New around here, but had an AES back in the day...

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Every time I read reviews of the Omega, it really makes me want to pick one up, but boy does that steep price scare me off pretty consistently. Someday I'm sure I'll suck it up and take the plunge.

Steep price? Sure, it's not super cheap. But it's no more than the price of an Xbox One. It's less than the price of a new AES when those were around. I thought it was pretty reasonable considering the pricing of other ways you can get into MVS carts. Anyway, I am very pleased with my decision to go the Omega route. Easily the best gaming decision I've made in years.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Steep price? Sure, it's not super cheap. But it's no more than the price of an Xbox One. It's less than the price of a new AES when those were around. I thought it was pretty reasonable considering the pricing of other ways you can get into MVS carts. Anyway, I am very pleased with my decision to go the Omega route. Easily the best gaming decision I've made in years.

I think part of that is that I have a converter for my AES already, so while it is not perfect, it is already paid for.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yeah for what you get with the Omega the price is more than reasonable. Cleaned and maintenanced MVS motherboard w/ new cabs and battery mod, internal PSU, custom high quality shell made in the USA, encoders, UniBios, cables... you can't beat the price on that.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Yeah for what you get with the Omega the price is more than reasonable. Cleaned and maintenanced MVS motherboard w/ new cabs and battery mod, internal PSU, custom high quality shell made in the USA, encoders, UniBios, cables... you can't beat the price on that.

Agreed. Nice piece of equipment. Worth the cost in my opinion.

And xsq, I do believe that you wanted a pic of my Xbox One Day One Limited Edition (still sealed in the box) being used as a stand for my Omega...

DSCN1161_zpsb94ed648.jpg

I've really got to pick up some more shelving to get things properly setup. Until then the Xbone makes for a good Omega stand. :lolz:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

Hearing this and bubbas praise of the Omega, I think I'll save up for one! It sounds very quality!

And xsq, I do believe that you wanted a pic of my Xbox One Day One Limited Edition (still sealed in the box) being used as a stand for my Omega...

DSCN1161_zpsb94ed648.jpg

I've really got to pick up some more shelving to get things properly setup. Until then the Xbone makes for a good Omega stand. :lolz:

Nice stand! Is the Xbone set up or still providing support for the Omega?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Nice stand! Is the Xbone set up or still providing support for the Omega?

As you can see in the pic the Xbone is still sealed. Never been out of the box. I got it on release day. And just took that pic right before I posted it today. xsq had asked in someone else's thread to see pics of me actually using the Xbone as a stand for my Omega to keep it off the carpet. And there is sits... :lolz: I've got no desire yet to open the Xbone. Rather just toss a cart in the Omega and fire that up instead. I even have a copy of Ryse for the Xbone. It's still sealed as well.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cool pic! Thanks. Sums up my feelings for the current gen pretty elegantly ;)

Don't understand your rationale in preordering the Xbone if it's just going to sit there... but that's your thing.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
cool pic! Thanks. Sums up my feelings for the current gen pretty elegantly ;)

Welcome. Figured I'd post the pic here and not in the thread you asked for it. Didn't need to pollute Skinny's collection thread anymore than I already did... :lolz:

Don't understand your rationale in preordering the Xbone if it's just going to sit there... but that's your thing.

I preordered it when they announced there being a Day One Limited Edition console. Figured I got my $ worth out of my 360 & original Xbox so why not get an Xbone. So I preordered the Day One Edition without there being much anything said about it yet as it was too early. Also I had no idea what games were going to be around on launch.

Anyway, before the Xbone was released I decided to use a bonus to get back into a Neo Geo as 20 years without one was far too long. So I got an Omega and went kinda crazy. And by the time the Xbone came out I had 30 MVS carts for my Omega and no real desire to play any of the Xbone launch titles.

So I've just enjoyed my return to Neo life and haven't felt the need to even open the Xbone yet. It'll get opened and used at some point. But for now it makes a good Omega stand. Also fun to mess with people to show 'em what I use my Xbone for... :D

NeoGeoAddicted

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Well, here's the first wave of MVS stuff that I've picked up. I've got another 8 more carts on the way as well as another boxed original style stick. And trying really hard to resist the urge to pick even more up...

Nice candy :P

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
You haven't messed up yet... I'm proud of you... sorta...

..However, I'm half afraid your rampant AES buying will burn you out... yep... I keep an eye on you fooks...

As for the registration system... it's mainly to stop spambots and new guys getting into trouble... You join, read the forums... and see how life works here...

...As I have always stated... only the strong and prob slightly insane last here...

Have fun lads... I'll be in chat if you need me...

xROTx

Well Rot, for some reason I was reminded of this post of yours from almost 3 years back and how you thought my "rampant AES buying" (was MVS, but watevs) was gonna burn me out and I'd disappear. Yet I'm still around, even after finishing a full official MVS set just over a year ago. At some point I'll pick up the couple NGDev games I'm missing, but I've not felt a need to rush that.

Honestly have not regretted doing a fullset. Only kinda regret not doing it sooner when carts were much cheaper. Or at the very least going after the big $ carts first as those jumped in price rather quickly in the 2 years it took me from starting MVS to finishing the official set.

I do still wanna find myself a nice 4-slot big red at some point. But that'll probably wait until either I buy a place w/moar room. Or sell off my Gauntlet II cab and setup a 4-slot where that's currently sitting.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
tldr: "suck it rot im a mother********** king"

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
he's trivializing your perceived integrity, throw him in jail.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
he's trivializing your perceived integrity, throw him in jail.

I don't care Sylvie... I'm just bored... amongst other things...

I don't believe Blubba_Balls necrobumped a thread just to say "I told you so... HEY HEY!!!"

I hope he hasn't any ongoing deals... just incase i'm in one of my mercurial moods...

xROTx

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hay bubz, I finally got that Duo fixed 100%. Iz awesome!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I don't care Sylvie... I'm just bored... amongst other things...

I don't believe Blubba_Balls necrobumped a thread just to say "I told you so... HEY HEY!!!"

I hope he hasn't any ongoing deals... just incase i'm in one of my mercurial moods...

xROTx

Rot, the whole point of updating my intro thread was me being a bit proud of the fact that I didn't end up a worthless fuckin burnout like you feared might happen. That's it. Sylvie's comment, while not rly having anything to do with what my intentions were was just an amusing post.

Hay bubz, I finally got that Duo fixed 100%. Iz awesome!

Much goos. Took ya a bit to git er done huh? Glad yer happy w/the trade.

And HMG, I've forgotten all what Gohung said was wrong w/it but it did need a recap at the minimum. It was a Duo that I'd had for I think it was 9 years and had never used it at all. I needed a PS2 for a gift for someone so traded the Duo to Gohung for a nice PS2. I was happy to be rid of a Duo I didn't need, Gohung was happy to git a Duo, and the person I gave the PS2 to was happy they could once again play their favorite PS1 game from childhood. Was goos for all involved.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, the caps were leaking, which I replaced, and I did an rgb mod. It had issues reading disks too and it was beyond my ability and patience at that point, so I finally sent it to chop/jetblue and he fixed her up. Just got it back a couple of weeks ago.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Damn, forgot I had photofuckit pics in this thread. :( Should fix that I 'spose. Prolly should just take some new pics as ballz & berry had asked for newer pics. And now that I've finished picking up carts it'd be more appropriate for new pics...