Next MVS shooter I should pick up?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
It seems I should've started this thread when I had replenished my MVS budget. Getting offers for shooters I wanna pick up, but now isn't quite the time. This was supposed to be a research thread for me. Not quite a WTB thread... :lolz:

I've got both Strikers 1945+ and Blazing Star for the MVS that I could let go of. Both are originals but Blazing Star has a old peeled label.
PM me if you're interested, and we can work out a deal.

Already have a line on a Blazing Star from earlier in the thread. But the Strikers has my interest. Will have more $ in the MVS budget on 11/29 so I'll have to talk to you then.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Strikers 1945 Plus is pretty damn nostalgic for me! I really loved playing as the Flying Pancake and ripping through the levels. I'm going to be purchasing a Blazing Star kit soon, so I'll be playing that within a few weeks.

Now I have to get the Pulstar kit soon, and I'll be set!

Edit: I found some guy on eBay selling multiple MVS carts of Blazing Star. $80 shipped, but maybe he can throw a lower serial # if you probably ask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blazing-Sta...849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd930fbe9

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I've got both Strikers 1945+ and Blazing Star for the MVS that I could let go of. Both are originals but Blazing Star has a old peeled label.
PM me if you're interested, and we can work out a deal.

PM'd about your Strikers.

Edit: I found some guy on eBay selling multiple MVS carts of Blazing Star. $80 shipped, but maybe he can throw a lower serial # if you probably ask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blazing-Sta...849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd930fbe9

Unfortunately I just saw your edit. Right after I PM'd another member about getting a BS for the same price in lower quality condition... :(

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Have a Ghost pilots on the way now. Probably a Blazing Star as well.

Zed Blade or Strikers

I've got a deal in the works at this moment for Strikers. Really looking forward to that one, even though I've no idea why exactly I want it so much... :lolz:

Prehistoric Isle 2... i really like it :rolleyes:

I would like to find a PI2. Every time I find one for a good price it's already gone. Some day...

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I've got a deal in the works at this moment for Strikers. Really looking forward to that one, even though I've no idea why exactly I want it so much... :lolz:

Strikers really tests your shmup skills to the extreme. You blow through the first level, and you feel proud, but by the third level, you're spamming the charge shots, and want to use the super bombs every chance you can get. Even when you think that you're going to die, with some skill, you can maneuver through the tightest of shots. You'll feel proud of yourself when the screen is filled with bullets, and you managed to not get hit by one.

Unfortunately I just saw your edit. Right after I PM'd another member about getting a BS for the same price in lower quality condition... :(

Sorry to hear that man. If you really wanted to, you can get BS on the link for $75 shipped. I PM'd the guy on feebay and asked how low he's letting them go for, and that's how much he's willing to go.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I now have Ghost Pilots, Blazing Star, & Ironclad on the way. And Strikers in the works... :D

Strikers really tests your shmup skills to the extreme. You blow through the first level, and you feel proud, but by the third level, you're spamming the charge shots, and want to use the super bombs every chance you can get. Even when you think that you're going to die, with some skill, you can maneuver through the tightest of shots. You'll feel proud of yourself when the screen is filled with bullets, and you managed to not get hit by one.

Looks pretty good in pics. I don't ever remember playing it in arcades. But I have apparently played a lot of titles on big reds I forgot about because there have been many games I've bough that I started playing and suddenly remember I'd played it before.

Sorry to hear that man. If you really wanted to, you can get BS on the link for $75 shipped. I PM'd the guy on feebay and asked how low he's letting them go for, and that's how much he's willing to go.

Yeah, I figured I could get a BS from that guy for a little less than $80. He had a bunch of Kizuna's for $40 shipped and the Best Offer option would work down to $35. Figured I could do the same for BS.

But I had already started a deal with a member here. And rather than back out of it just to save a little under $10 and get an original label I stuck with the deal I had started.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Looks pretty good in pics. I don't ever remember playing it in arcades. But I have apparently played a lot of titles on big reds I forgot about because there have been many games I've bough that I started playing and suddenly remember I'd played it before.

