MVS RARE AND VALUABLE!

plasmapants

Rugal's Thug
so guys what are the most valuable and rarest games for the mvs.
it took me quite a while picking up magician lord and nam 75 even though they are common as muck on the aes so i suppose these maybe classed as rare? i dont see many pulstars around either.
so really the question im asking is how long have you looked for a certain game and how much have you had to pay

Heath

, cheyne stoking
I think its more to do with hanging on to them rather than rare, especially with Magician Lord.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Pulstar
Andro Dunos
Fight Fever
Ganryu
Irritating Maze
Legend of Success Joe
Neo Mr. Do
Nightmare in the Dark
Prehistoric Isle 2
Sengoku 2
Zupapa!
Viewpoint
Twinkle Star Sprites

These are based on my watching sales for the past two years.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Pulstar
Andro Dunos
Fight Fever
Ganryu
Irritating Maze
Legend of Success Joe
Neo Mr. Do
Nightmare in the Dark
Prehistoric Isle 2
Sengoku 2
Zupapa!
Viewpoint
Twinkle Star Sprites

These are based on my watching sales for the past two years.

:(

Having always been fond of arcade shooters and just getting into MVS carts that's not really what I want to see on your list... Especially as I've wanted Viewpoint on a Neo ever since it was released.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I don't see v-liner come up too often.

SSVS seems to have gotten sparse too... although I just sold my copy last month.

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
kind of a difficult market to understand. good question.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Pulstars are only rare because they're the main dietary staple of pandas.
Pochi and Nyaa seems to be a bit of a pain to track down. Early release Ninja Commando (not Combat) sees frequent gaps in availability too.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I think SSVS is the most valuable cart.

I have rarely seen a WakuWaku 7.
I find Crossed Sword to be pretty rare too along with the others posted.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Pochi and Nyaa has been poached to near extinction. A few years back, otaku.com was making and selling copies of AES conversions of this game almost every other month.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
... so really the question im asking is how long have you looked for a certain game and how much have you had to pay

Imho, on the NEO, all the fun games that I play a lot have been good and cheap.

Don't spend much time playing my Rares and Uncommons.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Multicarts solve that problem nicely. Tri b4 u bi.

Last edited:

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
No mention of Super Dodge Ball yet?

That was one of the hardest games for me to track down, and it's usually quite expensive.

I disagree regarding WakuWaku7. It's seems pretty common in Japan, so if you go for the Japanese cart, you can get it pretty easily for 50$ or less

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I think Pleasure Goal is also pretty uncommon.

Worst game i ever tried on the MVS :loco:

Last edited:

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
I think Pleasure Goal is also pretty uncommon.

Worst game i ever tried on the MVS :loco:

Haha, yeah, I take back that thing about Dodge Ball being the worst to find.
Pleasure Goal is really rare, and not even released in Japan for MVS.

Was quite happy when I finally got that cart.

plasmapants

Rugal's Thug
thanks for all your input guys, i thought this would be quite an interesting question, there are many games on the mvs that people class as rare and yet i come across these quite often like nightmare in the dark, strikers1945+, flipshot, pre isle2 ect
one i never see very often is samurai spirits 5! what sort of value does that hold when it come up?

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Pulstars are only rare because they're the main dietary staple of pandas.
Pochi and Nyaa seems to be a bit of a pain to track down. Early release Ninja Commando (not Combat) sees frequent gaps in availability too.

I'm curious to know how rare Ninja Commando is. I've been wanting to play that game for years, but is it good and or worth it?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
thanks for all your input guys, i thought this would be quite an interesting question, there are many games on the mvs that people class as rare and yet i come across these quite often like nightmare in the dark, strikers1945+, flipshot, pre isle2 ect
one i never see very often is samurai spirits 5! what sort of value does that hold when it come up?

Nightmare in the Dark and Prehistoric Isle 2 do seem to be becoming more rare, most likely because the carts are in high demand. You're right, though. Strikers 1945 Plus and Flip Shot come up for sale quite often (especially in Europe).

Edit:
I'm curious to know how rare Ninja Commando is. I've been wanting to play that game for years, but is it good and or worth it?

Ninja Commando is a simple action game. It plays a lot like Shock Troopers, Mercs, or Commando, but the ninjas can use secret ninja powers. Much like Shock Troopers or NAM 1975, the characters can evade attacks quite easily. The game is quite fun, and the poorly translated dialogue/cut scenes make for some enjoyable retro nostalgia (classic Neo Geo). I personally love Ninja Commando.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So far as I see with the MVS somewhat rare and valuable go hand in hand.... but I presume things will change in the future .... just like what happened with the super nintendo... something extremely common may become more valuable than much more obscure and rare items. But this will happen only when cmvs comes more popular and affordable for the average gamer.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Don't know if any mvs cart is really rare. You can find most carts pretty easily depending on what you're willing to pay of course. The kit thing is a different world. I think I haven't seen a Magician Lord kit for sale probably never on these forums or ebay.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

SDB was until a few years ago.I remember when shawn was 'selling nos kits of the game.Other then 'that i bought one asap before it all sold out.Still,nitd and ssvs seem to be the most rare ones to find these days.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

There are three copies of Pleasuregoal mvs carts on ebay right now. That's not exactly rare.