How popular are replacement labels?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Looking on arcadecrusade.com the other night for MVS marquees, I stumbled upon full color MVS labels all pretty like. Since all of my MVS carts dont have serial numbers and one is in bad shape, I thought "why not look into these". I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in the extras? No talk of price right now, just interest in the product.

Labels will be printed on adhesive backed vinyl with a solvent based printer (inkjet im assuming). I will be looking into topping these with a glossy 3mm laminate cold rolled onto them for added protection. They will be die-cut by the printers as I cant cut sh*t straight to save my life.

I think this will be the first one I have them do up. I will keep everyone updated, or those who care :loco:
MVS_label_pack10.jpg

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If you have some extras I would be interested. I need some for my carts but I don't have a printer at the moment.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Call me old fashioned but I personally prefer the original style labels. To anyone that has printed their own, what sort of paper or vinyl did you use? I plan on printing my own soon to replace some horrible looking labels on a few carts. Any specific brands/products to check out would be appreciated.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I have some read shoddy carts that need replacement labels. I was looking into either these or the original style, but we'll see how it goes. Most likely I'll keep the original style. I know Xian makes these on his site as well as the full color ones.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Xian's OG labels are real nice, gave my busted carts a new nice look. I don't care about serials really so, his labels were awesomely perfect.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So James, are you selling them? Or just hosting the files?

I've been hosting them since Grizz sent them to me in 2009 or 2010. He was having problems with Arcade Crusade so he wanted me to host them.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If a cart has a replacement label, I move on and keep looking.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I have a few games that have that shitty MS word looking spine label held on by tape. I really need to look into printing a few out, but I'll probably wait and do them in all in one shot.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I've got some replacement labels from shadowkn55 that are quite nice. They're not fancy color labels, but look like the originals w/out serial #'s. They are glossy as well. I need to figure out where he gets them from so I can get more later on.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I can also do the regular looking ones, but there are already people here selling them so I would rather not step on toes.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
The color labels that Grizz designed are quite nice. But not all of my labels need replacing. Some of them are actually pretty nice with intact serials. Hence why i'd personally probably just stick with the good quality original style ones. Because they'd fit in better with the rest of my carts that don't have replacement labels.

I've just not seen them for sale yet. Though I am still trying to figure out where to pick up MVS stuff so maybe I have just missed them.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I called the printers and they are checking into the laminate I want applied for longevity. My plan for my MVS carts are this, Every one will get a shockbox with full color cover and any carts that do not have original labels with serial will get a full color labels

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I only ever use replacement labels if I buy a cart for cheap enough that the label was already shit and needs a replacement, or has one already. I've only got two or three carts with those kinds of labels. Everything else is OG + Serial :)

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
No one ever invites replacement labels to parties.

Truer words have never been spoken. Sure if you have a Yaton cart with shitty inkjet label go to town, but if you're peeling off or pasting over an original Japanese label with some colored homebrew biz you deserve to have a lynch mod show up at your door.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I can't even see the label when I'm playing the game, so meh.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Truer words have never been spoken. Sure if you have a Yaton cart with shitty inkjet label go to town, but if you're peeling off or pasting over an original Japanese label with some colored homebrew biz you deserve to have a lynch mod show up at your door.

All my games have replacement labels. Any OG label with serials will not be harmed. Any replacement label will meet certain doom.....

Anyone looking to print up your own color labels with the files from JNX, cut your labels on the inside edge of the blue line for a perfect fit! Pictures will be up tomorrow around lunch time of the proof print!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Those have the NGH number on them which the originals do not. Guessing to make it easier to know they're replacements.

I've got some of those like that with the NGH #, and some w/out.

But he doesn't sell those, does he?

I used to but it's a time consuming process to align everything and cut them out. The label files retain the PS workability so you can always remove the NGH layers before printing.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I used to but it's a time consuming process to align everything and cut them out. The label files retain the PS workability so you can always remove the NGH layers before printing.

Did you use normal printer paper and use something like a glue stick as adhesive? Or some product like "sticker paper"?