Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

What's the chances SNKP have their very own in-house ED-209 variant (complete with the... glitch) ready to deal out justice, to those who fail to comply?

At least, in a fair and just world...

Calvin & Hobbes

Sorry guys .. I am new to the forum ..and never cared about the neo geo X ... but can someone explain to me in few words why are you all so happy about this happening. Thanks

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    Sorry guys .. I am new to the forum ..and never cared about the neo geo X ... but can someone explain to me in few words why are you all so happy about this happening. Thanks
    If I can only use a few words, here's my explanation.....

Picture your worst nightmare and then cover it with Neo Geo and SNK stickers.......there you go.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

Crazed MVS Addict

Wow, I just caught the news now, and well... a single tear falls down my cheek: happiness that the nightmare will finally end, or sadness that I'll never be able to sell this steamer to recoup some $$$, either way works for me!

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Quote Originally Posted by p413j316 View Post
    Wow, I just caught the news now, and well... a single tear falls down my cheek: happiness that the nightmare will finally end, or sadness that I'll never be able to sell this steamer to recoup some $$$, either way works for me!
    So sorry for your loss. At least you are not one of those that thinks they actually own a rare collectible now. Cut your losses and move on with your life my friend. The skies the limit now that you don't have to worry about shoddy build quality and horrible emulation. Oh, Oh...when's the next firmware update coming out? Can they fix the screen tearing by Christmas?.....Who cares? It's done. Fuck off Tommo.
    Last edited by pipes; 10-04-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Lazy SNK Employee

This shit is gonna be the next Ngage "collectible". If idiots actually think this crap is gonna be collectible they must have lost their mind. I could take a dump right now and it would be just as valuable as that crap NGX.

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Joneo View Post
    Looks like the NGX just became a "collector's item".
    This. Happy to have it. Even if it isn't that great. Expect its value to skyrocket on the secondary market. I might take a second arcade pad before it's too late.

A shameful collector"s item is still a collector's item

On a side note, good for SNK P to get back on tracks for that crappy thing.
    Last edited by K-9999; 10-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'

It's not very professional looking but it's Neo-Geo X so who the hell cares.

0101-dunce.jpg
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

Bunker Buster

Quote Originally Posted by ViceMikey View Post
    For posterity.

Attachment 7624
    "Regarding customer support for any/all of the Licensed Products, please contact the retail store / online retailer from which the product(s) were purchased."

Meaning if your NGX has a problem with it, you're fucked.
    ...console emulation has no soul...

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

Quote Originally Posted by K-9999 View Post
    A shameful collector"s item is still a collector's item
    Sad. Really fucking sad.

Because it's true...

Quote Originally Posted by goombakid View Post
    "Regarding customer support for any/all of the Licensed Products, please contact the retail store / online retailer from which the product(s) were purchased."

Meaning if your NGX has a problem with it, you're fucked.
    So that's like what, 12 systems? 8 of which 8man owns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

For anyone in Canada, Future Shop is clearing out the controller for $27.97. Not a bad price, especially since it works on Windows and Mac computers.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...6781529b75en02

You'll want to act fast though, as SNKP's press release calls out that Tommo need to remove this product from retailers.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by p413j316 View Post
    Unfortunately buying a NGX is like herpes, once you get it you will have to live with the shame forever..

Timid Neo Newbie

man i feel bad for anyone who upgraded their firmware (AND PAID MONEY TO DO SO HOLY SHIT) and now not only can't play roms anymore, but won't be getting any chance of new games

lol

NEST Puppet

Can't say I'm surprised at all. I think we all saw this coming a mile away.

Calvin & Hobbes

Muhahhahahahahhahaa!

xROTx

Vice's Love Slave

This is truly a laugh in your face moment.

neo retired

product pages and facebook still up. Tommo is giving SNKP the finger NGF style. now all we need is a Tommo rep to pop up 10 years from now offering authentication services for your mega packs.

Cholecystectomy Required.

My inbox is full of news about this. All the stories that have reported this have nothing but cheers of joy from the hardcore audiance in their comments section. incredibly entertaining lol

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by SSS View Post
    product pages and facebook still up. Tommo is giving SNKP the finger NGF style. now all we need is a Tommo rep to pop up 10 years from now offering authentication services for your mega packs.
    The US Facebook page has been updated to no longer allow posts by users. You can still comment on their posts though.

Hmm. Interesting. I still like mine and will continue to play it. That being said, can't say Im surprised. Hijacking an emulator, leaving the device wide open, releases too far apart...

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute808 View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. I still like mine and will continue to play it. That being said, can't say Im surprised. Hijacking an emulator, leaving the device wide open, releases too far apart...
    Don't worry it will break soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by psychobear85 View Post
    Don't worry it will break soon enough...
    I think mine is safe since I have replaced everything inside of it myself, firmware included.

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute808 View Post
    shoddy build quality, terrible emulation, screen tearing, bargain-bin cheap display, color bleeding, muted and poor quality sound, vertical scan lines, turbo, 16:9 aspect ratio, forcing you to buy their shitty games just to get a firmware update that most likely bricks your console, not having a portable charger for a portable system until 7 months after launch, the name "rocket cable".......

Rugal's Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    shoddy build quality, terrible emulation, screen tearing, bargain-bin cheap display, color bleeding, muted and poor quality sound, vertical scan lines, turbo, 16:9 aspect ratio, forcing you to buy their shitty games just to get a firmware update that most likely bricks your console, not having a portable charger for a portable system until 7 months after launch, the name "rocket cable".......

Thread Information