Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygnosis8 View Post
    You know, I never understood who this thing was marketed to. Hardcore neo fans are very precious about the details, and there were so many things done wrong with this thing there was just no way the core audience was gonna go for this. On the other hand, the price on it was way too high to attract casual/tentative fans or curious onlookers. This thing had no discernible target audience, IMO, and it was doomed to fail.

Oh, and to anyone who thinks that arcade stick is good: it's not. The build quality is terrible (it's cheaper and lighter than an actual aes stick) and it only has 4 buttons, severely limiting the number of pc games you can actually play with it . Curious parties would be better served by saving and investing in a quanba or ps3 hori stick. These phony aes sticks are crap.
    So much truth ^. I honestly believe SNK wanted to thank their fans and followers for all the years of dedication that has occurred. That's why the packaging, aesthetics, and box for the Mega Pack paid so many tributes to the original. The actions speak as love letters to the fans.

Unfortunately, Tommo fucked it up with the hardware, game emulation, and horrendous customer service to boot. I returned my NGX after the rocket cable blessedly bricked it, after multiple emails and phone calls asking them to accept it back for repair. I got a generic answer three weeks after the last email, in reply to the FIRST email. fuckers.

The intent from SNK was honorable, and admirable. The execution from Tommo was pathetic at best, and karma decided now was the time to rear her head to shoddy business.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by ggallegos1 View Post
    So much truth ^. I honestly believe SNK wanted to thank their fans and followers for all the years of dedication that has occurred. That's why the packaging, aesthetics, and box for the Mega Pack paid so many tributes to the original. The actions speak as love letters to the fans.

Unfortunately, Tommo fucked it up with the hardware, game emulation, and horrendous customer service to boot. I returned my NGX after the rocket cable blessedly bricked it, after multiple emails and phone calls asking them to accept it back for repair. I got a generic answer three weeks after the last email, in reply to the FIRST email. fuckers.

The intent from SNK was honorable, and admirable. The execution from Tommo was pathetic at best, and karma decided now was the time to rear her head to shoddy business.
    SNK had nothing to do with the NGX other than licensing. Everything that happened was from Tommo themselves.

NEST Puppet

Sad that this kills any chance for a future homebrew community, happy the "limited edition" will finally be off the shelves. If they can even sell the remaining stock.

I hope SNK can release a proper handheld in the future, but the 'X' might have killed that chance off as well..

Angel's Love Slave

Never cared for the turd so don't read here much but :

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    SNK had nothing to do with the NGX other than licensing. Everything that happened was from Tommo themselves.
    Still, I have to look at SNK for not enforcing their own standards of quality. Licensing your loved name out to a company who pushes out an incomplete product reflects back on SNK for poor planning.

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    Does it really matter how much modding you do when the hardware will always be low-end garbage? The display is pitiful. Is nobody bothered by that?
    Low-end garbage as compared to what? Original hardware? No kidding.

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    HAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by nerdstick View Post
    Sad that this kills any chance for a future homebrew community, happy the "limited edition" will finally be off the shelves. If they can even sell the remaining stock.

I hope SNK can release a proper handheld in the future, but the 'X' might have killed that chance off as well..
    I don't think the current SNK-P, which as I understand it is a shell of the old SNK-P, which was a shell of what SNK was at it's height, has it in them to release anything competitive anymore - it would be another 3rd rate piece of licensed shit like this. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about SNK-Poop's status. ~
    Last edited by El Maricon Loco; 10-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute808 View Post
    Still, I have to look at SNK for not enforcing their own standards of quality. Licensing your loved name out to a company who pushes out an incomplete product reflects back on SNK for poor planning.
    Even the current gen consoles get RROD and YLOD all the time. There is no such thing as quality anymore.

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!

Quote Originally Posted by SNKorSWM View Post
    Even the current gen consoles get RROD and YLOD all the time. There is no such thing as quality anymore.
    My launch day Wii and launch day Gamecube are still working fine.

Long Dong Silver.

Somebody check the obituaries for suicides in what ever area Cruejones4life lives.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

lol another "favorite" is supporting the NGX on that NGF post, see if you can guess who it is!

In with the real hardware, out with the bootlegs......who is this I wonder?

Don't piss off cats or you'll get the Nyanyan Uppercut!

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzytaco View Post
    Somebody check the obituaries for suicides in what ever area Cruejones4life lives.
    Lollerz at trollerz!!! And its crujones4life...MOTHAFUCKA!!!
    Sometimes you just have to say what the fuck, you know?

Neo-Geo AES JP SN# 209061
    Neo-Geo AES JP SN# 055682
    Neo-Geo CDZ JP SN# 0027880
    Neo-Geo CD JP SN# 0026713
    Neo-Geo Pocket Color US SN# 0318462
    Neo-Geo Pocket Color US SN# ?
    Neo-Geo Pocket Color US SN# ?
    Neo-Geo MVS-4-25 US SN# 015132
    (with a MV-6F inside SN# ?)

Total number of games across my 89 systems = 1384

Wii Code 3982 3571 7539 3886
    SSBB 0645 5489 2105
    MK 0731 6002 4392

Galaga High Score: 418,110pts. (stage 45)

Long Dong Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by crujones4life View Post
    Lollerz at trollerz!!! And its crujones4life...MOTHAFUCKA!!!
    Ahh good, you're still alive. My deepest condolences for your loss, who could have ever expected the NGX to be cut down in its prime, before it even had a chance to grow up. OH LOORD MY BABY, OH PLEASE LORD DON'T LET 'EM TAKE MA BABY!!

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

I dont understand what people expected the NGX was going to be?? Was it suppose to be an exact replica of the neo geo mvs/aes? No. Go buy an old expensive mvs/aes if so. I mean to begin with Tommo's dumb ass was imitating a previous product released by SNK on a handheld that was "cheap". LITERALLY. I bought the NGX but mainly to support SNKP in hopes they would release more stuff in the future. To me SNK gave permission to another company to release a new console. I felt like Sega was releasing the second Dreamcast when the news came about... Like someone else mentioned i guess this eliminates our chances of getting a quality Neo Geo system soon.... Hopefully SNKP redeems themselves. My 2 cents on this topic LOL!

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    I dont understand what people expected the NGX was going to be?? Was it suppose to be an exact replica of the neo geo mvs/aes? No. Go buy an old expensive mvs/aes if so. I mean to begin with Tommo's dumb ass was imitating a previous product released by SNK on a handheld that was "cheap". LITERALLY. I bought the NGX but mainly to support SNKP in hopes they would release more stuff in the future. To me SNK gave permission to another company to release a new console. I felt like Sega was releasing the second Dreamcast when the news came about... Like someone else mentioned i guess this eliminates our chances of getting a quality Neo Geo system soon.... Hopefully SNKP redeems themselves. My 2 cents on this topic LOL!
    It could have been great. Instead they basically stole code and used it in a chinese ripoff. Yes using a 4x3 screen would have made it more expensive, but at least it would make more sense than a 16x9 screen.

In with the real hardware, out with the bootlegs......who is this I wonder?

Don't piss off cats or you'll get the Nyanyan Uppercut!

Rugal's Thug

Finally, the end to the Neo-Geo handheld that never was or ever will be.

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!

I dont understand what people expected the NGX was going to be??
    Nothing...and it delivered.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    Nothing...and it delivered.
    Agreed

I expected nothing less where the NGX was concerned.

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xarcade View Post
    Finally, the end to the Neo-Geo handheld that never was or ever will be.
    True. Still a missed opportunity though. I guess SNKP will continue to develop for Tablets and smart phones until it dies. Again...let's be fair. It isn't even the shadow of its older self (SNK) and glory.

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

A handheld licensed by SNKP, emblazoned with the NeoGeo logo, to accurately, faithfully and, tbh, PERFECTLY emulate NeoGeo games - on the small screen AND on the big screen via the dock. I mean, considering all other manner of machines (inc the Xbox from 2002) have managed this a decade earlier without so much as breaking a sweat, not to mention SNKP's more than decent releases for the Wii VC and NGStation complete with scanline and interlace generation, this wasn't too much to ask... especially in consideration of the monstrous price point.

Again, thanks to all those who splashed the cash and were honest enough to come clean about the shoddy quality > NeoGeo bias. You saved me, and no doubt others, the best part of 200. If you bought it after the alarm bells were sounded here, then you got what was coming to you...

Whip's Subordinate

For the price, I expected it to be of higher quality!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Neorebel View Post
    For the price, I expected it to be of higher quality!
    But with Tommo's reputation, why would you have expected that? It's not that Tommo previously had a bunch of great products in their portfolio. Everything they've released has been extremely poor quality, but at least priced at a point where people wouldn't be too pissed off for spending the money. There was no reason to expect the Neo Geo X to be of higher quality. They've always cut corners and don't expect that to ever change.

Whip's Subordinate

Quote Originally Posted by goldenegg View Post
    But with Tommo's reputation, why would you have expected that? It's not that Tommo previously had a bunch of great products in their portfolio. Everything they've released has been extremely poor quality, but at least priced at a point where people wouldn't be too pissed off for spending the money. There was no reason to expect the Neo Geo X to be of higher quality. They've always cut corners and don't expect that to ever change.
    I guess I wasn't really thinking it through. I had some sort of hope that they would do better with a Neo Geo branded product

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Just stopping by to gloat and laugh at Tommo and any fool that knowingly supported this hunk of junk.

Good riddance.
    *Diggerman* - cuz ya never knew a NeoGeo game could look THAT bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Diggerman View Post
    Just stopping by to gloat and laugh at Tommo and any fool that knowingly supported this hunk of junk.

Good riddance.
    Lol, so much vitriol. I bought it, enjoy it, and use it to have fun. It could have been better, it was not. So I made it better myself.

Thread Information