Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your XRGB-Mini settings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Your XRGB-Mini settings?

I thought I would start a thread about sharing your XRGB-Mini settings. Namely ones for color, scanlines etc. I was happy using Meister mode until recently when I found out that it sometimes causes errors in games. Can any of you share your settings for:

PCBS
    CPS2
    CONSOLES
    ETC

Would be very helpful!

In with the real hardware, out with the bootlegs......who is this I wonder?

Don't piss off cats or you'll get the Nyanyan Uppercut!

Choi's Barber

NeoGeo MVS - auto sync off, sync level 12, Meister mode, 720p 60 hz, default scan lines.

Everything else I'm happy with auto sync and Meister mode to be honest. Works fine and looks great on the PS1, SNES and mega drive.

Vice's Love Slave

For the Omega I used these settings on my friend's panasonic lcd.

Standard mode
    Sync off
    Sync level 19
    480p

On the tv, I turned on game mode and turned off every setting that looks like it did image processing.

Капитан Борода
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    For the Omega I used these settings on my friend's panasonic lcd.

Standard mode
    Sync off
    Sync level 19
    480p

On the tv, I turned on game mode and turned off every setting that looks like it did image processing.
    Also, if you're using scanlines, I've found I need to go to Visual_Set, V_Width and change it from 32 to 33. Otherwise, it'll double up on a couple of the scan lines vs. any other console I have running through the mini (everything else looks fine on 32).

Vice's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy KGB View Post
    Also, if you're using scanlines, I've found I need to go to Visual_Set, V_Width and change it from 32 to 33. Otherwise, it'll double up on a couple of the scan lines vs. any other console I have running through the mini (everything else looks fine on 32).
    I did notice that using meister mode on his tv resulted in some of the scanlines being twice as thick. We both got tired of trying to figure it out and just went with standard mode. Looked great sitting on the couch even without the scanlines.

Капитан Борода
    I did notice that using meister mode on his tv resulted in some of the scanlines being twice as thick. We both got tired of trying to figure it out and just went with standard mode. Looked great sitting on the couch even without the scanlines.
    Oh, and I mentioned this to you already but the component hook up from the Omega to the d-terminal/component dongle is hit or miss at best. The RGB Scart is a must.

Choi's Barber

Great tip, those two "double" scanlines were a bother in some games. Setting the v width to 33 completely corrects it for the neo geo.

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Great tip, those two "double" scanlines were a bother in some games. Setting the v width to 33 completely corrects it for the neo geo.
    I still don't understand why Micomsoft hasn't added the ability to have profiles. Those colored buttons at the bottom of the remote would have been perfect for 4 different profiles. That way instead of going in and making time consuming adjustments for different situations, you can just press a button and you are good to go.

Instead we get useless zoom features.
    Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

[Rot] 1:50 pm: ladyboys are HAWT!

Benimaru's Hairdresser

Necrobump. Found this very helpful today. Also, thanks shadow for the quick delivery on the scart cable.

Frenzy Football Player

Thought I would share this here: Viletim's NES-Rgb board in Meister mode

{edit} I'm pretty sure even with the cost of the xrgb mini this was still cheaper than the NT.
    Last edited by K-2; 05-06-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Капитан Борода
    Quote Originally Posted by Joneo View Post
    Just in case anyone else (like me) had been sleeping for a couple weeks, v.1.10 firmware was released. It adds zoom features (ie. those blue, red, green & yellow buttons do stuff now) and HDMI passthrough.

1080p scanlines are located correctly, but still too light for the full effect.
    Good to know about the firmware update. Been waiting for that HDMI pass through.

Vice's Love Slave

Is the firmware update in english?

Ukyo's Doctor

Is the firmware update in english?
    Yep, both the Japanese and English version are available on that page as well as this post.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

By the way, the new firmware has an option for "HDMI DIRECT" for those of us hooking newer systems to the thing. What this does is simply pass through an unaltered HDMI signal if you don't want any processing, previously HDMI looked like crap. I do this for the Wii U, as I like setting the system for 480p with scanlines for Virtual Console stuff and using no processing for regular HD stuff.

