Check out this Dimahoo what is it?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Hi there,

I just bought this Dimahoo for less than 200 bucks, I asked the seller excellent com to replace the battery and take a picture and label the date it was changed.

They responded that they opened it up and the appears the battery does not need to be changed and they have shipped it out. So it looks like I'm getting this thing whether I like it or not, maybe you can tell me what I'm getting exactly.
They included these pictures below:

DSC05670_zps13828bac.jpg

DSC05672_zps71b8ebcc.jpg

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Is there a link to this board on their site?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
converted game.

Edit: Also I see no battery, so pheonixed!

Hi there,

I just bought this Dimahoo for less than 200 bucks, I asked the seller excellent com to replace the battery and take a picture and label the date it was changed.

They responded that they opened it up and the appears the battery does not need to be changed and they have shipped it out. So it looks like I'm getting this thing whether I like it or not, maybe you can tell me what I'm getting exactly.
They included these pictures below:

View attachment 7846

View attachment 7845

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Well that's good to know in case I ever choose to resell it in the future. They also said in the description that this is was a USA board, Obviously it is not.

In any case I've paid for it already, I guess I could make a super stink about it with them and try and get some reimbursement, On other hand I am looking forward to playing this game and as long as it works, well F it.

What would you do should I try and duke it out with them?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Best game ever, easily worth five thousand dollars!

Seriously though, maybe just a tad pricey, but if it came with a mobo it's not really a bad deal by any means.
Feel free to hound me if you need any tips for playing the game.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well one, it has a color sticker. No CPS 2 game had a full color sticker. Two, its a grey board which is Asian region. Did it come with and A board? The Asian boards have a different A board and you wouldn't be able to use it on any other color than grey.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Conversion board done using an Asian A&B board combo (A board has the grey test/sound buttons, so I'm assuming it's an Asian region board), probably phoenixed to USA region if ECL says it's USA region. The color label is a custom/reproduction (not original label). The artwork is the same as the Dimahoo poster that came with the CPS2 kit.

If it's an A&B combo, I'd say it's worth it. If not, I'd make a stink as finding an Asian A board can be hard, unless you already have one.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Well one, it has a color sticker. No CPS 2 game had a full color sticker. Two, its a grey board which is Asian region. Did it come with and A board? The Asian boards have a different A board and you wouldn't be able to use it on any other color than grey.

This panda still has much to learn. New Challengers and Tower of Doom have full color labels.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Gray Asian Phoenixed Conversion board, with a re-pro sticker.

The best thing about it is the eproms and the "A" board. :lolz:

That and it's set-up to play DIMAHOO.

Def not a $200 board, shipped.

Def not a $150 board, shipped.

Debatable at $100~$125, shipped.

What's not debatable is that it's the "Best game ever, easily worth five thousand dollars!" :lolz:

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
It's an A&B combo.

I think all in all it will work itself out to being an ok purchase. I've had a few boot mvs cartridges that had glitchiness mainly with the odd sprite and sound, hopefully this doesn't have some annoying sound problem or something of that nature. In other words now that I know it's a conversion, I just want it to be healthy :make_fac:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
GMC's is sweet too.

Er, didn't mean to attach a giant one. Fuck. My bad.

Attachments

• SSF2X.jpg
    SSF2X.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'd try to send it back unless you plan to keep it forever. I can't imagine they advertised it as a conversion - so you might have a shot. I can't see you getting more than $100 back on a gray conversion tbh.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Guess I'll stick to playing games lol. Hopefully it works out for you K-2.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I emailed them saying stating that this is an Asian CPS2 board converted and phoenixed. Which is worth considerably less than what they advertised as a US Dimahoo board. We'll see what response they give. I have a feeling it has already been shipped out and I'm not sure it will be worth my time and money to ship it back to HK. :(
My experience with other HK sellers has been less than stellar in terms of returns/reimbursement... we'll just have to see.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Yeah. If it works, I'd just chalk it up to lesson learned. You'll get your monies worth out of playing the board and the hassle and cost of shipping it back probably isn't worth the trouble.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Ok guys,

I got the board. I was considering trying to head the postman off at the pass and have him return to sender, (this is what excellent com suggested lolz) But in the end I came home from work and it was sitting on my stoop.

All considered with the above and it being an overpriced counterfeit Asian A+B that I'll be stuck with forever...I've been playing it a ton. I've been playing it a ton, and my friends and family think it's the funnest game I have. SOoooo, I'm not that upset in the end, and in the future I'll stick to more reliable sources for my games.

Lesson learned.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Next time, contact your local PO that delivers your mail.

Give them the tracking nubmer for the package, and tell them:

"Just Return It To The Sender."

That way, the package will get returned at the sorting end and not the delivery end.

Tx

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well that's good to know in case I ever choose to resell it in the future. They also said in the description that this is was a USA board, Obviously it is not.

In any case I've paid for it already, I guess I could make a super stink about it with them and try and get some reimbursement, On other hand I am looking forward to playing this game and as long as it works, well F it.

What would you do should I try and duke it out with them?

Last time I got a boot from Excellent, I brought it to their attention immediately and they:

1. Apologized profusely
2. Found an original version of the game and shipped it out within a few days
3. Said I could either send back the bootleg, or keep it for $20 if I wanted

I decided to keep it, which made them pretty happy, and I later sent it to Kid Panda to do something dirty with.

Basically, Excellent Company will definitely make this right, or will reimburse you if you're not happy. I don't think they can always tell the difference between a legit and bootleg game (though, mine was an Atomiswave game and those are really hard to tell if they're real or fake... That CPS board definitely looks suspect), and they'll do good if you bring it to their attention. Something to think about, for sure.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Well looks like I will have to try to contact them again, I've been playing the board for two weeks daily, and really enjoying it, and today out of the blue it only displays a blank white screen. sometimes pink. I've tried cleaning the contacts and using it all my other cabs/superguns and same thing.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well looks like I will have to try to contact them again, I've been playing the board for two weeks daily, and really enjoying it, and today out of the blue it only displays a blank white screen. sometimes pink. I've tried cleaning the contacts and using it all my other cabs/superguns and same thing.

You might need to discharge the caps in the B board. You can tie a resistor to ground and a cap near the EXC5 area from what I've read.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
A phoenixed game shouldn't have issues like that - did you separate it at some point to switch games? I didn't notice clips in the first pic you posted - does it have clips to hold the boards together? These boards are finicky - those 4 connections from A to B need to be very solid, 1/32" separation is all it takes to give a blank screen. If you don't have clips, put your palms on the top of the B board, right above where they connect, and push down firmly, do this at all 4 connection points.

Dimahoo is an outstanding game and it sounds like you've already gotten $100 of enjoyment out of it, so you're back to even if you decide to sell :) Teach your family the scoring system for even more fun - one of the best out there.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Get an OG board if possible.

--

In the mean time, try what XX said.