Aes Production run numbers

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I have been trying to find info regarding the production run numbers of neo geo aes titles...to no avail...

In some old threads Shawn states that snk wanted to keep that info secret...

Have things changed?Do we know more now?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Until aes titles get a greatest hits release, we can only speculate.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How many licks does it take to reach the center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

totoro

So no one has a clue...?not even the "old" members?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
SNK wanted the production quantities to remain confidential. It was most likely for business purposes due to the later super low production numbers, that are frankly embarrassing in comparison to other consoles. But, remember that the AES was never a mass market system. Some production numbers were leaked at the NeoStore. Additionally I recall seeing some production numbers on the NGF site.

I believe all the numbers below are accurate.

Sengoku 3 - 500
KOF2003 - 200 JAP 300 US
MS 3 - 2000
MS 4 - 300 US 3000JAP
MS X - 750 US
SVC Chaos - 800
ROTD - 96 JAP 204 US
MOTW - 500 US

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug US was only 50. The JP version has higher productions run but not many more.

At the time (1996) most carts made were allocated for MVS.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Fifty copies only? That was a pretty cruel practical joke.

totoro

So it is harder to find a japanese ROTD than a US MOTW.....wow....

Can anyone else confirm the 50 US cart production run for MS1 ?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm suprised that metal slug 3 had 2000. I would have thought it was a lot less than that.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Fifty copies only? That was a pretty cruel practical joke.

I'm not trying to convince everyone here, but those of us who got this game at release at MSRP will never sell it except under extreme circumstances.

edit: Because of popularity of MS1, SNK underestimated the demand of this game. Obviously it made more sense to allocate those carts to MVS (more revenues for them). It was the first game in the series, MS2 and MS3 has many more copies made.

Last edited:

totoro

I'm not trying to convince everyone here, but those of us who got this game at release at MSRP will never sell it except under extreme circumstances.

It's not about convincing anyone...
I started the thread in order to learn the facts from the ones that know them :)

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I'm suprised that metal slug 3 had 2000. I would have thought it was a lot less than that.

MS3 & 4 were mass produced in comparison to the other Slugs.

I do find it a little difficult to believe that only 50 US MS1 copies were produced. Is there any documentation? The Neo was hot at the time that game was release and MS1 was very popular in the arcades.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
MS3 & 4 were mass produced in comparison to the other Slugs.

I do find it a little difficult to believe that only 50 US MS1 copies were produced. Is there any documentation? The Neo was hot at the time that game was release and MS1 was very popular in the arcades.

Keep in mind at that time Playstation was introduced and gaming industry was emphasized 3D........

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
OK, I agree with Tonk, there were 1000+ US MS made, then so what? He better get ready to sell thousands of those (AKA AF3) for massive profit.

It still doesn't change the fact that it's pretty much impossible to find (conversions excluded), the quote of 50 is from Jim at Japan Video Game in June 1996, who was the main distributor of US AES Neo-Geo titles. The real copy (JPN version) was already over 100000 Yen in 1999. After all, if thousands of copies were made (even hundreds like MS3), I doubt those guys in France and Spain would bother converting those.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If you go into the really rare titles there were only 6 Aero Fighters 3 made and 2 (I believe) Power Spikes 2 US XD

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
....... the quote of 50 is from Jim at Japan Video Game in June 1996, who was the main distributor of US AES Neo-Geo titles.

Wait, is this the Japan Video Games that was based out of NY? Cause man that place scammed me on a Neo Geo system. I placed an order for one and they said it was in stock, charged my credit card and I didn't get a system for 2 months. I had to threaten legal action against them. Yet Babbage's had them in stock all the time. So they ended up ordering a system from a store in Japan, (I later found this out after I was supposed to get a US system but ended up with a Jp one. I wouldn't take that guy's word for anything. God I hated that place.

GinForBreakfast

Quiz Detective
Wow, that is really f*cked up. And you accepted the Japanese one?

Wait, is this the Japan Video Games that was based out of NY? Cause man that place scammed me on a Neo Geo system. I placed an order for one and they said it was in stock, charged my credit card and I didn't get a system for 2 months. I had to threaten legal action against them. Yet Babbage's had them in stock all the time. So they ended up ordering a system from a store in Japan, (I later found this out after I was supposed to get a US system but ended up with a Jp one. I wouldn't take that guy's word for anything. God I hated that place.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
If you go into the really rare titles there were only 6 Aero Fighters 3 made and 2 (I believe) Power Spikes 2 US XD

Those never existed. In fact Power Spikes 2 was never even available on AES, strictly MVS and NGCD. Even if SNK did make them, they were only considered official releases if I called SNK and they were able to sell them to me or they were distributed to major mail order game stores, god, I miss those good old days when there were more good games than you can possibly afford. In addition, SNK USA did sell Kabuki Klash, Shock Troopers: Second Squad, and Neo-Geo Cup 98 in Japanese versions, those were the only 3 that came to US with Japanese artwork.

I'm talking about Japan Video Games here

http://www.japanvideogames.com/

There were a number of importers in NYC area. NCS was the best (as far as getting new Neo-Geo AES games), JNL in Chinatown, they overcharged and still do but at least you get your stuff. A few others came up on game magazines and then disappeared. Most are in California, I got a lot of new releases from Game Stuff and Tommo.

totoro

There is more than US metal slug 1 in the neo library :D
Any info on other titles??

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Bump would be good to know some more numbers for the last few releases