New around here, but had an AES back in the day...

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
My advice… slow the fook down…. play your games…

Or you'll end up like some of the guys around here…. spent too much… can't feed the kids… wife leaves 'em…

xROTx

PS. Alternatively… you could end up one jaded old fook… err… like some of the old OLD wrinklies around here...

Hahaha. Yeah, I've picked up a few too many games in one shot in a manner of speaking. But between going 20 years w/out a Neo & only having had 2 AES carts the entire time I had an AES I was a little, eh..., over excited at finally having the chance to have more than 2 Neo games. :)

And other than the KoF titles I've been playing them all. I feel like waiting on the KoF titles until I have them all. Been getting home from work, tossing a cart in the Omega and having a go at it for a while. Then throwing another cart in for a while, and so on. Quite fun IMO...

I have slowed down a bit though. I think it's been 2 days since I've bought an MVS cart. ;) Seriously though, I've resisted buying a few more carts I see up for sale here. There are a lot of carts available right now that I want to get. But only so much $ I can put towards them. My bonus has been used on the initial outlay for the Omega, 10 carts, boxed OG stick from Japan, & 15 Shocks w/inserts. Bought the few more carts over the weekend and earlier in the week with some spare $ from last weeks paycheck. Planning on trying to limit it to $100 or so per paycheck now. Maybe $200 on the checks I don't have any bills to pay.

I'd probably be a lot worse on holding back on new carts if I could order up Shocks for all of them. But I cleaned out Southtown's stock of black Shocks. So I'll wait until they're restocked probably before I pick up much else.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I've slowed down the new cart buying a good bit. But still this is what things are looking like now...

DSCN1145_zpscd693de2.jpg

My Viewpoint & FFS aren't on the shelf yet. Don't have a Shock for the FFS. And Viewpoint is in the mail and not here. And there's a Genesis game sitting there temporarily until I get some more shelving and get things setup better (I've not bothered fully moving into my place yet).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I hope you don't get your Viewpoint before Christmas, don't want to see a thread about how you threw the Christmas dinner out the window. ;)

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I hope you don't get your Viewpoint before Christmas, don't want to see a thread about how you threw the Christmas dinner out the window. ;)

:lolz:

I think he got it shipped out Thursday. So it might show up before Christmas... :D

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
...Whoa. That is pretty extreme! That makes my AES/MVS collection look like nothing! I definitely hope you get everything you want!

:lolz: Yeah, I went a little nuts when I started picking stuff up in mid-October. I've slowed down a lot now. Only bought one new cart in the last week!... Hahaha. So far I've picked up a decent amount of the games I had wanted before I started picking them up. Mostly now wanna finish out the Fatal Fury & KoF series. Which shouldn't be too hard as I already have Garou & there doesn't seem to be any expensive KoF titles. Really waiting for my Viewpoint to show up. Hopefully tomorrow it's here so I can ruin my Christmas... :lolz:

Really nice additions to the collection (in those two months), bubba :)

It's mostly common stuff I've picked up so far besides MotW & Viewpoint. Though I was pretty happy with those two purchases as I got decent deals on both. But I've been enjoying them all so far. Even Jockey Grandprix is oddly amusing. I think I played JGP for a few hours straight when I plugged it in. Though I have yet to try playing the soccer or baseball games. Not 100% sure what I'll think of those.

I guess I wan't too fond of Sam Sho III. I have liked all of the rest of them better. But reading up a little more on SS III it seems I'd be better off playing it 2P. And that hasn't happened yet, and probably won't happen much if ever.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Baseball Stars 2 is prolly the greatest baseball video game ever made. It's super boss.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I don't have Baseball Stars 2 yet, nor have I ever played it. So I'll have to figure that one out for myself at a later date. I did used to like Super Baseball 2020 back when it was new.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Man, I've been hearing so much good stuff about BS2 that I decided to try and pick it up. Haven't found myself a cart yet though...
Last game I bought based on suggestions was Neo Turf Masters, haven't been disappointed ;) If you don't have it yet, I highly recommend it. Will add some variety to your collection, something to play in between fighters (besides smups and Driftout ^^).

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I'm not ruling any MVS games out. Kinda loosely going for a complete licensed MVS set. Just been picking up games cheap when someone has something else I want. That's how I ended up with a couple of soccer games so far. They were $30 or less and were picked up along with other games I did really want. Have been trying to pick up games in batches to save on shipping.

