ninja masters first impressions

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
ninja masters just arrived and I'm playing the shit out of it. MVS with a daedalus. fuck the hate. I love the art style. The gameplay is smooth but I'm having a tough time pulling off the desperation moves and nobunaga is very tough. the difficulty level feels like im playing goddamn eternal champions getting my ass kicked. I just finally managed to beat it on difficulty level 1 with kamui and I didn't even get a story ending. Usually I can pull of special/super moves but this game is frustrating the shit out of me.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Build a full meter and dial/mash out : :A::A::B::A::B::A::forw::B: with Kamui.

You'll feel like the second coming of Christ.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I use Karasu and find Ranmaru to be harder than Nobunaga. Nobunaga often overshoots and land just behind me, where I simply use qcb+punch to punish the whiff.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ranmaru you need to keep distance from with your multi crow projectile. As for Nobunaga, he's definitely easy if you block and counter. CPU doesn't think with his floating attack.

Hard fights are natsume, kaoru and Houoh.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Yeah. Forcing Ranmaru to block projectiles and take chip damage is slow but probably the safest way to beat him. Get too close and he'll ruin you fast.

I wish more people played this on Supercade, I'd like to play it more with other people to get a better feel for it.

Poppy2

n00b
I love it, such a special game but I can't pass the sixth match. Mvs difficulty, I'm trying to end the game with one credit but it's impossible for me now, playing with Sasuke, still learning...Any tips are welcome!

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I like it, played a few hours of it. NOthing amazing but good.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I DL'ed the Virtual Console version of Ninja Master's to my Wii recently and I'm really enjoying it so far. The game seems tailor made for American audiences given that its control scheme is so similar to that of Mortal Kombat II. The gratuitous amount of blood also seems like a nod to MK. BTW, I'm mostly a pad user so I've been playing Ninja Master's with the Classic Controller Pro which is perfect for the game. I also like using that controller with Samurai Shodown II and IV which I also downloaded to my Wii.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I disagree.

2 kick and 2 punch buttons, seems kinda similar. No?

Question: The announcer in Ninja Master's is female, right? Regardless, the voice is very unique and in stark contrast to the male announcers that were so prevalent in mid 90's fighting games.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Perhaps in time you will come to realize the superficial nature of your observation.

You went kind of easy on that one, you feeling ok?

Asid, you have an uncanny ability to be present just at the right time to crush this sort of ignorance whenever it appears. Hats off