Oregon get together?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Is there such a thing? Would love to get together with people and show how much I suck at fighting games! I'm in Salem and can convince the wife to let me go as far south as Eugene and north to Vancouver Washington. Would consider throwing a get together at my place, but that would have to be a last resort! Any input?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Man I knew Oregon sucked but damn! Is it the hippies or the rain? Great thing about the rain is it washes the patchouli smell off the damn hippies!

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
It's not so much that Oregon sucks, everyone is just lazy.
Vancouver, WA bro checking in.

Where's the rest of the Oregon crew?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
LAZY? Your the guys stoned off your asses and you call us lazy? hahahahaha. But really its because of all the damn hipsters. Most of the people that I know here in Oregon that are down with the Neo are owner/operators of the various barcades around. If memory serves, goombakid is somewhere in Portland and other then that I am not sure there are any other Oregonians lurking around. I frequent coove from time to time so maybe you need to set up a get together and I will make the journey north!

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
As a non-smoker, I know for a fact that Portlanders smoke just as much weed as Washingtonians do. haha.

Most of the arcade folks I've met from the Portland area are PAC members (Portland Arcade Collectors). I'd say a majority of them are more KLOV-type than NG-type. They're mostly into vectors, pre-JAMMA and pins, which is still pretty sweet. A few of them have open game nights every now and then. Most will donate their cabs to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo arcade every October.

I know I've seen a few other Oregon folks on here, but other than SamShoSen and Ian, I don't think I've met any of them.

If I put together a shindig, it's not going to be until the weather warms up a bit.
My setup is out in the garage and it's cold as balls out there until about April or so.
The setup might be ugly, but it works for me.

For consoles, there's a big ol' JVC tube in front of the couch and a Sony PVM-2530 that I keep inside the house that can make its way out there if necessary.

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
Oh, Salem connection! CJ sold me the big MVS a few years ago. I hear his new space is doing pretty well, but I haven't had a chance to get down there and actually experience it yet. His warehouse is pretty baller, though.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
last time i went to oregon i died of dysentery.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Are you talking CJ the owner of coin jam? I tried to join the PAC club and got a rather snooty email back pretty much saying "we don't want you cause you don't have a cab". after seeing that in the email I pretty much said f*ck those hipsters. I wanted to join up to learn and share the knowledge I have, but apparently they only care about the games and not the people who have a passion for them. When I pick my cab up I won't even reapply. It's funny cause they are acting like typicle Portlanders. The city is the "Marsha Bradey" of oregon and the people living there act the same. It's always Portland,Portland, Portland.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
As a non-smoker, I know for a fact that Portlanders smoke just as much weed as Washingtonians do. haha.

Most of the arcade folks I've met from the Portland area are PAC members (Portland Arcade Collectors). I'd say a majority of them are more KLOV-type than NG-type. They're mostly into vectors, pre-JAMMA and pins, which is still pretty sweet. A few of them have open game nights every now and then. Most will donate their cabs to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo arcade every October.

I know I've seen a few other Oregon folks on here, but other than SamShoSen and Ian, I don't think I've met any of them.

If I put together a shindig, it's not going to be until the weather warms up a bit.
My setup is out in the garage and it's cold as balls out there until about April or so.
The setup might be ugly, but it works for me.

For consoles, there's a big ol' JVC tube in front of the couch and a Sony PVM-2530 that I keep inside the house that can make its way out there if necessary.
dude sorry if i seem really uneducated but what is that really cute little capcom cab in the corner

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
last time i went to oregon i died of dysentery.
The amount of dysentery received in Oregon has been highly exaggerated over the past hundred years or so. In Portland it seems like you're more likely to die from getting hit by public transportation than anything. :rolleyes:

Are you talking CJ the owner of coin jam? I tried to join the PAC club and got a rather snooty email back pretty much saying "we don't want you cause you don't have a cab". after seeing that in the email I pretty much said f*ck those hipsters. I wanted to join up to learn and share the knowledge I have, but apparently they only care about the games and not the people who have a passion for them. When I pick my cab up I won't even reapply. It's funny cause they are acting like typicle Portlanders. The city is the "Marsha Bradey" of oregon and the people living there act the same. It's always Portland,Portland, Portland.
Yeah, Coin Jam's CJ!

PAC is what it is. Not everyone is that way and there are some cool people in there. There are a few vocal, abrasive members and there's there's no shortage of drama among some of them. But if you can manage to get past the bullshit, don't ask them to change their ways, or tell anyone they're wrong/stupid, then they're not such a bad group. I'm on the mailing list, but I mostly lurk like I do around here.

I don't have any pins or vector stuff, I enjoy weird Japanese shit, fighters, and games that were made in the 90's which makes me kind of an outcast to that group anyway. :thevt:

dude sorry if i seem really uneducated but what is that really cute little capcom cab in the corner
It's a CAPCOM Mini Cute.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

MINICUTE!

tumblr_lruqdw7KDG1qbg80vo1_1280.jpg

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
The amount of dysentery received in Oregon has been highly exaggerated over the past hundred years or so. In Portland it seems like you're more likely to die from getting hit by public transportation than anything. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it! The stupid thing to is if you the driver are 110% in the right, you will still get hung out to dry by the people and the media. The bicyclist are the worst! They act like they own the road and nothing they do is in the "wrong". I am a big advocate of sharing the roads with two wheeled vehicles as I also ride a motorcycle. But until everything bicycles is taxed like our cars and motorcycles are, then you have no say in what happens on the roads. I really wish we had more of a European thinking when it comes to our road systems. I was almost ran over while I was in Italy last year. When I asked if the driver didnt see me I was told "stupid Canadian, roads were meant for cars, if you get hit by a car while your in the road, its YOUR fault" ( I told everyone I was either Australian or Canadian when I am over seas!) But all the damn bleeding hart hippies north of me wont ever change their thinking. So to sum up portland : police brutality, sam adams (not the beer), "No gun zones", voodoo doughnuts, hipsters, homeless camps, human trafficing, and heroin.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
It's almost time for the Portland Retro gaming Expo. Need to drum up some local interest again since every year I go there is almost no love for 90s arcade scene, just consoles and pre 90s arcade, which is cool but you know... We need a get together for us like minded neo heads in the Portcouver area.