Best EURO SCART Switch for use with XRGB Mini?

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Xian Xi built me a custom cable that plugs directly to the XRGB-Mini DIN port and has a Male scart end that i plugged directly in my SCART switch to avoid the XRGB mini scart cable. You can probably ask him to make you a custom cable with your specs , he is really good .

Thanks for the tip; I'll email him!

Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions; I really hope I can get this thing working.

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For the bandbridge input 5 uses inputs and outputs.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
RCA on ebay made me one, so she is an option also. Just ask her to put a male scart end on this instead of the female:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-X...r-Euro-SCART-to-XRGB-Mini-8-pin-/201199876700

She might charge you a few more bucks if you want it longer.

I wanted to pop back in and say that I did the same, and had RCA make me a 2 foot Male Scart to the XRGB Mini connector. It works perfectly, and I can't tell the difference between my setup with the Bandridge in it vs not in it. Works extremely well.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I just bought a Bandridge 3 Way Scart Box VSB7713 to use with my xrgb mini and as a heads up to everyone here it's garbage! The image is darkend quite a bit and your end up with a chequered pattern on the image which really ruins the quality, also for some reason my ps1 wouldn't even work via the switch but is fine when inserted directly into the scaler.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271576859569?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Lucky for my I only paid £5.00 so it's no big waste, guess it's the Hama 100 for me then!

nam9

Zero's Secretary
I've had good success with the Bandridge 5-øway (plus 5th port fix) but presently happy with the Joytech AV Control Center 2. Powered unit, boosts weak audio signal for my PCE and worked well with partially wired scart inputs. Only issue i have is that scart in audio is only passed to scart out. No sound on the RCA breakout...

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Just bought Hamas 100s to use with the mini. It work fine with my aes and the genesis but it won't work with the omega. The omega produces only sound but no picture. It's like this with aĺl the the inputs. Does anybody have this issue and how to resolve this issue? Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product as it is also cheaply make. Currently looking into shinybow...but 200 bucks for a scart switch is hard to swallow at the moment

nam9

Zero's Secretary
Best follow the gscartsw thread over at Assemblergames... Hardly cheap, but not Shinybow expensive...

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
So the 3-way Brandridge went in the trash and I recieved a brand new old stock MadCatz scart selector from Italy today. Whilst I initially felt really lucky to score one of these after reading glowing reviews, I am sadly disappointed. I get slight interference on the image, the picture isn't darkend like it was on the Brandridge but the noise is noticeable especially if you disable the scan lines. Secondly just as with the othe switch I had my PS1 won't even display a picture yet works fine when connect directly to my Xrgb mini. I'm getting to the stage were I'm just going to manually swap cables over :(

Edit:
The omega produces only sound but no picture. It's like this with aĺl the the inputs. Does anybody have this issue and how to resolve this issue

For my Omega I had to use a Sync Stripper since the Omega uses composite video for sync and not raw c sync. Shadow was kind enough to build me an Omega scart cable with an integrated sync cleaner but you can also get a mini din to scart adapter with one included.

Edit 2:
I've tested my Omega with the MadCatz switch and it works perfectly, there is no noticeable loss in picture quality, it's bizzare as my snes has noise and my ps1 won't display an image but works ok when connected directly to the xrgb mini. I guess the switch just doesn't like the cables. My Snes scart lead is a high quality one from retro gaming accessories so that leaves me puzzled :(

Last edited:

kotter

n00b
I just got my Hama 100s and plugged it in along with all my systems but got no audio or sync.
Opened it up only to find no connections at all going to the sync and audio lines of the output connector... Maybe it isn't supposed to be used the way I wanted or something went seriously wrong when manufacturing this thing but I added a couple of wires and now it works like a charm.
Other than that I'm happy with the output and build quality.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
I just bought a Bandridge 3 Way Scart Box VSB7713 to use with my xrgb mini and as a heads up to everyone here it's garbage! The image is darkend quite a bit and your end up with a chequered pattern on the image which really ruins the quality, also for some reason my ps1 wouldn't even work via the switch but is fine when inserted directly into the scaler.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271576859569?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Lucky for my I only paid 」5.00 so it's no big waste, guess it's the Hama 100 for me then!