It was its own stand up game. I couldn't tell you how many quarters I would burn to play it...but when I saw it for the MVS system, I couldn't believe it. Now I own the MVS and PS1 versions of the game. Even if you don't get the MVS version, the cheaper route is definitely PS1. The load times are short, so for a PS1 game, it is worth it.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I'm not buying anything for PS1 if I don't have to. Have a deal setup for Strikers. He's sent pics of it & it's nice. He's just going to test it out this weekend just to make sure it's still playing good. If it's still all good I'll be picking it up from him.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I don't even think I've seen a Zed Blade up for sale yet. But I've only been picking up carts for a little over a month and a half, so admittedly I've got very little experience in the frequency of any specific cart showing up.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
And I just finalized the deal for a copy of Strikers. So when Strikers, Blazing Star, Ghost Pilots, & Ironclad all show up this week I should be entertained for a little bit... ;)

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
And I just finalized the deal for a copy of Strikers. So when Strikers, Blazing Star, Ghost Pilots, & Ironclad all show up this week I should be entertained for a little bit... ;)

Man, you're going to be having a great time with those games. I started playing Ironclad again, and man do I have to get better at the game. Have fun man!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I certainly hope to be enjoying the shit outta those games. Do have a few others on the way as well. But I'm looking forward more to the shooters than the rest of them.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
It was its own stand up game. I couldn't tell you how many quarters I would burn to play it...but when I saw it for the MVS system, I couldn't believe it. Now I own the MVS and PS1 versions of the game. Even if you don't get the MVS version, the cheaper route is definitely PS1. The load times are short, so for a PS1 game, it is worth it.

Was Strikers 1945 Plus released on the PSX, as well? I know it was ported to the PSP a few years ago, but I had thought only Strikers 1 & 2 were available on the PSX.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Blazing Star was the first to show up. So that's getting warmed up in the Omega right now... :D

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Been enjoying BS a good deal.

Ghost Pilots & Ironclad just showed up. But I've gotta get to sleep now and don't even have time to test one out. Not sure which one of those two will get plugged in first... :)

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Was Strikers 1945 Plus released on the PSX, as well? I know it was ported to the PSP a few years ago, but I had thought only Strikers 1 & 2 were available on the PSX.

It wasn't Strikers 1945 Plus, it was just Strikers 1945. Both of them were very similar though. Sorry for the mix up.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Bubba, if you want something different and at the same time challenging, I'd recommend Captain Tomaday. It's so unusual, but at the same time, it's so fun! Definitely worth a search and purchase!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Strikers 1945 on the Neo is just fucking garbage.

Honestly it's easily one of the worst shooters on the Neo. Static, unimaginative backgrounds, boring enemies and just repetitive gameplay. And the graphics have this shitty-digitized-and-cutout-with-MS-Paint look to them.

I have played through my MVS cart once and then shelved it.

I have no idea why people get excited about it.

It sucks.

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Bubba, if you want something different and at the same time challenging, I'd recommend Captain Tomaday. It's so unusual, but at the same time, it's so fun! Definitely worth a search and purchase!

I'll pick it up at some point for sure. But for now it's a little lower on the list than some others. Honestly I think Viewpoint is at the top of my MVS shooter list at this moment. Pulstar is up there as well.

Strikers 1945 on the Neo is just fucking garbage.

Honestly it's easily one of the worst shooters on the Neo. Static, unimaginative backgrounds, boring enemies and just repetitive gameplay. And the graphics have this shitty-digitized-and-cutout-with-MS-Paint look to them.

I have played through my MVS cart once and then shelved it.

I have no idea why people get excited about it.

It sucks.

Ouch.

I don't fully recall if I had played it in an arcade or not before. But doesn't really matter as I've got one on the way. So I guess I'll find out for myself if I like it, or find it to be trash as you do.

But for now I'm enjoying all of the MVS shooters I have so far. Ironclad surprised me in how different it is from the shooters I'm used to. Have been enjoying it a good bit though.