Reproduction Mini Marquees updated 11-15-13 3PM PST

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reproduction mini marquees for sale! $10 each shipped!

If you would like to place a order for anything I don't have up here, please PM me what you would like and I will get on it.

Neo Turfmasters - SOLD to skate323k137
KOF99 - Sold to Skullz
Bang bead, blue's journey, zupapa, and MVS place holder - Sold to thieslo
Metal Slug - Sold to TravistyOJ
MVS placeholder (4) - Sold to Renmauzo
Last Resort, Metal Slug, Shock Troopers2, Alpha mission2, and neo driftout - Gifted to Mark at Classic Game Room
Viewpoint, Metal Slug 3 (custom), Nightmare in the Dark, and Alpha mission II (custom) - sold to Ash Burton

Current stock AS OF 15:13PST 11-15-13

NeoTurfmasters - QTY - 1
Magician Lord - QTY - 1
Ninja Combat - QTY - 1
Metal Slug 2 - QTY - 2
Nam-1975 - QTY -1
MVS Place Holder (white) - QTY - 2

UPDATE 11-30-13
Mark at Classic Game Room just did a review on my reproductions! go and watch it if you want to see what my prints look like in HD!

Mini Marquee Review

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Nice job man ! Do you still have the kof99 that you did?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yours is neatly tucked away in my work room. These were the ones I picked up from the printers today. I will be submitting another batch either tomorrow or Monday for Ash, if anyone else wants some let me know. I have to print 6 at a time to get a decent price on them. If it's one off the cost is something like 15+ each!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Yours is neatly tucked away in my work room. These were the ones I picked up from the printers today. I will be submitting another batch either tomorrow or Monday for Ash, if anyone else wants some let me know. I have to print 6 at a time to get a decent price on them. If it's one off the cost is something like 15+ each!

ok man thanks for reply. send me your pp via a pm.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Are you also able to get ones done for games that didn't have MM releases? Either way, I'd be down for 4 of the place holder marquees.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It's possible. All of my scans come from arcadecrusade.com and are already formatted properly so all we have to do is print, laminate, and cut. If they have to do any design work it's expensive! If you can find the scans on there let me know and I will look into it! I was hesitant to print the place holders but this little part of me kept saying "do it you dumbass!" I'm thinking I will print them up say for Ash's order is only 4 prints so I will probably print two place holders to make a set! Was thinking of trying to work out a way where if someone wanted to buy 4 or 5 prints I would throw in a place holder, but let's see what interest I get first!

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I also would like to add that Neo-turfmasta and Xian xi will be the recipients of one mini marquees of their choosing on me! They have helped me out more then I probably deserve!

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Can you clarify the process and final product?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you print to paper, then laminate, then cut to size?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I used to print them on paper and laminate. I cant remember who it was here that ripped me a new one for it, but these are as close to the original as I can get at a good price. The original material was made by Kodak and called "duratrans" see this webpage. This material is a little tricky to get here in Oregon. Side note, its 2013 and its not that easy to find places that still develop film these days! Anyways moving on.... Duratrans is/was a Kodak product that you expose like color paper and process in standard RA-4 color print chemistry and it produces a print on a frosted base that can be backlit like a transparency. It was/is extensively used to make display images for large advertising displays and trade show displays that are backlit. I have found a company that uses a similar media in conjunction with a solvent based printer (inkjet im assuming) This produces the mini marquee. I take it a step further and have them add a protective glossy 3mm laminate layer that is cold rolled on to protect the ink on the front from the oils in our skin. They also do the cutting as I cant cut sh*t straight if my life depended on it.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
thieslo - Your prints are in the works as I type this. Prints will be done and mailed tomorrow 11-5-13!

UPDATE FOR ALL: I have broken down and purchased "stayflat" envelopes from uline to help ensure that the prints reach all of you in the best conditions. I honestly dont trust USPS and do not believe they give a damn about the condition of your packages or letters arrive in as long as they arrive! THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE PRICE OF PRINTS, PRICES WILL REMAIN $10/each shipped!

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
buy 5 and I will throw in a MVS place holder :)

But honestly right now no. The company I decided to go with is considerably more then the original people I wanted to do it (quality is 10x better so I have no problem paying more). Once I get established with the printers I can squawk more about a discount and thus pass it on to y'all, but until then $10 each shipped is the best I can do (not making a penny literally). Now if you order multiple prints I will send them in the same envelope to save you $0.60 each on shipping,So at most im making $1.80 if you buy 4 prints,If you really want the discount you will have to bare knuckle box me cause that's my beer money and skinny needs beer since his pregnant wife has cut him off cold turkey!

My ultimate goal is to get quality prints out to the community that emdkay.net has neglected for the same price. If I make money, cool it will be spent on the forums, if not at least im happy to provide a quality product for people who will enjoy them!

Last edited:

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
thieslo- Your prints have shipped. You should see them in a few days!

Current stock is 3 MVS place holders, magician lord, Ninja Combat, Metal slug 2, and neo turfmasters!

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thank you kindly :) Can't wait to get them in. Will let you know once I get them. So far the best way I have seen someone send MMs to me was sandwiched between two thick pieces of cardboard that were taped together on all four sides. Then they just put it into an envelope. That sucker was small enough it fit into all standard mailboxes, and stiff enough it wouldn't bend easily.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I went overboard and ordered These from U-line through my work to send all of these out in. The first two I didnt have a good feeling seeing them shipped in an envelope, and if they show up unsatisfactory they will be replaced free of charge might I add. So Thieslo, you are my test subject to see what condition they get there in! I hope its good cause I bought a box of 100!

I should add the I bought the 6x8" envelopes and everything fits great.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Got my turf masters marquee. It lights up quite nicely. You can tell it's a repro but it's a very nice repro.

20131106_020558.jpg.jpg

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Skate - I cant make prefect ones as that would anger the community lol.

Jeffpin - your files look great, any ETA on when you will have all of them done?

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

Jeffpin - your files look great, any ETA on when you will have all of them done?

I don't have a lot of spare time to make these anymore. They each take several hours since every line and color fill is recreated by hand. Some of the more complicated MM's might be too hard to reproduce in this format.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0

:lolz: I hope you didn't take my comment as a complaint, the material itself appears to be great quality and the print is certainly satisfactory.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
:lolz: I hope you didn't take my comment as a complaint, the material itself appears to be great quality and the print is certainly satisfactory.

Oh heck no! I take it as a compliment! I made something that does the job, for what I think is a decent price, and looks good in the machine! I know they wont look like the originals but the way I see it is, even the originals don't look like the originals anymore due to some of them being printed 20+ years ago and most not being taken care of or lost! If they were carbon copies of the originals they wouldn't be as cheap, wouldn't be made as fast, and the killer is if they were indistinguishable from the originals I wouldnt be a "reproducer" I would be a "bootlegger". Now there isnt anything wrong with "bootleggers" as long as its referring to alcohol!

EDIT: And if it wasnt good enough I would have expected a negative rating in iTrader lol. I want to thank you for posting pictures of the Mini in a cab! It will definitely help the others see the final product where it was intended to be used! How is the lady liking it?

Last edited:

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't have a lot of spare time to make these anymore. They each take several hours since every line and color fill is recreated by hand. Some of the more complicated MM's might be too hard to reproduce in this format.

really beautiful. i'd love to see more.