SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Major fail on Tommo gents. Reading this has been a pleasure...the NGX is truly axed for good. :P

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Lol, so much vitriol. I bought it, enjoy it, and use it to have fun. It could have been better, it was not. So I made it better myself.

I feel sorry that you feel the need to constantly defend that piece of shit. SNKP even thinks it's a turd.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I feel sorry that you feel the need to constantly defend that piece of shit. SNKP even thinks it's a turd.

I also find it funny that the defence is that it's OK if you mod it. That's like saying "Hey, my brand new car that I overpaid for is just fine, all I had to do was swap the motor myself, change the instrument panel, and use a chinese instruction manual to reprogram the computer. Totally happy with my purchase."

wintermute808, don't feel like you have to personally defend the NGX. If you're happy with it, good for you. Don't take everyone else who thinks it's a piece of shit pesonally.

That said, good riddance NGX. One of my friends who was a big neo fan bought one, and all it took was me using the handheld's joystick for about 10 seconds to know I hated the damn thing. Piece. Of. Shit. At least we have the "retrospective" thread, which is a personal favorite.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Its quire staggering that there seems to be no official note from Tommo anywhere to clarify the situation, lots of fools on the facebook page are saying SNK handled this very badly and that Tommo should go it alone and continue support.......Doesnt anyone understand anything????

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Its quire staggering that there seems to be no official note from Tommo anywhere to clarify the situation, lots of fools on the facebook page are saying SNK handled this very badly and that Tommo should go it alone and continue support.......Doesnt anyone understand anything????

You would think they would understand, but if they made the mistake of buying into it in the first place, then I suppose they're like the Ted Cruz lemmings of the SNK community, with less leverage.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I read one post where somebody suggested that the judge holding the case for the termination might have a sibling that had an X and that because of that might rule that more games should be released??

pipes

I also find it funny that the defence is that it's OK if you mod it. That's like saying "Hey, my brand new car that I overpaid for is just fine, all I had to do was swap the motor myself, change the instrument panel, and use a chinese instruction manual to reprogram the computer. Totally happy with my purchase."

"My Atari Jaguar is awesome! I just had to rip out all the insides and throw a PS2 in there. She runs great now and it took me under an hour too. Thanks Atari!" - Wintermute

Last edited:

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I agree completely, Ive said it before and ill say it again.........This one last time, Like many others when this was initially shown i thought yeah a cheaper version that allowed people to experience the wonderment and quality that are SNK games is no bad thing.............That's where it all ended, In the theory it was o.k. but pipes your totally right how can you justify something that you have to fix in order to use it and how could somebody release something of which perfect emulation was reached approx ten years prior to its release date, yes many argued that all these games or many of them are too expensive to ever physically own but what was the point in spending some money to never be able to appreciate them at all, I know the U.S got it far cheaper than here in the U.K so those that only spent $100 or less didn't suffer too bad a wound but anyone who spent a combined total of £300 plus for the console the game pack and another controller needed their head being rectified, you could of bought an actual AES and a few games for that cost........Anyways the joke of it now is that these things will rocket in value and everyone will use that as a avenue of repayment or a good purchase, many may feel its snobbery but until you have actually held and used original equipment you will never understand how beautiful it is............The End

pipes

Yandman: That's perhaps the longest sentence I have ever seen in my life but there's a lot of good points in between those overused commas.

One thing I have to disagree with is the "rocket in value" part. How much do paper-weights and door-stops go for these days?

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Yeah sorry about that when i start typing i just go ha ha.

But im almost certain these things will rocket in value purely on supply and demand ive read that there is seven days of purchasing left so people are rushing to buy extra sticks and in understanding of basic supply and demand this will push up prices, The systems are already being priced over $400 on ebay...aw well good luck to em :)

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I don't know where you're getting these $400+ listings from. I just looked on the newly listed Neo Geo X on ebay and they are still in the ~$160 range.

pipes

The systems are already being priced over $400 on ebay...

