Gauging Interests in Custom JAMMA Adaptors

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello All,
As a new owner of a 2-slot MVS cabinet I found it extremely frustrating that I could not find a premade JAMMA PCB to Neo Geo MVS Cabinet adapter for sale on the internet. JammaBoards.com does sell these adapters but they seem to have been out of stock for quite a while now. I ended up ordering a finger board and a harness and building my own adapter. Earlier today I was discussing the possibility of constructing an additional one for another member and wanted to reach out and see if anyone else was interested in having me build them a custom adapter. I can do a small inline adapter (like the ones JammaBoards.com does not have in stock) or a harness extension cable. If you are interested let me know as I will be ordering the necessary parts by the end of next week. The more people who are interested the cheaper I can make the adapters. If I can get 5 people interested the prices would be as follows:
Inline Adapter: $27 + shipping to you
23” Harness Extension Cable Adapter: $37 + shipping to you

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Any pictures of your finished product? I dont have a cab, but would be interested in one. Would even consider some dirty hippy trading if your down!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I'd stray away from an extension harness as it adds in voltage drop and puts additional strain on the PSU. Just go with the inline adapter.

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Any pictures of your finished product? I dont have a cab, but would be interested in one. Would even consider some dirty hippy trading if your down!

Here is a picture of the harness I built for myself, it is currently wired for mono through both speakers but can easily be changed by unscrewing the wire nuts and running the left and right channels to pins L & 10. The green/gold wire to the side is for -5V directly from the PSU.
image.jpg
As for trading, PM me and we might be able to work something out.