Don't laugh - PSP 1000 help

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Like the title says, I need some help. I dug out my PSP 1000 from it's slumber in a tote in the basement. I had a friend hack it with (don't laugh) devhook 1.5 about 6 or so years ago, I've got snes, nes & genny emu's but I want a turbografx/PC emulator. Can anyone give me some help/direction?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I saw and tried that last night, but got "The game could not be started (80020001)". Maybe I don't have everything in the right folders?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
wait, I've never used chat, but i tried to log in tonight and it says I'm banned? How does that work?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
wait, I've never used chat, but i tried to log in tonight and it says I'm banned? How does that work?

Chat's messed up, we're all "banned"

I had a few errors with "The game could not be started (80020001)" back in the day... sometimes it came down to bad memory card or bad USB cable... my PSP was INSANELY picky about which USB cables it would like for long enough to receive data correctly. Thats assuming your mod etc. is all OK.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
all the other emu's play fine, I don't use a usb, I just plug my card into my card reader and then move it back into the psp after file transfer.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
You no longer have to install a custom firmware for emulators or piracy or remain on official firmware 1.50.

When the PS3 was cracked a few years ago... The firmware was decrypted, guess what they found inside? Yup, Sony's private key for the PSP!

It seems to be able to do remote play the PS3 needed to sign and send data to the PSP... It had to be signed so the system would accept it as official and bootable.
Now that we have the key, you can just sign your homebrew emulators and pirated eboot's with it, retail PSP don't know the difference.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
You no longer have to install a custom firmware for emulators or piracy or remain on official firmware 1.50.

When the PS3 was cracked a few years ago... The firmware was decrypted, guess what they found inside? Yup, Sony's private key for the PSP!

It seems to be able to do remote play the PS3 needed to sign and send data to the PSP... It had to be signed so the system would accept it as official and bootable.
Now that we have the key, you can just sign your homebrew emulators and pirated eboot's with it, retail PSP don't know the difference.

How does this get me Bonk & Devils Crush on my PSP?

vandalpir8

New Challenger
10 Year Member
if you're trying to launch an ISO make sure you have an ISO launcher, if you're still on stock 1.50. if you're on a newer CFW, either make sure there's a UMD in the tray or option it so you don't require a UMD in the tray to launch ISO's

The file structure should be: MSroot: ISO/game.iso
for emulators, it should be: MSroot: PSP/Game/emulator/emulator.pbp