Gunlord Snap Cases

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Got my JP one couple days ago, looks good.

As for the story behind the snaps, this is my side of the story long before the reveal.

NGDEV as you know didn't want to sac any more AES carts to make new AES releases. They found out through some channels that there was an SNK "source". NGDEV contacted "the source" to see if he could possibly get AES shells and snaps. When the source confirmed that he could NGDEV was happy that they will now be able to have new AES releases without saccing any carts. The source then located a warehouse in Japan through old contacts that housed the remaining stock of SNK snaps. The source then needed the funds to pay for said snaps to be shipped to his location. That is when the source decided to sell some "pre-production" AES games at the tune of $8k each as that is all he needed to secure the snaps. You guys know the rest.

That's all that I was told back then before everything hit the fan. I honestly don't care if these are repops or genuine, it's a brand new snaplock and it's fucking nice. I'd rather have a source for snaps and shells for future Neo games than people saccing AES carts to make newer games. Doing it the old way isn't really adding to the Neo geo game count but instead reducing the amount of original neo geo games out there.

The only problem is that now we're supporting a scumbag cockroach by buying these cases or anything that includes these cases, which I for one, won't do. A sign of the times I guess.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The only problem is that now we're supporting a scumbag cockroach by buying these cases or anything that includes these cases, which I for one, won't do. A sign of the times I guess.

Well, the ones for Gunlord were purchased prior to everything so it isn't new revenue for him after everything.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Agreed, there is nothing wrong with the new snaps, They look great. It would be good if they were made available to buy like shock boxes.
It would be even better if they were made to look a little more different from the SNK originals... but well, the AES market is fucked, even more than before. DG strikes again...

Well, the ones for Gunlord were purchased prior to everything so it isn't new revenue for him after everything.
Perhaps no revenue, but keeping him in business... and there will (hopefully) be more NGDEV releases.

Heck if someone started manufacturing something similar as an alternative to shock boxes I'd be all over that, I'd likely go ahead and clothe my now naked collection.
Windy Sleeves, NeoMini Boxes.

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Perhaps no revenue, but keeping him in business... and there will (hopefully) be more NGDEV releases.

Windy Sleeves, NeoMini Boxes.

Well NGDEV, I believe, bought enough to furnish a number of major releases, so they won't have to go back TOO soon, I doubt at this point they would be excited about going through all this crap all over again.

Also Windy's and Neominis are nice products, but they aren't quite the same, they still feel a little too "cardboard boxy" for me. Been thinking about Windy's nonetheless, but thats less like "clothing" and more like "Protection".

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Just received both insert Gunlord version with cases. Very pleased :)

It's hard to believe that I've been playing this game for over a year and a half already and many of you are just now getting a taste of it. It's nice to see that the frustration that has been building over the past couple of years is finally subsiding and everyone finally has a chance to enjoy this great game. I've been getting back into it over the past couple of weeks and it's amazing how good it really is. Lots of replay value IMO.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
It's hard to believe that I've been playing this game for over a year and a half already and many of you are just now getting a taste of it. It's nice to see that the frustration that has been building over the past couple of years is finally subsiding and everyone finally has a chance to enjoy this great game. I've been getting back into it over the past couple of weeks and it's amazing how good it really is. Lots of replay value IMO.
:) Okay, thanks for suggest me. I don't have much time for now because of work but I will find the time to play this great game. I always look gameplay in youtube ;)

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
I was originally going to post this in the Gunlord thread but it's been locked so this seems like the best place.

I have never heard of any NG: Dev games only playing on certain production number AES consoles but this guy claims other wise:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gunlord-Neo...0552?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c3aa67058

Doesn't make much sense for GL to only work on some systems. I was wondering what you guys thought. Dumb ass buyer, dirty system....?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
"Idiots!" is what I think.

Guess the previous buyer just wanted to back out of the deal.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's possible the power supply was either dying or just insufficient.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That is quite a markup though. It could be just buyer's remorse. The serial number of my home system is just below 20 thousand and it works fine.