SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I'm not sure why that bothers you so much.

The thing that bothers me the most is when people jump into conversations head first without really knowing what's going on. You are certainly living up to your name as you've laid a golden egg with every single post you made today. Congrats on your sick e-baying skills by the way and thanks for the lesson.

Last edited:

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The thing that bothers me the most is when people jump into conversations head first without really knowing what's going on. You are certainly living up to your name as you've laid a golden egg with every single post you made today. Congrats on your sick e-baying skills by the way and thanks for the lesson.

I actually know very well what's going on. I was the one to first mention eBay prices a few pages back in this thread. Normally I'd ask you to kindly remove the large stick from your ass, but I'm all too aware what forum I'm posting on and know said stick is a requirement to be a regular poster here.

pipes

I was the one to first mention eBay prices a few pages back in this thread.

Oh, so you're the one that started this irrelevant nonsense?

Maybe you should call Tommo customer support if you're looking for acceptance and a shoulder to cry on.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'd still pay 75$ for one. I don't want anything to do with the video output nonsense anyway and I like the physical controls on the unit, despite its poor emulation and washed out screen.

But I have an MVS, a Neo CD, a NGPC, a Saturn, and a Dreamcast. I can play the authentic versions of the games any time I want. What I'd like is to be able to play a round of Garou at work on my lunch break, and I don't want to play on my PSP because of the dpad.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Oh, so you're the one that started this irrelevant nonsense?

Maybe you should call Tommo customer support if you're looking for acceptance and a shoulder to cry on.

You've mistaken me for someone who actually cares what the system sells for. I don't. I'm also not naive enough to believe this termination won't affect prices, even if it's just for the short term. I've been collecting game systems for too long to not see where this will go. You think the quality of the system matters? Nope. I've seen the even worse plug-and-play games from Walmart increase in price 4 - 5x for a period of several months after getting discontinued.

As I said before, the termination has NOT affected prices yet. When it does, you'll see sellers mentioning the termination in their auctions.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
How come Tommo hasn't taken out the neo geo x info from their website? Is it illegal?

pipes

How come Tommo hasn't taken out the neo geo x info from their website? Is it illegal?

Since they obviously have no idea how to create anything properly, it makes sense that they don't know how to let it die either.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well, I can't say I'm surprised.

I picked up the NGX on release and I've probably played it for a total of 2 hours as a handheld and 10 minutes in the dock. It was such a let down and now is all boxed up.

I'm keen to hear more as to why the licensing agreement was canned and Tommo's official response.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
You're clearly missing the context of this discussion which is the the run up in price in relation to the discontinuation of the NGX. YANDMAN may be confusing the $400+ listings as recent listings but he is clearly talking about the future lack of supply and how it will affect resale values. He probably cherry picked those listings to try to prove his point but only recent listings can serve as valid arguments.

If you want to nit pick and look up sold listings, here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271290674405 ($180 shipped, 10/6/13)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300885102040 ($180 shipped, 10/5/13)

I hadnt personally viewed listing of the suggested $400 nor do i care to, It was something i read in a forum, But as i stated once the stock levels are depleted they will surely rocket in value.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The stock levels of KOF mvs carts have long since depleted. And nothing is keeping those from being 20 dollar carts. If you want your NGX to raise in value, better send it to VGA and grade it in an acrylic case. XD

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
And Tommo responds: http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/08/tommo-denies-breach-of-contract/

Tommo said:
Tommo Responds to the Wrongful Termination Claim by SNK PLAYMORE USA CORP

Worldwide publisher and manufacturer of games and accessories continues to support and distribute NEOGEO X

Los Angeles, Calif. – October 7, 2013 – Tommo, Inc., today responded to the press release that appeared on the SNK PLAYMORE USA Corp website last week. Tommo, Inc. denies that any breach of contract exists in their agreement with SNK PLAYMORE USA Corp and are continuing to support and market the popular NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system, its accessories, and games. Due to the popularity of the system, Tommo and SNK extended the agreement earlier this year until 2016. Tommo fully expects this agreement to be honored by all parties. To date, Tommo has performed all of its obligations under its license agreement with SNK and is disappointed by SNK's sudden and unjustified termination of the agreement. Tommo has demanded that SNK retract its press release and any attempts to terminate the license agreement.

"Tommo is still taking care of all customer service and product warranties in North America as are our master distribution partners, Success in Asia and Blaze in Europe," said Jonathan Wan, CEO of Tommo, Inc.. "We're continuing to sell NEOGEO X products, including the NEOGEO X GOLD System, Arcade Stick, MEGA PACK Volume 1 and Classics Volumes 1-5. The license agreement which allows Tommo to sell and market these products remains in effect."

Tommo Inc. would like to thank the thousands of NEOGEO X fans who have shown amazing support for NEOGEO X in the last week and want them to know we will continue to support them, their NEOGEO X GOLD systems and products.

Obviously Tommo thinks putting out a shoddy product is A OK!

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I'm just gonna leave...

this...

right...

here...

996613_378729028922423_653154669_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/blazeneoge...9612/378729028922423/?type=1&relevant_count=1

*giggles*

ADDGAMER

n00b
Does this mean that this lasted longer than the Virtual boy? I had one of those in College. it was fun for what it was. a buddy of mine still has mine. The X will stay hooked up to the TV in my boys room because when it comes down to it. It will be a long long time before I can ever buy another AES system. It had potential for those of us looking to get back into Neo Geo without killing our wallets as adults.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
of course they are going to fight it. What the hell would they do with all the moody merch that is unsold? Just sit on it and take a loss? Fuck no, they need to sell that shit with the quickness.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
If Tommo is continuing to support the product for another 3 years, then I wonder how they will get the ROMs for new games from SNK if SNK doesn't support them?

Sounds like a bad break-up to me.

NeoGeoX: "I can change, please give me another chance"
SNK: "You can't change... you were born ugly and deformed, live with it"

geise

Mickey's Coach
Well they are already "trying to make money" off of a free GPL licensed emulator. So nothing is really stopping them from saying "fuck it" and make money off some romz. They obviously don't care what snkp thinks.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Tommo said:
Tommo Inc. would like to thank the thousands of NEOGEO X fans...

They sure do think highly of themselves. I'm so glad I sold mine back when I could essentially break even on the whole thing.

Now, if they drop the price down to around 25 bucks or so, I MIGHT consider picking one or two up to fuck around with and mod, but otherwise I'm looking forward to a quick death for this steaming pile of crap.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
We'll be able to get Mega Pack 2 & 3 :D

Shock Troopers 2nd squad, Pulstar, Ironclad, 8 man..............woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pipes

Suck it Pipes! Lollerz @ Trollerz! NeoGeo X for life!

Suck what exactly? You're the one playing shitty roms on a Dingoo clone.

Does it not bother you that SNKP thinks it's garbage? Their name is on it and they're still telling you it's a turd, lol!

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Suck what exactly? You're the one playing shitty roms on a Dingoo clone.

Does it not bother you that SNKP thinks it's garbage? Their name is on it and they're still telling you it's a turd, lol!

Not sure what you mean. My X plays authentic SNK gems on authentic SNK hardware. It puts out a gorgeous pic through S-Video to my CRT. Don't hate...CELEBRATE!!!