So while I'm not into golf or golf games I'll be picking Neo Turf Masters at some point. It's higher on my list than Top Players Golf due to all of the good things I hear about it.

And oddly enough my Viewpoint from Mr. Burton showed up today. I'd heard a doorbell earlier and figured it was just some religious nut again trying to get me to convert to whatever they're pushing. Just now went upstairs and checked the door to see what kinda religious garbage was left at the door. But all I saw was a Priority Mail package on the porch. :D I didn't know they were delivering mail today. Must be just because of the holiday load they're delivering on a Sunday.

Gona try and ruin my Christmas now... :lolz:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I don't have Baseball Stars 2 yet, nor have I ever played it. So I'll have to figure that one out for myself at a later date. I did used to like Super Baseball 2020 back when it was new.

The first is good, if you look at it after playing the NES one, you'll really enjoy it. Plus it has all female teams. 2020 I haven't touched it much but heard it had a fantastic single player season. Baseball Stars 2 will blow you away, literally. I'm not joking when I say it's the best baseball game ever, it shines in both 1p and 2p. I don't even like the sport of baseball, that's how great this game is.

neoluis

n00b
Nice story man, how long it took your account to activated ? I'm new here as well and I can't wait to be able to PM , I want to buy carts my collection is very lame right , kof2003, SSIII , 161 in 1 cart .
Welcome to the forum.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
After waiting for a month & half for my account to be fully activated someone else PM'd a mod for me and got me taken care of. So I've really no idea how it's normally done as it seems my account wasn't activated as they normally are.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
have fun with viewpoint!

Tried to. But it was having issues. :( Popped the boards out and cleaned up the pins, but that only lengthened the time it seemed to run before it'd freeze up. Going to take the boards out again and wash them entirely. If that still doesn't fix it I'm not sure what to do about it... :(

neoluis

n00b
After waiting for a month & half for my account to be fully activated someone else PM'd a mod for me and got me taken care of. So I've really no idea how it's normally done as it seems my account wasn't activated as they normally are.

Thanks , I guest I'll just have to be a little patience.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
After waiting for a month & half for my account to be fully activated someone else PM'd a mod for me and got me taken care of. So I've really no idea how it's normally done as it seems my account wasn't activated as they normally are.(

You haven't messed up yet... I'm proud of you... sorta...

..However, I'm half afraid your rampant AES buying will burn you out... yep... I keep an eye on you fooks...

As for the registration system... it's mainly to stop spambots and new guys getting into trouble... You join, read the forums... and see how life works here...

...As I have always stated... only the strong and prob slightly insane last here...

Have fun lads... I'll be in chat if you need me...

xROTx

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
You haven't messed up yet... I'm proud of you... sorta...

..However, I'm half afraid your rampant AES buying will burn you out... yep... I keep an eye on you fooks...

:lolz: Good to know i'm doin ok around here... Certainly a good bit different than other forums I'm on, or have ever been on.

Though I've not bought an AES cart in 22 years. And even then I never really bought an AES cart by itself. I only ever had the 2 games that came with my AES Gold System. So while I wish I had the kinda $ to pick all of those up in AES, they're just all cheap MVS loose carts w/Shocks... Sure there's an exception or two to the loose or cheap as the MS4 & JGP I got as a NOS kit, MotW was a kit, and a few of the other just aren't as cheap.

Anyway, I have slowed down a great deal now. Trying to enjoy each game as I get it. Though my issues with the Viewpoint I just picked up have put a bit of a damper on the fun the last couple of days.

Mario76

n00b
The Omega CMVS looks really nice mate well done on getting that. I can't decide whether or not to get a converter for my AES or buy a CMVS but looking at yours I may just get one now.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I went back and forth about the AES & converter or CMVS. A nice CIB AES & converter would've cost more than the Omega did. And it didn't seem that any of the converters worked 100% on 100% of the games.

So, rather than mess with finicky converters or end up with games they wouldn't run I just went for the Omega. I couldn't be happier with it. I'm sure you'd be happy with one too if you go that route.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I went back and forth about the AES & converter or CMVS. A nice CIB AES & converter would've cost more than the Omega did. And it didn't seem that any of the converters worked 100% on 100% of the games.

So, rather than mess with finicky converters or end up with games they wouldn't run I just went for the Omega. I couldn't be happier with it. I'm sure you'd be happy with one too if you go that route.

Every time I read reviews of the Omega, it really makes me want to pick one up, but boy does that steep price scare me off pretty consistently. Someday I'm sure I'll suck it up and take the plunge.