Next MVS shooter I should pick up?

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
The real problem is the stagnate gameplay and sheer lack of variety in the environment.

I agree with this. There is also a lack of variety in the enemies faced.

I also hate the bars on the side of the screen- part of what makes Aero Fighters 2 such a cool game is all that screen real estate.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I agree with this. There is also a lack of variety in the enemies faced.

I also hate the bars on the side of the screen- part of what makes Aero Fighters 2 such a cool game is all that screen real estate.

I didn't find issue with a lack of variety in the enemies in Strikers.

But the "info bars" on the sides of the screen are a bit annoying I'll agree.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I didn't find issue with a lack of variety in the enemies in Strikers.

But the "info bars" on the sides of the screen are a bit annoying I'll agree.

Strikers 1945 Plus was converted from a vertical orientation game. Given that they still wanted to have a vertical-ish presentation, I think they do a good job filling in the black bars on the left and right.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Currently my most wanted MVS shooter is Prehistoric Isle 2. So if anyone has one they no longer feel they need to have sitting around... ;)

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The good thing about buying from noobs with a few negs is the price isn't likely to go as high and you're still 100% covered if you end up getting a boot or non-working cart.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Yeah, from seeing the feedback, I wouldn't risk it. But then again, I tried buying an AES that had the Unibios chip in it, but the guy didn't come through.

Hopefully, you'll find one. It's only a matter of time.

I'll get one at some point. Would just be nice to find one with a decent/good holo label for $125 or less. Just seems like I've not been able to find carts I want in the last few weeks. Seems to be tons of AES around lately and not much MVS... :(

The good thing about buying from noobs with a few negs is the price isn't likely to go as high and you're still 100% covered if you end up getting a boot or non-working cart.

True. And that's why I'm still considering that one. It'd be nicer if I had a better pic of the label & of whatever writing was on the arrow sticker on the front of the cart.

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Just picked up a copy of Pulstar we a replacement label for $120 and the game is really incredible. Very much R-Type style shooter so I would recommend it if you can locate a copy.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Just picked up a copy of Pulstar we a replacement label for $120 and the game is really incredible. Very much R-Type style shooter so I would recommend it if you can locate a copy.

I've tried grabbing one. But they keep either getting scooped too quickly, or go over $200.

Also have been trying to find a PI2 for the last couple months for under $125. No luck there either... :(