NEO GEO Style original MUSIC ;)

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Just had a quick listen your songs Mr Lord tibor,its good effort

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sounds more Capcom than SNK. Difference between SNK and Capcom is Power Chords.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
XX is right they sound Capcomish, but man, Ghetto Villians gets me pumped!

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
thank you for the feedback guys! :D
it really surprises me that you felt them to be capcomish! well, if they resemble old capcom sf2 music I understand, but I thought that newer capcom music sounded a bit different! could you give me some examples of capcom musics of this kind? ^^

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
thank you for the feedback guys! :D
it really surprises me that you felt them to be capcomish! well, if they resemble old capcom sf2 music I understand, but I thought that newer capcom music sounded a bit different! could you give me some examples of capcom musics of this kind? ^^

Capcom is known for having cleaner tones on their guitar work where SNK likes to use distortion and a lot of power chords. SNK also likes hard hitting drums. Just listen to all the KOF songs and then listen to some Street Fighter songs.

Here's two good examples of similar songs. Both use power chords and palm muting but the SNK is more crunchy and Capcom one is cleaner.

KOF 96:

Street Fighter:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You're comparing AST versions, which takes a lot of liberties with the original source. I'd say the main difference in Capcom and SNK music is that (at least in the 90s), SNK liked to use actual guitars in their music, while Capcom liked to use keyboards that either sounded like guitars, or were meant to be played in the same vein as a guitar (lots of 4ths and 5ths). The Mega Man X series was a good example of this. SNK would use actual instruments (later), but they would be so compressed because of file limitations. It was still cool to hear them back then, though.