MVS to AES converter crowdfunding

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
Finally ! !

:multi_co: Finally got my Converter today ! ! :mr_t:
So here is the Story:
- The first one he send with regular french post never arrived here...:hammer:
- Tried to contact him via email - no response...
- Thanks to Fox1 who figured out to contact him via IRC - that worked !
- Contacted him and he said he could send me another one of the last two that he has left
- I paid an extra 20€ for faster and "safer" shipping with Chronopost, because I wanted that thing as fast as possible to arrive here...
- He send me the tracking number and I thought okay, this will work...
- After 10 days no Converter and the shipping status @ chronopost said it wasn't even taken to the post office :blow_top:
- Contacted him again and bugged him :very_ang: after that he went to the post office again and came back after around 40min...he said the label was torn off and that they printed a new one (this was on monday 24/03/2014)
- Today the converter arrived :drool: and works perfectly...

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
:multi_co: Finally got my Converter today ! ! :mr_t:
So here is the Story:
- The first one he send with regular french post never arrived here...:hammer:
- Tried to contact him via email - no response...
- Thanks to Fox1 who figured out to contact him via IRC - that worked !
- Contacted him and he said he could send me another one of the last two that he has left
- I paid an extra 20€ for faster and "safer" shipping with Chronopost, because I wanted that thing as fast as possible to arrive here...
- He send me the tracking number and I thought okay, this will work...
- After 10 days no Converter and the shipping status @ chronopost said it wasn't even taken to the post office :blow_top:
- Contacted him again and bugged him :very_ang: after that he went to the post office again and came back after around 40min...he said the label was torn off and that they printed a new one (this was on monday 24/03/2014)
- Today the converter arrived :drool: and works perfectly...

Glad you got yours. Everything is still fishy. I mean...if this is true then like 10 packages have had their labels torn off lol.

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
...yes still fishy...I talked to him and he said that his weak point is the communication and care after the developing and engineering job is done...I can totally understand not everybody can do everything perfectly but on the other hand he is responsible for the project...and should post an update from time to time

Another possibility on IRC to contact him :-)
Server: irc.epiknet.org
Port: 6667
Channel: #dotftek

Last edited:

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks to Piwi messaging furtek, I finally got my refund. What a total shit this transaction was. BEWARE

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't know if some guys would be able to do a DIY, I don't know if he refabbed the boards with the fixes but if he didn't they will be a pain to perform plus there's some surface mount soldering as well.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Not that I particularly hold out hope, but anyone else receive anything? Almost 2 months since everything was theoretically supposed to be received, and not only do I have no package but no tracking number, no response to emails, nothing. Sucks, but hey it's the way of doing business on the internet I guess. If I get 1 bad transaction out of every 100 I do, I can live with that I guess.

Fox1

20 Year Member
My guess is....he didn't make enough of them, ran out and decided to just not make anymore. That's certainly a lot more believable then the post office losing like 15 packages.

Would also explain why he didn't hunt down the people who didn't get theirs/ignoring emails. I think he is just hoping it will blow over so he can keep the extra money without having to worry about making more. Whoever goes searching for him to ask wtf is up will get a refund after bugging him a while since it looks like he doesn't want to deal with trouble. Don't let it blow over...demand a refund....if enough people complain, he will get in trouble with indiegogo.

Also when I talked to him..he had this "whatever" attitude about the whole thing.

Edit: Also on the indiegogo page there are tons of people who haven't received theirs...even french people.

Last edited:

bdlou

Quiz Detective
I've sent several follow up E-mails and have received no response. Sigh.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd like to know as well what the hell is going on. This should have been a simple transaction for everyone.

Fox1

20 Year Member
I'd like to know as well what the hell is going on. This should have been a simple transaction for everyone.

Honestly, I don't know...he said multiple times that he would post here explaining things but he never showed up.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It doesn't sound like he's trying to make things right. What a shame.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Been offline for a bit again. Just checked in as I was curious about this.... and manes, this is messed up!

I mean if you're smart enough to produce that kind of product, then how can you not be smart enough to deal with the demand vs the supply and a little customer service?

Messed up. I too urge you guys to harass him until you get a refund, as this is not right. If not I call plane ticket........

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Jeez, this is bad. I thought everyone should of gotten there's by now after all that delay :(.

kreats

n00b
aww.. but I still want one of these converters :(

I wish furrtek would post some sort of "cleansing" post here clarifying the situation.. as I'd imagine there are many still interested in this if he could restore some trust.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I would still very much like one, feel bad for those already getting messed about though, As someone mentioned a little service and a few e mails is not a lot to ask.

kreats

n00b
if he wasn't going to be making any more - he could always open source the design or license it to more capable partners

kreats

n00b
if he wasn't going to be making any more - he could always open source the design or license it to more capable partners

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I would hope so, it's an absolute shame it turned out this way and I was really looking forward to getting one of these someday.

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Has anyone been in contact with him recently? I've sent numerous E-mails with no response now. The unit was promised months ago. We're now in the territory of theft, and that really sucks, because we know the product was made. :S

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The design is open (I'm behind the logical design, furrtek did the physical implementation and brought everything from concept to reality.)

I can't answer what is going on in terms of fulfillment, I don't know.

As far as future runs, as I understand it the sources for connectors are drying up, so that will pose some difficulty.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Wow I just saw how this went off the rails. I feel bad for those who invested. I was excited about the idea, but really had no use for the product, although it's something I may have wanted in the future.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Has anyone been in contact with him recently? I've sent numerous E-mails with no response now. The unit was promised months ago. We're now in the territory of theft, and that really sucks, because we know the product was made. :S
Last I heard from him was 3 weeks ago. He gave me a very similar account to what he gave Fox, and gave me the option of either a refund or he could send out my adapter (since somehow mine hadn't gone out at all yet -- "about 10" hadn't been mailed at all according to him). I said I still wanted the product if it was possible, so he then made up the label and sent me a .pdf copy of it so I saw my address and the tracking number. Said he would drop it at the post office the next day (the 1st) and I should see updates, that it generally took roughly a week to get to the US.

Well, it's now been 3 weeks. That tracking number does in fact say it's coming to my city, so he paid for the label. BUT, it has yet to be dropped off. And I've been messaging him on Skype baasically every day since then and no answer. Guess I should have taken the refund when it was offered, but man I kinda wanted this.

Fox1

20 Year Member
Oh, btw Indiegogo can do shit, I asked them and they basically said if you wanted to prosecute them, Indiegogo would give information.....yeah because prosecuting an international criminal for a $80 is worth it..