Had exactly the same problem with the auto version of the Bandridge 3 slot switch: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...es-Out-There&p=3917498&viewfull=1#post3917498

I also have the manual Bandridge 5 slot and that works fine and is more convenient than daisy chaining 3 slotters together - would be keen to get another one however they do not seem to be available anylonger.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Dunno if I am missing something but $130 for a scart switch offering just one slot more than a AV100S for $10-15 does not seem like good value.
My Hama 100s is generating noise. I tried several 100's and they all have this problem.

Can you elaborate on the noise issue? Do you mean audio buzz or some interference in the video?
It's noise, you can see it very clearly where there are large shapes of color. It gets this pattern over it. A bit hard to describe, if i have time i can make some screenshots of it.
When i swap out the Hama 100s and connect it direct to my Framemeister, it's gone.

Also ruled out the SCART cables i'm using from the Hama 100S to the Framemeister, because even when i put that SCART cable between the cable out of the console and into the Framemeister with 2 female-female extenders it's still noise free.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most times, the noise will come from improper grounds in the switch/converter. When using custom made cables a lot of times not all the grounds are connected and some switches are the same. I'd open it up and confirm all the grounds are the same.

Most times, the noise will come from improper grounds in the switch/converter. When using custom made cables a lot of times not all the grounds are connected and some switches are the same. I'd open it up and confirm all the grounds are the same.
Thanks, gonna check that out!

Sorry for the bump, but i stumbled upon another really weird issue.

This only happens with my Gamecube and Sega Saturn cables (bought from retrogamingcables). I actually tried several Saturn cables.

If i connect these to my Hama 100S, which is hooked up to the XRGB Mini, the picture looks great, no visible noise whatsoever. When i start to daisy chain my two Hama 100S units, the signal gets noise that looks like a sort of moving moire effect.

Now here comes the strange part!

You might think the scart cables that connect the Hama units are faulty. I tried swapping these cables with high quality ones, but no luck. Also checked if one of the Hama units was causing the noise, but it was perfectly fine. So i connected all my other consoles (NES, SNES, SMS, Megadrive, PS1, Dreamcast) and none of these have problems with the noise, even when i daisy chain. The picture is clear and noise-free!

There must be something weird happening with the combination of the Gamecube/Saturn cable and daisy chaining the scart switchers.

Any idea what his could be? There's nothing wrong with the cables or the Hama switchers, i totally ruled that out now.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Sorry for the bump, but i stumbled upon another really weird issue.

This only happens with my Gamecube and Sega Saturn cables (bought from retrogamingcables). I actually tried several Saturn cables.

If i connect these to my Hama 100S, which is hooked up to the XRGB Mini, the picture looks great, no visible noise whatsoever. When i start to daisy chain my two Hama 100S units, the signal gets noise that looks like a sort of moving moire effect.

Now here comes the strange part!

You might think the scart cables that connect the Hama units are faulty. I tried swapping these cables with high quality ones, but no luck. Also checked if one of the Hama units was causing the noise, but it was perfectly fine. So i connected all my other consoles (NES, SNES, SMS, Megadrive, PS1, Dreamcast) and none of these have problems with the noise, even when i daisy chain. The picture is clear and noise-free!

There must be something weird happening with the combination of the Gamecube/Saturn cable and daisy chaining the scart switchers.

Any idea what his could be? There's nothing wrong with the cables or the Hama switchers, i totally ruled that out now.

The moving pattern interference sounds like a ground loop.

But why does it only occur with the Gamecube & Saturn signal? All other consoles are fine with this setup

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's either the ground or the 5v supply in the cable. If you don't need the 5v line, try disconnecting it.