Капитан Борода
    Quote Originally Posted by Joneo View Post
    Yep, both the Japanese and English version are available on that page as well as this post.
    Sweet, I'm all updated. Thanks again for calling the update out.

I've always had my U connected through the mini and never had those issues, but I've got the latest firmware which seemed to fix a lot of the hdmi silliness.

And Teddy, scanlines are awesome for the vc games and emulators. The only thing is you have to switch the u to 480p first.

Bashful Neophyte

240p RGB consoles:
    meister mode (I like scanlines)
    32 H_WIDTH
    32 V_WIDTH
    9 Sync level
    720p output

Omega CMVS:
    meister mode
    33 H_WIDTH
    33 V_WIDTH
    720p output
    For some reason MVS syncs to 241p on my XRGB mini so by upping both those numbers by 1 it fixes the weird scanline issue where they don't appear uniform.

480p sources:
    1080p output
    Smart X2
    Standard

You lose the scanlines but by going to 1080p you're able to mathematically scale a 480p image better which nets a far better result using the x2 output.

CPS2 Person.

Dear god I need one of these. I hooked up my saturn, psone, ps2 to my HD TV and the pictures looked like shit.

Throne of Games

Quote Originally Posted by darksoft View Post
    Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

War Room Troll

Slightly off topic, but is anyone here using one of these with a CRT display and can comment on the quality of video?

Quote Originally Posted by XC-3730C View Post
    Slightly off topic, but is anyone here using one of these with a CRT display and can comment on the quality of video?
    I'm curious, why would you hook this up to a CRT? The whole purpose of this product is to emulate what it would look like on a CRT.

I've never seen a crt with hdmi.

Geese's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I've never seen a crt with hdmi.
    I have a Sony Trinitron with HDMI, I think it was the last model of their CRT TV's.
    I also have another Trinitron that looks similar to it but no HDMI, maybe came out a few years before, but both looks about the same picture wise.
    I wondered what the games would look like upscaled to HD on those things but i have the big boys and don't care to move them but i bet they would look top notch.

Enemy Chaser

Necrobump to prevent xsq hitting me with the search hammer.

I finally got my XRGB mini in today and to be honest I defenitely feel an increase in image quality from "no scaler and just use the TV in game mode" to "XRGB mini between the cmvs and tv" but there are still some things that puzzle me:
    (prequesites: XRGB Mini updated to the latest Firmware Version, CMVS RGB/Sync/Ground/AudioLeft/AudioRight cinch to Mini-8-pin)

Many of you mentioned manually setting the sync and turning Auto sync off.
    I can do that and I don't recognize much difference between Auto and 8 - when I go higher than 10 the image vanishes and only flickers and reappears from time to time - I checked the wiki but I'm still not sure what this sync setting actually DOES.

My Settings are meister mode, Output hdmi 1080p - did set my sony Bravia to game mode and turned off every setting that was available.
    Looks quite good - image does not fully fill the screen at top and bottom though - but I'm reluctant to Change that due to the aspect ratio. (you see that better in AOF but I didn't have an image of that, it's not much just enough to recognize it)

xrgbmini.jpg
    Berries fighting game quest signature is under development - Completed NeoGeo MVS fighters so far: AoF, AoF2, AoF3, SS, SS2, SS3, SS4, KoF94, KoF95, KoF96, KoF97, KoF98, WH, WH2, WH2Jet, Waku Waku 7, FF, FF2, FFS, FF3, Savage Reign, Kizuna Encounter, Kabuki Klash, Galaxy Fight, Last Blade
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...59#post3851759

Sync basically works or it doesn't. If he image isn't bouncing, or totally missing, leave it.

Meister mode is garbage, it uses filtering which is unnecessary unless you have a noisy source. Use "Picture" or "Natural" settings instead for 240p sources. With newer firmwares you can add scanlines seperately.

Also, if you want to use scanlines set it to 720p output instead of 1080p, the scanlines are much better. If you leave scanlines off, 1080p will give the sharper image.

Slight letterboxing at the top and bottom is normal. It varies a bit from system to system.

Thread Information