I'm sure you're referring to this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NEOGEO-X-GOLD-ENTERTAINMENT-SYSTEM-Bonus-NINJA-MASTER-Game-Japan-/230952746661?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c5db3ea5

This listing was posted and last updated on Mar. 25, 2013. It has nothing to do with the demise of our beloved NGX. It's absolutely worthless. If I found one mint, still sealed in the box sitting in front of my door I would take it straight to the curb.

Last edited:

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't know where you're getting these $400+ listings from. I just looked on the newly listed Neo Geo X on ebay and they are still in the ~$160 range.

Apparently you have no idea how to use eBay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-NEOGEO-X...LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c5db3ea5&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Neo-Geo-X-Go...ux_de_marchandises&hash=item4ac0b23748&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CONSOLE-NEO-...eux_Vidéo_Consoles&hash=item3a82a67fb1&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEO-GEO-X-GO...LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a531a3c2&_uhb=1

There are several more in the $260 - $320 range. Need me to link those too?

pipes

Apparently you have no idea how to use eBay

There are several more in the $260 - $320 range. Need me to link those too?

Please refer to post #139. Thank you.

Everything you listed was posted and/or last revised months ago. The argument that the price has now sky-rocketed has been put to bed. It's worthless - more than ever before.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

pipes

It's not worth it's weight in shit - never will be. The end.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So you're telling me that these months old listings forecasted the demise of the NGX.

I never said they forecasted anything. You wrote:

I don't know where you're getting these $400+ listings from.

All I did was link the auctions where those prices came from.

Fact is, this termination hasn't affected prices yet. It'll be clear when that happens, as the sellers will start mentioning it in their auctions. Don't fool yourself though. There will be a huge spike in the price of these systems once they're no longer available from retailers. Best Buy in Canada sold through their entire inventory of 47 units this weekend alone, while Future Shop has only 23 left (started with nearly 60). There's a renewed interest, whether you like it or not.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I still refuse to believe those damn things will be valuable in the future. They will be just as valuable as the NGage.

pipes

All I did was link the auctions where those prices came from.

Yeah, auctions from 6 months ago that have no relevance whatsoever - way to go! You obviously skipped over the part where he mentioned searching through the relevant NEWLY listed auctions.

Best Buy in Canada sold through their entire inventory of 47 units this weekend alone...

In a country of more than 35 million people - 47 suckers isn't that bad I guess.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yeah, auctions from 6 months ago that have no relevance whatsoever - way to go! You obviously skipped over the part where he mentioned searching through the relevant NEWLY listed auctions.

And you skipped over the part where he simply stated he didn't know where those prices came from. Yes, he mentioned he looked at newly listed items. Since he didn't mention anything about older auctions, it could have easily implied he didn't look at other auctions and therefore didn't see any listings for the mentioned higher prices.

If you look at completed auctions, you'll find that several Neo Geo X systems have sold for $250 - $300. One of them just completed yesterday. Whether you like it or not, there are people willing to pay more to get their hands on this system. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
And you skipped over the part where he simply stated he didn't know where those prices came from. Yes, he mentioned he looked at newly listed items. Since he didn't mention anything about older auctions, it could have easily implied he didn't look at other auctions and therefore didn't see any listings for the mentioned higher prices.

If you look at completed auctions, you'll find that several Neo Geo X systems have sold for $250 - $300. One of them just completed yesterday. Whether you like it or not, there are people willing to pay more to get their hands on this system. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much.

You're clearly missing the context of this discussion which is the the run up in price in relation to the discontinuation of the NGX. YANDMAN may be confusing the $400+ listings as recent listings but he is clearly talking about the future lack of supply and how it will affect resale values. He probably cherry picked those listings to try to prove his point but only recent listings can serve as valid arguments.

If you want to nit pick and look up sold listings, here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271290674405 ($180 shipped, 10/6/13)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300885102040 ($180 shipped, 10/5/13)

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
The good news is maybe, just MAYBE, I can get some $$$ for selling my turd-x on ebay.

I bought the turd-x as an uneducated fool: I didn't know that it was complete garbage as it was branded SNK. These new ebayers have all the education (reviews, opinions, youtube clips), so don't pity them if they are throwing away their cash.