Check out this Dimahoo what is it?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Thanks guys I'll give it a shot.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer

That's only if you have a pesky phoenixed board that keeps re-charging the caps, which in turn causes the game to "die" and need to be re-shorted again.

Imho, just discharge the board:

1) Long Way: Don't play the game for a couple of days and let the charge dissipate from the caps. Then try and restart it. Or
2) Fast Way: Get a med. flat head scew driver, open the case, and short the EXE# caps, from the bottom of the board. The short will dissipate the charge.

If a charge buildup is stopping the board form starting up, then this should clear the trouble.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's exactly what's happening with his board, his isn't original. The resistor dissipates the charge for you.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
That's exactly what's happening with his board, his isn't original. The resistor dissipates the charge for you.

If this is the first time it's happened to K-2, then I wouldn't worry about it. Happened once to my buddies A3 board, and he's had that thing for years. No biggie.

Now, if this happens a lot to K-2, like every time he plays the game, then I'd add the resistor.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
You shouldn't have to take this crap. Send it back and make them pay for the return shipping and have them send you a new, non pos one heh

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Ughh. So I just flipped it on for the first time since I posted yesterday and it does work now...

I did pick out a suitable box in the garage to return the board to HK and alerted Excellent that I was going to do so. And now it works.... I'm tired of this run around, maybe it work for good now, maybe I'd have to repeat this process in a couple of weeks, but I'm going to take Fox's advice here and send it back and have them reimburse me, or find me a legit Dimahoo. This is the second time I've had bad luck with HK based sellers, first one being Gamedok HK. Oh well.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Ughh. So I just flipped it on for the first time since I posted yesterday and it does work now...

I did pick out a suitable box in the garage to return the board to HK and alerted Excellent that I was going to do so. And now it works.... I'm tired of this run around, maybe it work for good now, maybe I'd have to repeat this process in a couple of weeks, but I'm going to take Fox's advice here and send it back and have them reimburse me, or find me a legit Dimahoo. This is the second time I've had bad luck with HK based sellers, first one being Gamedok HK. Oh well.

Well, the main problem is that most Chinese don't really see or care about the difference between a bootleg and an original, thanks to completely nonexistent copyright laws. For all intents and purposes, the game, is the game, is the game to them. Excellent is a quality shop, though. They will make good if you're unhappy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd send it back as well. Get a legit one dude. Once you get bored with it, it's not easy reselling a boot.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Once you get bored with it

:oh_no:

K-2, sucks to hear about this situation, but on the bright side it looks like past experiences with excellent make it sound hopeful that it'll get sorted.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Good luck getting them to reimburse you, I tried twice and had to eat it from them. Not ordering anything from them ever again. And both times they sent me the wrong thing that I ordered. One being a chassis that I explicitly spelled out what it was and they sent me something completely different. Yet wanted me to eat shipping for their mistake. No thanks.