. For the record I'm running through a Hama AV 100S with a PC Engine attached as well and the NEC has no issues at all.

I'm still new to the whole RGB / XRGB setup so I'm not sure what could be the problem.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
I'm having a problem with my PAL SNES not displaying picture or sound. Not too sure what it is. I'm using a cable I bought from Retro Console Accessories, it's a PAL cable with CSync. On certain games, it will boot fine; Super Mario World, Tetris & Dr. Mario, and on others it won't. If it doesn't boot a game, then it will not boot any other game after that unless I restart the XRGB.

I haven't done a lot of troubleshooting but damn, it's frustrating. For the record I'm running through a Hama AV 100S with a PC Engine attached as well and the NEC has no issues at all.

I'm still new to the whole RGB / XRGB setup so I'm not sure what could be the problem.

I had a simliar problem with my XRGB and had to pull the power out of the XRGB wait a minute and it came back with no issues. I am not sure if its a glitch or not

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
bump - I updated the FW on my Framemeister and I do not like how things look. I tried Firebrands Neo Geo profiles and the scanlines are all outta whack. I'm on a 1080p TV using 1080 profiles, yadda yadda

Who here has the latest FW and what settings are you digging?

Last edited:

pva

Mega Shock!!
bump - I updated the FW on my Framemeister and I do not like how things look. I tried Firebrands Neo Geo profiles and the scanlines are all outta whack. I'm on a 1080p TV using 1080 profiles, yadda yadda

Who here has the latest FW and what settings are you digging?

Are you using the 4x (39NEO4X.BIN) or the 5x (40NEO5X.BIN) profile? Scanlines look like crap on the 5x, but acceptable on the 4x.

They look even better on the 720 profiles, but those are only useful on displays with a native 720 or 4K (3 * 720) resolution, since upscaling from 720p to 1080p will be non-integer as well as introduce additional lag.

I'd also recommend using the "Deep Color Noise Reduction" variants if your display is compatible with them.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Are you using the 4x (39NEO4X.BIN) or the 5x (40NEO5X.BIN) profile? Scanlines look like crap on the 5x, but acceptable on the 4x.

They look even better on the 720 profiles, but those are only useful on displays with a native 720 or 4K (3 * 720) resolution, since upscaling from 720p to 1080p will be non-integer as well as introduce additional lag.

I'd also recommend using the "Deep Color Noise Reduction" variants if your display is compatible with them.

Tried both - the 5x is the one I am having problems with. The image is larger than my screen.

The 4x looks great but is too small an image on my screen.

The default profile from Firebrand looks good, but I just can't get the scanlines right. Driving me nuts.

Last edited: