SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
What's the chances SNKP have their very own in-house ED-209 variant (complete with the... glitch) ready to deal out justice, to those who fail to comply?

At least, in a fair and just world...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Sorry guys .. I am new to the forum ..and never cared about the neo geo X ... but can someone explain to me in few words why are you all so happy about this happening. Thanks :)

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Sorry guys .. I am new to the forum ..and never cared about the neo geo X ... but can someone explain to me in few words why are you all so happy about this happening. Thanks :)

If I can only use a few words, here's my explanation.....

Picture your worst nightmare and then cover it with Neo Geo and SNK stickers.......there you go.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Wow, I just caught the news now, and well... a single tear falls down my cheek: happiness that the nightmare will finally end, or sadness that I'll never be able to sell this steamer to recoup some $$$, either way works for me!

pipes

Wow, I just caught the news now, and well... a single tear falls down my cheek: happiness that the nightmare will finally end, or sadness that I'll never be able to sell this steamer to recoup some $$$, either way works for me!

So sorry for your loss. At least you are not one of those that thinks they actually own a rare collectible now. Cut your losses and move on with your life my friend. The skies the limit now that you don't have to worry about shoddy build quality and horrible emulation. Oh, Oh...when's the next firmware update coming out? Can they fix the screen tearing by Christmas?.....Who cares? It's done. Fuck off Tommo.

Last edited:

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This shit is gonna be the next Ngage "collectible". If idiots actually think this crap is gonna be collectible they must have lost their mind. I could take a dump right now and it would be just as valuable as that crap NGX.

K-9999

n00b
Looks like the NGX just became a "collector's item". :rolleyes:

This. Happy to have it. Even if it isn't that great. Expect its value to skyrocket on the secondary market. I might take a second arcade pad before it's too late.

A shameful collector"s item is still a collector's item :)

On a side note, good for SNK P to get back on tracks for that crappy thing.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's not very professional looking but it's Neo-Geo X so who the hell cares.

0101-dunce.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
"Regarding customer support for any/all of the Licensed Products, please contact the retail store / online retailer from which the product(s) were purchased."

Meaning if your NGX has a problem with it, you're fucked.

So that's like what, 12 systems? 8 of which 8man owns.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Unfortunately buying a NGX is like herpes, once you get it you will have to live with the shame forever..

man i feel bad for anyone who upgraded their firmware (AND PAID MONEY TO DO SO HOLY SHIT) and now not only can't play roms anymore, but won't be getting any chance of new games

lol

Elder

NEST Puppet
Can't say I'm surprised at all. I think we all saw this coming a mile away.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
ScreenShot2013-10-04at191945_zpsa69d6ffe.png

Muhahhahahahahhahaa!

xROTx

SSS

neo retired
product pages and facebook still up. Tommo is giving SNKP the finger NGF style. now all we need is a Tommo rep to pop up 10 years from now offering authentication services for your mega packs.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
My inbox is full of news about this. All the stories that have reported this have nothing but cheers of joy from the hardcore audiance in their comments section. incredibly entertaining lol

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
product pages and facebook still up. Tommo is giving SNKP the finger NGF style. now all we need is a Tommo rep to pop up 10 years from now offering authentication services for your mega packs.

The US Facebook page has been updated to no longer allow posts by users. You can still comment on their posts though.

Hmm. Interesting. I still like mine and will continue to play it. That being said, can't say Im surprised. Hijacking an emulator, leaving the device wide open, releases too far apart...

pipes

Hmm. Interesting. I still like mine and will continue to play it. That being said, can't say Im surprised. Hijacking an emulator, leaving the device wide open, releases too far apart...

shoddy build quality, terrible emulation, screen tearing, bargain-bin cheap display, color bleeding, muted and poor quality sound, vertical scan lines, turbo, 16:9 aspect ratio, forcing you to buy their shitty games just to get a firmware update that most likely bricks your console, not having a portable charger for a portable system until 7 months after launch, the name "rocket cable".......

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
shoddy build quality, terrible emulation, screen tearing, bargain-bin cheap display, color bleeding, muted and poor quality sound, vertical scan lines, turbo, 16:9 aspect ratio, forcing you to buy their shitty games just to get a firmware update that most likely bricks your console, not having a portable charger for a portable system until 7 months after launch, the name "rocket cable".......

OH.gif